Bowers & Wilkins P7 vs. HD650
Jan 10, 2018 at 11:36 AM Post #2 of 6
Apples and oranges in my opinion... but:

P7 is better for outdoors/portable headphone and bass oriented music, like electronic. No serious amping needed for great results.
HD650 is better for indoor use and long listening sessions. Needs somewhat serious amping for best results.

Jan 10, 2018 at 6:59 PM Post #3 of 6
As pointed out, the P7 is the better portable option and is also probably superior for electronica. HD650 has a superior-quality soundstage (though it is not necessarily the largest stage)and better imaging, IMO. I like it for jazz and classical, personally. The HD650 also scales better than the P7, IMO. Give it outstanding amplification and it will really shine. The two headphones really excel at different things (as pointed out). Both are very good headphones, as far as I am concerned. Really just depends on what you are looking for.

Jan 10, 2018 at 10:05 PM Post #4 of 6
Opinions please... Which is better?

Depends on how you'd use them. If you'd use them outdoors then it's the P7. In a quiet room with a good amp and other equipment the HD650 is better for dedicated reference listening.

I'd go with the HD650 for reference listening at home and just use an IEM outdoors. Easier to carry around, blocks more noise, depending on which portable headphones you have to consider the IEMs might be easier to have the eartips swapped out than the earpads (much less the batteries on ANC and wireless headphones), etc.

Jan 11, 2018 at 7:58 AM Post #5 of 6
Depends on how you'd use them. If you'd use them outdoors then it's the P7. In a quiet room with a good amp and other equipment the HD650 is better for dedicated reference listening.

I'd go with the HD650 for reference listening at home and just use an IEM outdoors. Easier to carry around, blocks more noise, depending on which portable headphones you have to consider the IEMs might be easier to have the eartips swapped out than the earpads (much less the batteries on ANC and wireless headphones), etc.

For outdoor I have Klipsch x11i. And I already have small headphone amp (Schiit vali 2). I will use it only indoors. My source is Astell & Kern jr. DAP. So you think HD650's will be much better choice?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back