Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread
Nov 21, 2016 at 9:47 PM Post #346 of 1,955
  Yeah, the best wireless cans by far, IMO. My MDR-1ABT's are now history, thanks to these.

and the most important bit? They get my feet tapping every single time 
gs1000.gif

Same here....the MDR-1abt's will be for the treadmill or get sold/given away.  Agree with the foot tapping part as well!  I think the Sony's are more comfortable...but they miss in the "emotional connection" realm.  Time is too short to not enjoy what your listening to.  I vacuum at church and quite often play Petra's ..Praise: The Rock Cries Out  (a very unique praise cd)...anyway...it just jumped when using the P7's.  

Bern

Nov 21, 2016 at 11:50 PM Post #347 of 1,955
Man, and I thought me listening to them at 2 click up from 0 was some of the  lowest settings people use. 

but anyway

I caved and bought the headphone from amazon

You guys are right, these do sound amazing for a wireless headset. Though... it's as I originally feared.. too much lower bass for my liking. 

Though it was fixed with a quick graduate 3db reduction to the 50 hz frequence...

Nov 22, 2016 at 4:35 AM Post #348 of 1,955
Just wondering if anyone have compared the h7 with p7 wireless and the pm-3, tying to decide between these three...

I currently have a pair of SE535, and used to own a pair of v moda m 100, and decided to sell it as I didn't particular like the sound, thought the vmoda always sounded like it is being covered, sorta like a cloth covering the speaker (sorry i m noob and no good at describing it with proper terms) :/

Nov 22, 2016 at 5:37 AM Post #349 of 1,955
  Same here....the MDR-1abt's will be for the treadmill or get sold/given away.  Agree with the foot tapping part as well!  I think the Sony's are more comfortable...but they miss in the "emotional connection" realm.  Time is too short to not enjoy what your listening to.  I vacuum at church and quite often play Petra's ..Praise: The Rock Cries Out  (a very unique praise cd)...anyway...it just jumped when using the P7's.  

Bern

Yeah, life IS too short to enjoy yourself 
L3000.gif

I agree that the 1ABT's are (probably) the comfiest portable headphones I have ever worn, but the P7W's aren't uncomfortable, just more 'rigid' in their fit/feel. It's just a shame that the Sony's don't 'connect' (with me, at least) in the same way the B&W's do.

Nov 22, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #350 of 1,955
Just wondering if anyone have compared the h7 with p7 wireless and the pm-3, tying to decide between these three...

I currently have a pair of SE535, and used to own a pair of v moda m 100, and decided to sell it as I didn't particular like the sound, thought the vmoda always sounded like it is being covered, sorta like a cloth covering the speaker (sorry i m noob and no good at describing it with proper terms) :/

I owned the PM3 and H7, and now the P7. They are all excellent choices without a doubt. What are your main concerns/needs/wants?

Nov 22, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #351 of 1,955
I guess my biggest concern for the p7 and h7 would be that they run on battery? Just always feel like rechargeable batteries don't really have a long life expactancy?

And do u mind sharing your thoughts of the each of them? From I read so far they each have their relative strength and weaknesses, and it seems to be more of a personal preference and taste rather than one is better than other.

I guess for me I will most likely wearing them out? Either directly from the phone or with a mobile amp? And comfort is definitely a main criteria for me, as I would love to wear them on a 4 hours train ride or like an 11 hours flight :p

Nov 22, 2016 at 11:40 AM Post #352 of 1,955
After quite a few hours with the P7 (wireless), I have to admit, I really like it.
It has a very lively and engaging sound, and comfort is very good as well.
This is most definitely a keeper.

Nov 22, 2016 at 11:47 AM Post #353 of 1,955
I guess my biggest concern for the p7 and h7 would be that they run on battery? Just always feel like rechargeable batteries don't really have a long life expactancy?

And do u mind sharing your thoughts of the each of them? From I read so far they each have their relative strength and weaknesses, and it seems to be more of a personal preference and taste rather than one is better than other.

