Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread
Nov 28, 2016 at 1:44 PM Post #406 of 1,955
1) It doesn't seem to recognize when I'm speaking with someone on Skype... it keeps disconnecting after a while. I believe it happens if I don't touch any command for a certain period of time... is this just the way it is?

2) Do I have to go to iPhone's (edit: using an iPhone 7 Plus, GSM version) bluetooth settings and click on "connect" every single time I want to start using the headphones? Why doesn't it recognize it automatically when I turn the headphones on? Quite annoying... It seems I have to do it after a certain period of inactivity even if I don't turn the headphone off...

3) I've tried to use the wire mode just to check how it works and I believe the right side was significantly louder... anyone had this problem? It does not happen in wireless mode. Not sure if I am not attaching it as I should, I find the design for this attachment tricky and weird.

Any thoughts on the above? Thanks in advance!

3) I had the same issue, turned out that I didn't inserted the 2,5mm jack all the way. Release and plugin again and check if this solved your issue.

Nov 28, 2016 at 4:37 PM Post #407 of 1,955
For me, the controls seem to work with no troubles.  Was going to add that 3 quick clicks will bring you back.  One nice added touch (I thought so at least)..was that when you pause and resume...the music will do a quick FADE out and FADE back.  Nice little design touch.  I haven't used the P7 wired ( and probably won't as that is not my intention for them).

Bern

Good to know about the 3 click option,
Thanks.

It seems strange when you do run a cable from the p7 wireless, (especially once used to being cable free) it's great to be wireless, having a cable plug option as well, could be great, when this technology is to old to be used.

Nov 28, 2016 at 4:43 PM Post #408 of 1,955
Good to know about the 3 click option,
Thanks.

It seems strange when you do run a cable from the p7 wireless, (especially once used to being cable free) it's great to be wireless, having a cable plug option as well, could be great, when this technology is to old to be used.

Or if the battery is dead.

Nov 28, 2016 at 7:02 PM Post #410 of 1,955
I'm going to chime in my with my non-audiophile two cents on these.  In the past month, I have owned QC35, QC30 and Hear.On Wireless (admittedly not the MDR-1000x) and I can safely say that these things blow all of those away.  The best way for me to describe the difference is the P7 seems significantly more alive than the others.  I would urge anyone who is on the fence to pull the trigger on these bad boys.  They are amazing.  I am listening to Metallica's new album right now and am blown away.

Nov 29, 2016 at 11:12 PM Post #411 of 1,955
Or if the battery is dead.

While you make a good point, I just have to say the battery on these is amazing. I use them every day... some days for quite awhile, and the battery level rarely drops perceptibly. They either have a monster battery, or they just sip power.

Another thing to love.

Nov 29, 2016 at 11:22 PM Post #412 of 1,955
While you make a good point, I just have to say the battery on these is amazing. I use them every day... some days for quite awhile, and the battery level rarely drops perceptibly. They either have a monster battery, or they just sip power.

Another thing to love.

I more mean that as comparing a Bluetooth headphone to a wired only headphone. A BT headphone can conceivably lose one of it's primary abilities once the internal battery dies. That may be of interest 3 years down the road, so if somebody likes to keep their headphones for long, or somebody is considering buying a 3 year old used Bluetooth headphone, the battery is important. Ultimately that depends on the user, but I don't really like the idea that a device can be less useful a predictable number of years down the road simply due to a sealed battery design. I personally think any expensive BT headphone should have a replaceable battery and I would be willing to pay $50 more for the feature on something as good as the P7.

Nov 30, 2016 at 1:44 AM Post #413 of 1,955
   I personally think any expensive BT headphone should have a replaceable battery and I would be willing to pay $50 more for the feature on something as good as the P7.

I agree with you - this is the same problem with most mobile devices these days - phones/tablets etc. No longer do they have replaceable batteries but at least you can get the battery replaced by the service centre if you think it's still worth it...
Perhaps this might also be the case for BT headphones?

