Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread
Nov 8, 2016 at 7:03 AM Post #246 of 1,955
If they haven't fixed the melting glue problem in the p7 wireless. (I have already returned a mint wired p7 with sticky glue bleeding through the dampening felt), this will be my last b&w headphone.

Nov 8, 2016 at 7:27 AM Post #247 of 1,955
If they haven't fixed the melting glue problem in the p7 wireless. (I have already returned a mint wired p7 with sticky glue bleeding through the dampening felt), this will be my last b&w headphone.

eek.gif

Do these have individual SN#s and if so, what SN# did your "mint" P7 have? I'm trying to ascertain the age of them. It's always hard to tell if a product that's been on the market for a while - has just been delivered to the dealer or if it's been sitting on the shelf for 10mths...
confused_face.gif

Nov 8, 2016 at 8:11 AM Post #248 of 1,955
:eek:

Do these have individual SN#s and if so, what SN# did your "mint" P7 have? I'm trying to ascertain the age of them. It's always hard to tell if a product that's been on the market for a while - has just been delivered to the dealer or if it's been sitting on the shelf for 10mths... :confused_face:  

It was from 2.5 years ago, when the boxes they came in are black in colour, I didn't take note of the serial number unfortunately. There are other people with this fault that might be able to assist?

As long as the glue has been changed in newer versions, like the p7 wireless, all should be fine. I'm sure b&w do not want this to happen to flagships of the day. And will rectify this fault.

There such a well finished headphone, with the softest leather I have had against my skin, the clamping pressure seems to calm down after a couple of weeks of use, as well.

I really want these to stay in great condition, they really are luxury, wireless headphones.

Nov 8, 2016 at 8:13 AM Post #249 of 1,955
It was from 2.5 years ago, when the boxes they came in where black, I didn't take note of the serial number unfortunately. There are other people with this fault that might be able to assist?
As long as the glue has been changed in newer versions, like the p7 wireless, all should be fine.

There such a well finished headphone with the softest, and supple leather, I have had against my skin, the clamping pressure seems to calm down after a couple of weeks of use as well.

I really want these to stay in great condition, they really are luxury, wireless headphones.

What about the headband pressure?

Nov 8, 2016 at 8:20 AM Post #250 of 1,955
What about the headband pressure?

Extend the headband, so that the clamping force is nearly holding the earphones in place,

also put the headband on a slight angle towards the back of your head, the band should only slightly press against your head, while the clamping force holds the headphones in place,

I find this very comfortable, and can use them for hours at a time this way.

Nov 8, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #251 of 1,955
I wonder about the reported operating temperature range. I will seek further clarification as here in Canada we get rather low temperature drops in the winter so -25 Celsius is not at all uncommon in the dead of winter. My biggest concern is going from walking and waiting for the bus in frigid temperatures to suddenly getting on a bus which is very warm. I wonder if the temperature shift is an issue. I think the biggest risk would be condensation forming inside the cups so I will likely make sure to not wear them outside during the cold and wear them on the bus after a few minutes of warming up before putting them on.

Nov 8, 2016 at 1:16 PM Post #252 of 1,955
... I'm trying to ascertain the age of them... 

It was from 2.5 years ago, when the boxes they came in are black in colour ... I really want these to stay in great condition, they really are luxury, wireless headphones.

Ah. Well I certainly would hope a reputable and established firm like B&W would quickly resolve such issues! 2.5 years... at least one generation ago, yes
wink.gif

Re the P7Ws - I take it you just got yours... so I will cross my fingers! Perhaps @Graham Baker will be (one of) the first to report back as Summer approached his neck of the woods. Shrimp on the Barbi time
biggrin.gif

Nov 9, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #254 of 1,955
Was hoping that the p7 would manage cold temperatures.But not sure if its worth the chance taking them outside.
frown.gif

I would take such concern with a grain of salt. First off, all headphones are essentially the same so it isn't a specific concern with the P7, it is the same consideration for all headphones worn outside in the cold. For the record I have used several headphones outside in the winter here with no issues, but it does seem prudent to at least keep things in mind.

Nov 9, 2016 at 5:19 PM Post #255 of 1,955
Ah. Well I certainly would hope a reputable and established firm like B&W would quickly resolve such issues! 2.5 years... at least one generation ago, yes :wink:
Re the P7Ws - I take it you just got yours... so I will cross my fingers! Perhaps @Graham Baker
will be (one of) the first to report back as Summer approached his neck of the woods. Shrimp on the Barbi time :D

Had the wireless p7 for a few weeks now and have been very happy I made the transition to wireless,

I am also using an LG 1100 wireless headset as a daily driver, which goes around your neck and has pull out IEM's sounds like p7's, once you turn bass boost on, even has aptxHD capabilities, really love these as well.

Wireless Bluetooth technology will soon be standard for everything that once had a cable, it's kind of a pity b&w didn't take a similar approach to this technology, and allowed a better standbys, and the ability to use the Bluetooth with your mobile phone, as a device that remains connected in standby, ready to take calls.
At the same time, I appreciate it's a musical device, and not a business tool. I feel an option to keep the p7 on for longer than 5 minutes, would have been appreciated by some.
I still pull the p7'out in the evenings, what a nice headphone, it feels like a padded soft luxury lounge to touch.
It feels strange putting them on, and it takes time to get used to walking off, without having a DAP tethered.

The plastic parts haven't really changed the luxury feel, although the current plastic buttons, could have been alloy, for a nicer touch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back