Bowers & Wilkins P7 vs - a comparison thread
Feb 13, 2017 at 9:41 PM Post #46 of 47
Greetings people!!!

I am looking to purchase my first over-ear cans and have converged to 3 pairs to choose. I would like to know your thoughts on them:
Sennheiser Momentum M2 wired
Bowers and Wilkins P7
Meze 99 Classics

I listen to all genres but tend to lean towards modern music also. I do own a Shure SE215 and love them and would like a my Over ears to be an upgrade to them.
My usage would be mostly indoors and connected to my iphone 6s plus or Alienware 15.
It would be great to know which of the cans would be amp friendly and change its sound accordingly. Cost is not an issue if the premium Im paying is worth the audio and build quality. (P.S.: my ears are on the larger side measuring around 7cm)

Mar 14, 2018 at 6:25 PM Post #47 of 47
So my daily driver for 2 years has been the P7. I love it and in that time I have periodically tried many others and returned them. I just got permission to get another pair of nice headphones, so I placed a big order. Friday I am receiving:

Denon MM400
Denon GC20
Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 Over Ear Wired
Bose QC25
Sony MDR1ABT

I have tried the Bose before and very nearly kept them. Others I have tried and have not kept include HP50, Sony MDR-V6 (for sale now), Momentum 1, Momentum on-ear and a few more that I can't remember right now. The only others I have an use on any kind of regular basis are Beats Studio Wireless and Senn HD650's.

I will be back with more of my background and feelings on all of these once they arrive.

Edit: I caved and ordered the MDR1ABT's.
I did the same, the Sony blew the BW away in shear HF extension.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back