I guess for me I will most likely wearing them out? Either directly from the phone or with a mobile amp? And comfort is definitely a main criteria for me, as I would love to wear them on a 4 hours train ride or like an 11 hours flight
tongue.gif

Comfort and battery go to the H7, the H7 features a removable battery so it can be replaced which is a great feature. The H7 doesn't have as much power so if you like loud playback volume, which I do, or if you have quieter mastered material the H7 may not get quite loud enough. The H7 was always on full volume for me, and with modern material it was just about right, but older or quieter music the volume level lacked a little bit.

The H7 sounds extremely good, but I do prefer the P7, but not by a wide margin. Going by memory now as I sold my H7 about 2 months ago now, the P7 has better layering, separation, and imaging and the resultant soundstage is better. The H7 was no slouch in either of these regards, but the P7 does best in almost across all domains of sounds. I think despite the bass being more prominent on the P7, I still feel it may be a little tighter and impactful than the H7. Again, the H7 is a fantastic sounding headphone, premium build, premium comfort so I don't want to downplay how good it is. Yes the P7 is better sounding, and the P7 can get quite loud and still sound very good, but comfort does go to the H7 and as I mentioned, the removable battery is pretty awesome so keep that in mind.

Nov 22, 2016 at 12:13 PM Post #356 of 1,955
I owned the PM3 and H7, and now the P7. They are all excellent choices without a doubt. What are your main concerns/needs/wants?

I tried the PM3s while auditioning my Beyerdynamic T5p.2s and I found the PM3s to be too "closed in" (for an open-can user like myself). In terms of "air" and soundstage, which one (PM3 vs. P7) would you say is more open?

T4S
beerchug.gif

Nov 22, 2016 at 6:23 PM Post #359 of 1,955
  anyone  compared these with Audeze EL-8 Titanium closed back, specifically looking for comparison of Treble extension and details. Thanks

I haven't myself, and while on paper it looks like an unfair fight, I'll bet the P7 easily holds it's own against the EL-8, but I'm just speculating. I would also find the comparison interesting.

Nov 22, 2016 at 11:39 PM Post #360 of 1,955

How many times can the battery be recharged on the P7 Wireless?

What happens when the battery can't be recharged anymore?

For people that have tried both the P7 Wired and the P7 Wireless, how would you compare the sound?

(I got the P7 2 years ago, not looking to get another headphone, but am just curious about this new model).

The P7 wireless is widely considered to sound better than the wired. The battery dying would require you replace it yourself somehow, or just use the headphone wired. The battery cycle counts are usually quite generous and likely we bore or sell the headphone long before that happens, but it is always a consideration. That was one big plus with the Beoplay H7, removable battery.

Thanks for the response.

Why does the P7 wireless sound better than the P7 wired?  Was something done differently?

When using the P7 wireless, does it sound the same whether using wireless or wired mode?

Thanks for the info on the Beoplay H7.

I'm the type of person that once I have something, and I like the functionality, I don't look for something else unless it breaks.  I had the same set of headphones for 14 years before the headband cracked.  I then bought a different headphone, and only got something else 4.5 years later when the cable shorted and I couldn't hear vocals anymore (and it wasn't a headphone with a replaceable cable).  I had the same computer speakers for 16 years and only got something else once the subwoofer started rattling.  When I do get something else, I do spend time researching (like probably a lot of people on here) and will ask others' opinions too.  I went on a four year run with the same cell phone.

For me, by the time I'd be in position to sell something, it wouldn't be worth much because of how old it is.  

Maybe some of the reason I don't get new things as quickly is because it takes weeks or months of research before I decide what to get, and I might try and compare a few products before I decide which one.  I don't want to go through that too often.  Or maybe it's also because I just like what I have, and want to focus my attention on other things.

Do you have any idea what the battery cycle count might be for the P7?  If not, I'll probably email Bowers & Wilkins and ask.  I'm just curious how it compares.  I'd probably then do the same for the Beoplay H7, to compare with it.

Found this for the Beoplay H7 battery:

http://bogo.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14661

400 charges if drained completely, to a few thousand charges if partially discharged and then recharged fully.

I got a response from Bowers and Wilkins about their battery.

Here's the response:

+++++++++++++

Thank you for your email regarding the Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless.

The P7 Wireless Headphones are designed to last 300 full charge cycles. If there was a problem with the battery within the 2-year warranty we could replace them for you!

Kind regards,

Joseph H.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back