Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones
Feb 8, 2015 at 2:04 AM Post #1,291 of 1,506
I can't imagine that it would be good for it, but I don't know if it would affect the sound. 
I'd certainly contact B&W's Service department. Good luck!

Feb 8, 2015 at 8:37 PM Post #1,294 of 1,506
I had another listen to the Audeze LCD-XC at a hifi shop using ALO
Audio Rx -Mk 2. It was still a very enjoyable sounding experience.  Unfortunately the assistant refused it to be connected to my portable amp iBasso, jds, or my laptop with audio engine d3!  ​
The P7 in the B & W showroom sounded very nice on my amps but this was at another shop that does not carry any Audeze.​

Feb 12, 2015 at 10:49 PM Post #1,297 of 1,506
Is it a noticeable step up from listening straight out of a computer for the magni modi setups?

I've started looking into desktop setups and I don't really want to start too expensive. Magni and modi are always reasonably recommended for low price points too.

Feb 26, 2015 at 7:36 PM Post #1,299 of 1,506
Anyone here who has owned both the V-Moda M100 and the P7 capable of sharing any impressions?

I've never owned the m100 but if it helps, I've auditioned it heaps prior to buying the p7. Owned the momentums over ear previously before and was not satisfied with the bass as it had rumble but doesn't go really deep plus feared the headband would get bent. M100 seemed almost the same with less rumble but the build quality is really excellent thus really considered it..but P7 has better and deeper bass plus overall clarity, scales better/well w amplification/volume and is more musical. M100 could be more linear though, but I don't really go for true linear.. Just play by ear :) build quality you get real leather instead of fake leather on the m100

Feb 27, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #1,300 of 1,506
I've never owned the m100 but if it helps, I've auditioned it heaps prior to buying the p7. Owned the momentums over ear previously before and was not satisfied with the bass as it had rumble but doesn't go really deep plus feared the headband would get bent. M100 seemed almost the same with less rumble but the build quality is really excellent thus really considered it..but P7 has better and deeper bass plus overall clarity, scales better/well w amplification/volume and is more musical. M100 could be more linear though, but I don't really go for true linear.. Just play by ear
smily_headphones1.gif
build quality you get real leather instead of fake leather on the m100

Hmm. I returned the Momentum Over Ear for the M100's because the M100's had far more bass in every way imaginable and it wasnt sloppy, muddy bass either. I had a chance to audition the P7's once about a year ago and I remember being impressed and noticing that they had some authority down low, not quite M100 quantity, but still impressive sound. I just wanted to see if I could get an opinion from someone who has had a lot of experience with both sets of cans.

Feb 28, 2015 at 3:08 PM Post #1,301 of 1,506
Anyone here who has owned both the V-Moda M100 and the P7 capable of sharing any impressions?

I own both, but gave my wife the M100s recently to rationalize picking up the X2s. I actually prefer the bass response of the M100s over that of the P7, but I feel P7s really outshine the M100s in all other areas. Among them, the one that really stands out to me is the soundstage. After spending time with the P7s, the M100s feel congested and make me perceive the mids to be More recessed than my liking. It all depends on what you are listening to and what you are using them for. If you have a particular question about them please let me know and I can give my thoughts.

Mar 1, 2015 at 3:36 PM Post #1,302 of 1,506
has anyone heard the new Schiit fulla usb dac/amp with the P7's?

:L3000:

Mar 2, 2015 at 12:40 AM Post #1,303 of 1,506
I own both, but gave my wife the M100s recently to rationalize picking up the X2s. I actually prefer the bass response of the M100s over that of the P7, but I feel P7s really outshine the M100s in all other areas. Among them, the one that really stands out to me is the soundstage. After spending time with the P7s, the M100s feel congested and make me perceive the mids to be More recessed than my liking. It all depends on what you are listening to and what you are using them for. If you have a particular question about them please let me know and I can give my thoughts.

do you mind comparing the X2 and P7 in all areas of sonic quality?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back