Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread
Dec 4, 2017 at 1:15 AM Post #1,532 of 1,955
How did you get half off on Amazon? All the warehouse deals are only $50-100 off MSRP....maybe you lucked out and got the pair I returned a few weeks ago because I couldn't justify the $400 haha.

Warehouse deal from Amazon UK with 20% off during cyber monday. Payed 215£. Not exactly 50% off but good enough if they become extinct.

Feb 2, 2018 at 10:48 PM Post #1,533 of 1,955
I feel a little alone here..... I owned the P7W and loved it. I am always moving my gear around and buying and selling to try to find the perfect “all in one portable.” I’ve tried many sets in this price range including the following: Momentum wireless, momentum 2, beats studio 2, the B&W P7W, B&W PX, Oppo pm-3, Plantronics backbeat sense, Beyerdynamic T51i, beyerdynamic DT770 80 ohm, master dynamic mh40, bang and olufsen wireless not noise canceling...can’t remeber the model, the Bose always gave me headaches from pressure of the NC, and the 1000xm2. can’t think of the rest....there’s been more.

My favorites on sound qaulity alone are the B&W P7W, and the Beyerdynamic DT770 80ohm. I wish beyer would make a wireless version of the dt 770. I think that would fit my perfect idea of a headphone.

One thing I always do to make sure my headphones are accurate is to watch movies on them. If a door shutting doesn’t sound like a door shutting then they are junk to me. It’s easier to forgive a headphone when listening to music, but when I’m watching movies if voices or sound effects are off then I can easily separate the good from the bad.

For now the B&W P7W are my idea of the best wireless headphone available...

Feb 2, 2018 at 11:36 PM Post #1,534 of 1,955
I feel a little alone here..... I owned the P7W and loved it. I am always moving my gear around and buying and selling to try to find the perfect “all in one portable.” I’ve tried many sets in this price range including the following: Momentum wireless, momentum 2, beats studio 2, the B&W P7W, B&W PX, Oppo pm-3, Plantronics backbeat sense, Beyerdynamic T51i, beyerdynamic DT770 80 ohm, master dynamic mh40, bang and olufsen wireless not noise canceling...can’t remember the model, the Bose always gave me headaches from pressure of the NC, and the 1000xm2. can’t think of the rest....there’s been more.

My favorites on sound quality alone are the B&W P7W, and the Beyerdynamic DT770 80ohm. I wish beyer would make a wireless version of the dt 770. I think that would fit my perfect idea of a headphone.

One thing I always do to make sure my headphones are accurate is to watch movies on them. If a door shutting doesn’t sound like a door shutting then they are junk to me. It’s easier to forgive a headphone when listening to music, but when I’m watching movies if voices or sound effects are off then I can easily separate the good from the bad.

For now the B&W P7W are my idea of the best wireless headphone available...
Yep, I've sold my B&O H9's and my Audio-Tecnica DSR9BT's in favor of the B&W P7W's. My P7W's are not going anywhere.

Feb 3, 2018 at 1:55 AM Post #1,536 of 1,955
Redogfizbal - you’re not alone. The P7W are the best wireless headphones I’ve tried. I sold my PX as their software gave me problems and I think the P7W’s build feel more solid. So I regretted selling them and are looking to buy a new pair.

Feb 11, 2018 at 11:47 PM Post #1,537 of 1,955
I bought a new pair of P7 Wireless in September and am even more pleased with them today. They are great for using at my job and while taking walks. I try to use them wired unless I have to move around a lot at work. I recently bought a pair of Beyerdynamic Amiron Homes for at home use. Like the P7W they are great across genres but have a better soundstage and detail. I was able to compare the P7W with PX and returned the PXs. I was able to compare the BAH with MrSpeakers AFO and returned the AFO.

Feb 12, 2018 at 5:01 AM Post #1,538 of 1,955
Yep, I've sold my B&O H9's and my Audio-Tecnica DSR9BT's in favor of the B&W P7W's. My P7W's are not going anywhere.

I expected alot more from the B&O H9. The ANC is so poor, that it is no competition to the Bose QC35 II.

And if ANC is not important, I saw no reason to buy it since I also have the B&W P7W.

Feb 15, 2018 at 11:11 AM Post #1,539 of 1,955
God how I have missed the P7 wireless. Found a new set at the danish distributor Hifi-Klubben and just got them today. World class wireless headphones. They just sound better then anything I have heard wireless. Blows my new Beoplay H8i + H9i out of the water even though they are not bad headphones. Just different and to my ears not as clear, powerful and with the right amount of bass. I regretted I sold them for half the price when the PX was introduced but now I finally got them again and these are staying :)

Feb 18, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #1,540 of 1,955
For anyone who thinks the bass is overblown and encroaches onto the mids, which are recessed, make use of Sonarworks' TrueFi app. It's available for desktop and mobile. It REALLY opens my eyes to how flawed this headphone is, especially in wireless mode.

