Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread
Apr 18, 2019 at 3:58 PM Post #1,651 of 1,955
Yes exactly as you described! And as you said, it's Apple, not B&W. I've read similar reports from Spotify and Bose users.

However, I tried a different app called Tiny Player and pausing playback on it works as normal. So I'm curious if it's an app implementation.

I've emailed the developers of Swinsian and Tiny Player, hope they write back with some insights.

Apr 24, 2019 at 5:32 AM Post #1,652 of 1,955
Is there anything that sounds similar to the P7s and are loud. I had to sell my P7 wireless a while ago but would like a pair again but of course none can be found brand new and I'm weary of buying wireless headphones second hand, no idea about condition of the battery etc.

On top of that, I enjoyed how loud they could get (a lot of music I listen to is low in volume and needs the extra power). I tried the Sony 1000XM3 but they were quieter than the P7s so that's a no go.

Apr 24, 2019 at 8:35 AM Post #1,654 of 1,955
Is there anything that sounds similar to the P7s and are loud. I had to sell my P7 wireless a while ago but would like a pair again but of course none can be found brand new and I'm weary of buying wireless headphones second hand, no idea about condition of the battery etc.

On top of that, I enjoyed how loud they could get (a lot of music I listen to is low in volume and needs the extra power). I tried the Sony 1000XM3 but they were quieter than the P7s so that's a no go.

I just got a pair recently, not brand new but in like-new condition. All you have to do is look on ebay, head-fi, and reddit. There are definitely new pairs on ebay if you're willing to pay.

Last edited:
May 23, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #1,655 of 1,955
Just wondering if anyone has had trouble switching on their P7s from time to time? If mine haven’t been used for a few days, I seem to have difficulty getting them to turn on, needing a fair few attempts before they finally come to life.

May 23, 2019 at 3:18 PM Post #1,656 of 1,955
Just wondering if anyone has had trouble switching on their P7s from time to time? If mine haven’t been used for a few days, I seem to have difficulty getting them to turn on, needing a fair few attempts before they finally come to life.

I noticed that with mine when I first got them. That slide switch doesn't seem to work well with just using the skin on my finger or thumb to move it. Using a fingernail or thumbnail to move the switch fully works every time in my case.

May 23, 2019 at 3:20 PM Post #1,657 of 1,955
I noticed that with mine when I first got them. That slide switch doesn't seem to work well with just using the skin on my finger or thumb to move it. Using a fingernail or thumbnail to move the switch fully works every time in my case.

Thanks for the reply. Interesting you said that... I couldn’t get mine to turn on using my right hand so I tried with my left and they came on straight away. Very weird!

May 23, 2019 at 4:03 PM Post #1,658 of 1,955

I do the same because that button also depresses. More often than not, I'm accidentally pressing down on it when I use my thumb.

May 28, 2019 at 1:12 PM Post #1,661 of 1,955
I still can't find a pair of headphones that I like as much as these. Bought a pair of AKG N90Q with a much higher mrsp(1500$) but the P7 do sound better to my taste. So now I got two pairs of P7 in case of emergency and a pair of dustcollecting N90Q. :) In orders of SQ, the N90Q is obviously a step-up but having two yougsters at home they do not get their time at all and on the go the P7 is easier and have a little more fun signature.

Last edited:
May 28, 2019 at 2:16 PM Post #1,662 of 1,955
I still can't find a pair of headphones that I like as much as these. Bought a pair of AKG N90Q with a much higher mrsp(1500$) but the P7 do sound better to my taste. So now I got two pairs of P7 in case of emergency and a pair of dustcollecting N90Q. :)
To this day the P7W's are still my favorite wireless headset

May 28, 2019 at 2:29 PM Post #1,665 of 1,955
I agree the P7Ws are excellent. For me, they are a lot more enjoyable to listen to than my wired DT990 Premium. Maybe not in strictly ‘hifi’ terms and its hard to beat that Beyer comfort, but in terms of just being really really fun to listen to they are hard to beat.

So much so I’m now looking at a wired open headphone not too hard to drive to replace the 990s and compliment the P7s. I’m thinking HD58X at the moment. Then again, I could just use the wire on the P7s!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back