Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread
Oct 1, 2019 at 3:52 PM Post #1,729 of 1,955
Hey guys! Ain't posted in absolute ages... still have my P7W's but im curious... are there any other headphones that have come out in the past 6 months etc that are awesome? I fancy a change etc.

Also looking for a great pair of IEM's...

Any suggestions guys? Google just gives the generic results where I know there must be loads of real quality headsets out there that just won't be mainstream etc

Oct 1, 2019 at 8:28 PM Post #1,730 of 1,955
Hey guys! Ain't posted in absolute ages... still have my P7W's but im curious... are there any other headphones that have come out in the past 6 months etc that are awesome? I fancy a change etc.

Also looking for a great pair of IEM's...

Any suggestions guys? Google just gives the generic results where I know there must be loads of real quality headsets out there that just won't be mainstream etc
For closed backs...just got the DT 177X Go. Very awesome, replacing my H6 in the office (though I will keep the H6 for travel). To me, they have cleaner and punchier bass, better mids, fuller and more dynamic sound with a slightly warm tilt, crisper treble (though not as smooth, but still good and probably more "accurate"). Still waiting for more reviews to come out aside from those who reviewed it prior to their release, but it's probably the best closed headphone at its price point right now.

The Audeze Mobius is also interesting but I haven't tried it. I heard it's pretty good. There's also a new AKG that just came out, that apparently is pretty darn close to Harman target response. I think it's called K371?

Oct 6, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #1,731 of 1,955
Hi,
since last week I've got the P5 wireless. Can somebody compare the P5 to the P7 wireless?
I actually like the P5, but my only issues are:
* They have a lot of sound leakage. IMHO too much for a closed can.
* I have to put them exactly on my ears, otherwise the sound changes. Did not have that problem with larger headphones.

Are the P7 better on these 2 issues? How does the sound differ?

Oct 6, 2019 at 10:24 AM Post #1,732 of 1,955
Did you get the “old” P5 on-ear or the new PX5 on-ear?

I once bought the original P5 and found the sound too thin. I had the opportunity to exchange them for the P7 wireless and pay the difference, and the sound was way better. The P7 wireless was what got me into hi-res audio and opened up the world of good quality sound. I started hearing details in songs I hadn’t noticed before.

So to put it short, I would definitely recommend the P7 over the P5.

Oct 6, 2019 at 2:43 PM Post #1,733 of 1,955
Hi,
since last week I've got the P5 wireless. Can somebody compare the P5 to the P7 wireless?
I actually like the P5, but my only issues are:
* They have a lot of sound leakage. IMHO too much for a closed can.
* I have to put them exactly on my ears, otherwise the sound changes. Did not have that problem with larger headphones.

Are the P7 better on these 2 issues? How does the sound differ?

I had the P5 Wireless until recently and now have the P7 Wireless.

My problem with the P5 Wireless was that the sound was a little too bloomy in the bass / thick, and the clamping hurt my ears given that they are on ears.

I have neither of those problems with the P7 wireless nor have I found the sound to depend on placement, but that’s largely in my view because as over ears they don’t shift around as easily as on ears as the P5.

Oct 10, 2019 at 10:19 AM Post #1,735 of 1,955
Anyone know if I can find replacement pads cheaper somewhere? I think over 70€ for a pair here in Sweden is a little much..

These https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/B-W-Bowe...ds-for-P7-P7-Wireless-Headphones/113823920789 are listed for £44.00 so about €49, not sure how much it would cost to your door, shipping is listed as £4.99 but I'd reckon that's for inside the UK.

Screenshot 2019-10-10 09.18.46.png

Oct 10, 2019 at 10:43 AM Post #1,736 of 1,955
Oct 20, 2019 at 6:45 AM Post #1,737 of 1,955
Do you guys think its worth buying these brand new? I am currently in Shanghai on business and just saw these available at the B&W retail store brand new for 250 usd. I used to have these and sold them when the 1000xm2s came out and now i have the 1000xm3 which i use mostly for flights. I miss the sound of the P7W and since these are discontinued do you guys think it is worth it? The PX7 don't sound nearly as good as the P7W so they aren't an option. the 14 hours of battery aren't great but i will be mostly using them for walking around town and at home. thanks

Oct 20, 2019 at 7:10 AM Post #1,738 of 1,955
Do you guys think its worth buying these brand new? I am currently in Shanghai on business and just saw these available at the B&W retail store brand new for 250 usd. I used to have these and sold them when the 1000xm2s came out and now i have the 1000xm3 which i use mostly for flights. I miss the sound of the P7W and since these are discontinued do you guys think it is worth it? The PX7 don't sound nearly as good as the P7W so they aren't an option. the 14 hours of battery aren't great but i will be mostly using them for walking around town and at home. thanks
This is exactly my question as well?is the P7W a worthy purchase now for $350 AUD brand new? Beside the sound, the technology is a bit aged now and I’m afraid of the battery lifetime as well. I was really hopping that the PX7 was going to be a worthy successor but you are said that they didn’t sound good? There are very limited reviews of the P7X on YouTube but the guy put it on top of all the other headphones! What was your expressive with them?

Oct 20, 2019 at 10:04 AM Post #1,740 of 1,955
@FightingRepublic P7's are well worth it; $250 USD new is an OK deal, I picked them up from Amazon last month when everyone was talking about the $130 B&W re certified sets and find them a favorite set wired. Not a fan of wireless, but for flights the wireless especially NC units like Sony or Sennheiser offer would be welcomed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back