Feb 18, 2018 at 5:21 PM Post #1,541 of 1,955
For anyone who thinks the bass is overblown and encroaches onto the mids, which are recessed, make use of Sonarworks' TrueFi app. It's available for desktop and mobile. It REALLY opens my eyes to how flawed this headphone is, especially in wireless mode.
Well, flawed is a very subjective assessment as it is ultimately a personal preference. I get that you might prefer the changes made by applying the Sonarworks adjustments, but that in and of itself doesn't establish the stock signature as flawed, just different. Now to your ears the stock signature is flawed, that is fine to say, but beyond that we can't pronounce the stock signature as flawed. I get the notion that getting a response curve to perfectly flat should result in a headphone that neither adds or takes away from the sound, but even in such a case, we still can't call any deviation flawed, just different as certainly some people will prefer what we might not like. Regardless of numbers or anything, music and the final reproduction of it happens inside the hearing brain and they are all different and the reality experienced can not be judged by comparing one persons perception to another. There are always people who enjoy things that greatly deviate from the majority. Are those people flawed, or do they just respond to something differently? I tend to favour the later interpretation and that returns me to my point, even stock, for some the P7W will sound fantastic, and perhaps even more enjoyable than the Sonarworks adjusted version.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2018 at 9:22 PM Post #1,542 of 1,955
Well, flawed is a very subjective assessment as it is ultimately a personal preference. I get that you might prefer the changes made by applying the Sonarworks adjustments, but that in and of itself doesn't establish the stock signature as flawed, just different. Now to your ears the stock signature is flawed, that is fine to say, but beyond that we can't pronounce the stock signature as flawed. I get the notion that getting a response curve to perfectly flat should result in a headphone that neither adds or takes away from the sound, but even in such a case, we still can't call any deviation flawed, just different as certainly some people will prefer what we might not like. Regardless of numbers or anything, music and the final reproduction of it happens inside the hearing brain and they are all different and the reality experienced can not be judged by comparing one persons perception to another. There are always people who enjoy things that greatly deviate from the majority. Are those people flawed, or do they just respond to something differently? I tend to favour the later interpretation and that returns me to my point, even stock, for some the P7W will sound fantastic, and perhaps even more enjoyable than the Sonarworks adjusted version.
Please note the "for anyone who thinks", and "it really opened up my eyes" in my post. Thought this would've made it clear it was a subjective opinion.

Feb 18, 2018 at 9:51 PM Post #1,543 of 1,955
"...to how flawed this headphone is, especially in wireless mode"

@dcfac73 sorry mate, I wasn't trying to put you on the defensive. It really wasn't as clear that you meant in your opinion only as the above part of your quote was very clear. I'm sorry if I misunderstood the intent behind your post. If you had said to my ears, the P7W is flawed and that was really obvious after the Sonarworks adjustment .... or something like that it would have been more clear. Anyway, it is all good, this is after all a community of enthusiasts and we don't have to write logically perfect posts so again, sorry if I made you feel that you needed to defend yourself from an attack.

Feb 19, 2018 at 12:36 AM Post #1,544 of 1,955
"...to how flawed this headphone is, especially in wireless mode"

@dcfac73 sorry mate, I wasn't trying to put you on the defensive. It really wasn't as clear that you meant in your opinion only as the above part of your quote was very clear. I'm sorry if I misunderstood the intent behind your post. If you had said to my ears, the P7W is flawed and that was really obvious after the Sonarworks adjustment .... or something like that it would have been more clear. Anyway, it is all good, this is after all a community of enthusiasts and we don't have to write logically perfect posts so again, sorry if I made you feel that you needed to defend yourself from an attack.
Hey No worries man. The P7 Wireless is actually very good and fun in wired mode. I'm just not very happy with the sound in wireless mode. One thing I think the Sonarworks app shows is how much tuning plays a role in a headphone's sound quality. Even low budget cans can sound very good when put through the dsp process. To me, the better quality drivers in the P7 have the potential to sound closer to neutral, and much better to my ears.

Feb 19, 2018 at 8:00 AM Post #1,545 of 1,955
I can think of a hundred ways to describe the P7 Wireless.
"Flawed" isn't anywhere near that list.

:wink:

BTW, is that True-FI app available for iOS?
I used to use Canopener, which was great but the developers abandoned it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back