At least the P7's will still work just as well, perhaps even better via a cord, long after the battery/electronics have died...

Dec 1, 2016 at 2:46 PM Post #414 of 1,955
Anyone have an issue with the P7 no longer making chimes when it turns on or pairs/unpairs with devices? I'd very much like my audio feedback back and I can't seem to find anything about it in the manual.

Force reboot the headphones (reboot button under the right ear cup) and that didn't do it either.

Obviously not THAT big a deal, but it's a nice little convenience.

Dec 5, 2016 at 4:18 AM Post #418 of 1,955
  Hey guys,

I sold my Sony MDR-1000x since I don't like its flat bass response. I tested Bose QC35 and was impressed by its punchy and strong bass but its high sounds a little muddy for me. Not  I'm now close for a P7 Wireless purchase. From what I read from lots of sources, people agrees that P7 Wireless is not a flat. But what make me confused is, some says it's bass heavy / dark while some says it's bright (innerfidelity says its P7 cabled version have world class highs) Which one is true?

I bought P7 Wireless a few days ago. I'm really happy with it. As most of P7 Wireless owners states, I feel that these headphones sounds great and musical, make you wanna dance, like pumping energy through my ears. Bass is tight and punchy highs are clear and crisp. Nice sound signature! I needed deep EQ  settings and Viper for Android for a better sound with MDR-1000X, but P7 wireless gives much much better sound quality without any of them. I like the build quality and it looks very classy on the head. Most criticisms focused on the button quality, but I like buttons too. I believe buttons on P7 wireless are much better/solid than Bose's. I thought touch control on MDR-1000X was good initially, but after lots of accidental clicks while wearing them on/off, I gave up with touch control idea, buttons are much better for headphones. I'll miss great ANC of MDR-1000X, but my choice is definitely better sound quality.

I didn't like soft carrying case of P7 wireless, a hard protective case would be better. Does anyone using any hard case for P7 wireless with nice fit that fixes headphone in it (so it does not move inside) ? I'm open for suggestions.

Dec 5, 2016 at 4:27 AM Post #419 of 1,955
The only hard case I was able to find was this

https://www.amazon.com/REYTID-Carry-Bowers-Wilkins-Headphones/dp/B01AIEFWRS

It just arrived and I am on the fence about it. It is a very tight and close fit. Not sure it is a keeper however it might be the only choice out there

Dec 5, 2016 at 4:37 AM Post #420 of 1,955

I bought P7 Wireless for a few days ago. I'm really happy with it. As most of P7 Wireless owners states, I feel that these headphones sounds great and musical, make you wanna dance, like pumping energy through my ears. Bass is tight and punchy highs are clear and crisp. Nice sound signature! I needed deep EQ  settings and Viper for Android for a better sound with MDR-1000X, but P7 wireless gives much much better sound quality without any of them. I like the build quality and it looks very classy on the head. Most criticisms focused on the button quality, but I like buttons too. I believe buttons on P7 wireless are much better/solid than Bose's. I thought touch control on MDR-1000X was good initially, but after lots of accidental clicks while wearing them on/off, I gave up with touch control idea, buttons are much better for headphones. I'll miss great ANC of MDR-1000X, but my choice is definitely better sound quality.

I didn't like soft carrying case of P7 wireless, a hard protective case would be better. Does anyone using any hard case for P7 wireless with nice fit that fixes headphone in it (so it does not move inside) ? I'm open for suggestions.

I use this case for my P7W's. It's a bit tight, and the headphones need a bit of flexing to get in, but this is explained on the very helpful YouTube video from its manufacturer, 'Accessory House Global'. They don't move in the case, and provide superb protection IMO.

I have the same case for sale (used) at Amazon that I used for my P7's when I had them, so if you bought if from me via Amazon.co.uk, you'd save on the new price :wink:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008RXO0QM/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back