Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread
Oct 20, 2019 at 10:46 PM Post #1,742 of 1,955
This is exactly my question as well?is the P7W a worthy purchase now for $350 AUD brand new? Beside the sound, the technology is a bit aged now and I’m afraid of the battery lifetime as well. I was really hopping that the PX7 was going to be a worthy successor but you are said that they didn’t sound good? There are very limited reviews of the P7X on YouTube but the guy put it on top of all the other headphones! What was your expressive with them?
They don't make me 'move'. There is not as much excitement or energy with them. They look awkward as well and have major quality control problems. No headphone made me move to the music like the P7W did. The 1000xm3 are fine and great at N/C which i will continue to use for traveling on planes and busses. But for walking around town, listening at home and at the office I'm going with P7W. The P7W have been so good that 4 years later no bluetooth headphone can come close to the sound quality these have. Even from the same company. That says a lot.

Oct 20, 2019 at 11:16 PM Post #1,743 of 1,955
They don't make me 'move'. There is not as much excitement or energy with them. They look awkward as well and have major quality control problems. No headphone made me move to the music like the P7W did. The 1000xm3 are fine and great at N/C which i will continue to use for traveling on planes and busses. But for walking around town, listening at home and at the office I'm going with P7W. The P7W have been so good that 4 years later no bluetooth headphone can come close to the sound quality these have. Even from the same company. That says a lot.
Well, that is certainly good to know, thanks! since you have experience with P7W, would you recommend it for daily commute on the train etc? I don't care about the NC is Sound Quality is as advertised for P7W, however, I mostly use my headphones when I get out of the house, spend an hour on the train and watch movies and listen to music! so, just wondering if they tick that box or not! again, I know they are not as comfy as XM3 or Bosem but if they are manageable and have much better sound, then that should be OK.

Oct 21, 2019 at 3:39 AM Post #1,744 of 1,955
Well, that is certainly good to know, thanks! since you have experience with P7W, would you recommend it for daily commute on the train etc? I don't care about the NC is Sound Quality is as advertised for P7W, however, I mostly use my headphones when I get out of the house, spend an hour on the train and watch movies and listen to music! so, just wondering if they tick that box or not! again, I know they are not as comfy as XM3 or Bosem but if they are manageable and have much better sound, then that should be OK.
If you don't care about N/C and not overly worried about Comfort these are defiantly the best bluetooth headphones. Comfort is just ok, i wouldn't reccomond them for long periods
If you don't care about N/C and not overly worried about comfort these are defiantly the best sounding bluetooth headphones. Comfort is just ok, i wouldn't necessarily recommend them for long listening sessions. Id use to get a pinch on the crown of my head after listening for more than two hours or so, but this can be easily fixed by adjusting the headband a tiny bit. not a big deal. They are also great for watching movies, the sound quality is very similar to what you would hear in theatres. You feel like you're actually there.

Jan 11, 2020 at 8:40 AM Post #1,750 of 1,955
This is obviously about personal preference ultimately, but by chance does anyone have any favorite iPhone EQ settings with these particular headphones? As I posted upthread, I haven't used any EQ in the 9 years I've had iPhones, but the bass-heavy sound with the P7W is disruptive for me with some albums. Vocals in particular are something I want to hear clearly.

I've tried Bass Reducer but it takes out a little too much, and the midrange sounds a little thin. Spoken Word seems a little better on this front but also sounds too "EQ'd" sometimes. To my surprise, the Late Night EQ has an odd appeal to it, but my understanding is that it just compresses everything and it certainly doesn't sound natural.

This.

Sorry If I resurrected an old post. But I have been testing this Late Night EQ option, and quickly figured this works as a system wide option, works for youtube and even tidal, and it does not compress too much.

Mar 23, 2020 at 1:34 AM Post #1,751 of 1,955

Have you tried any of the Master & Dynamic models?

Jun 20, 2020 at 12:09 PM Post #1,752 of 1,955
Well, I am starting to have an issue with my P7Ws. They are charged 100%, I take my hour walk and in about 20 minutes, they cut off. The first time, I couldn't turn them on again.
I charged them for hours and used them on my next walk and they cut off after around 30 minutes.
I turned them on the next day and it says 100% charged.
Not sure if it is a battery issue.
One good, they work great passive but it is nice to have it wireless.

Jun 20, 2020 at 1:59 PM Post #1,753 of 1,955
Well, I am starting to have an issue with my P7Ws. They are charged 100%, I take my hour walk and in about 20 minutes, they cut off. The first time, I couldn't turn them on again.
I charged them for hours and used them on my next walk and they cut off after around 30 minutes.
I turned them on the next day and it says 100% charged.
Not sure if it is a battery issue.
One good, they work great passive but it is nice to have it wireless.
It does sound like a possible battery issue. Good thing about the wired connectivity being well done. That is my one concern with wireless where the batteries aren't easily replaced. It becomes an environmental issue if people are just getting three or four years out of them and then discarding them. I used to coordinate a pretty busy little electronic waste drop-off depot and man is there ever a great deal of waste that is only marginally recyclable. Hate the idea of disposable headphones which is why I loved the Bang & Oulfsen designs that featured user replaceable batteries. I very much enjoyed the sound signature of the H7 that I owned, lovely headphone in general, but it couldn't play loud enough for me which was mostly problematic on quieter, more dynamic recordings.

Dec 16, 2020 at 7:17 PM Post #1,754 of 1,955
Love my P7W still. When I had a warranty claim last year because of the volumn+ button not working, I was given the option to "upgrade" to the PX7 with no extra charge as the P7W were discontinued. After reading some reviews of the PX7, I opted to stay with the P7W. I also have a pair of Sony XM3 for the office and while the sony has one of the best ANC capability at the moment, the sound quality does not come close to the P7W.

I've seen people do a diy battery replacement on the P7W, if all fails we can still enjoy the P7W with a real W 😀

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2020 at 12:18 AM Post #1,755 of 1,955
Love my P7W still. When I had a warranty claim last year because of the volumn+ button not working, I was given the option to "upgrade" to the PX7 with no extra charge as the P7W are discontinued. After reading some reviews of the PX7, I opted to stay with the P7W. I also have a pair of Sony XM3 for the office and while the sony has one of the best ANC capability at the moment, the sound quality does not come close to the P7W.

I've see people do a diy battery replacement on the P7W, if all fails we can still enjoy the P7W with a real W 😀
It's crazy after all this time the B&W P7W is still my favorite wireless headphone. For sound quality alone nothing I've heard since it was introduced has topped it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back