Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones
Mar 28, 2014 at 10:08 PM Post #991 of 1,506
I patiently await your learned criticism.   
L3000.gif

Mar 31, 2014 at 10:50 AM Post #992 of 1,506
I just received my p7 today, amazing soundstage, clear and clean sound  in details. upgraded from IE8+UE 6K.

Playback from my mac, I have E07K or MM1 as DAC/AMP , I wonder why MM1's internal DAC/AMP offer better SQ than E07k?

Mar 31, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #994 of 1,506
Mar 31, 2014 at 11:16 PM Post #996 of 1,506
Nice review!

Don't know exactly what it is about the P7's, but they've been my most used can's ever since I bought them a month or so ago. Funny thing is, I was sure that I'd give them a shot and would most likely return them since I've never been a huge fan of closed back headphones yet something about these just makes me very, very happy. Gotta love B&W's R&D and I have to think that the speaker-like driver with a surround has something to do with the wonderful (IMO) sound of these headphones. 

Mar 31, 2014 at 11:39 PM Post #997 of 1,506
  Nice review!

Don't know exactly what it is about the P7's, but they've been my most used can's ever since I bought them a month or so ago. Funny thing is, I was sure that I'd give them a shot and would most likely return them since I've never been a huge fan of closed back headphones yet something about these just makes me very, very happy. Gotta love B&W's R&D and I have to think that the speaker-like driver with a surround has something to do with the wonderful (IMO) sound of these headphones. 

Thanks mate :D

The P7's have some sort of damn magic about them that just has me here addicted... Seriously I haven't been this hooked since the first time I heard the B&W Nautilus...

Been wearing them for hours now and no fatigue. Wow.

Apr 1, 2014 at 11:44 AM Post #998 of 1,506
Was at the apple store at NYC soho yesterday looking to grab a pair of momentums. While listening to them I also tried the b and o h6. That's when one of the associated casually mentioned to "try the p7s, the others are just toys inc the h6". I was hesitant to listen to him cuz I thought he was just trying to sell those instead. I did however, and they absolutely blew me away, never heard such clear midrange in any phones in my life, and the bass presence and clarity was phenomenal. I'm no audiophile who can spend hours analyzing and tinkering with eqs, however you could tell instantly the clarity btwn the p7s and momentums at least which at first sounded great, but after hearing the p7 was almost muddied. It's hard for me to just know but I think I knew from the first time I heard them. Funny thing is I tried to buy them right there, but he didn't even have any in stock, cuz apparently they are that stores best seller.. Now I'm back home in Toronto, and have to see if they have em in stock at the apple store here :frowning2:

I've also got sennheiser hd598, amperiors, tma1, but none come close, though I still love my hd598..

Apr 1, 2014 at 2:28 PM Post #999 of 1,506
Hey Joe,

Check futureshop, some of them may still have them. I think they has stock checks when you go online and can probably reserve it too. The one at Kennedy has been sold out since December as i grabbed the last pair. :wink:

Apr 2, 2014 at 2:49 PM Post #1,000 of 1,506
  Hey Joe,

Check futureshop, some of them may still have them. I think they has stock checks when you go online and can probably reserve it too. The one at Kennedy has been sold out since December as i grabbed the last pair. :wink:

There was a shortage across all dealers from launch to early March in the US.  They are now available in decent quantities around here.  I would assume you would see these in quantity in the great white north shortly after us.  So keep an eye out, I'm sure they'll have them soon.  

Apr 2, 2014 at 3:10 PM Post #1,001 of 1,506
apple yorkdale and even apple.ca both had them in stock, as well as Futureshop on Hwy 7 and Jane had them in stock as well... best bet is just use the online stock info at either bestbuy or futureshop and just reserve it for pickup in store. I got lucky and picked mine up brand new for $290CAD but i really wish these would drop in price a little bit, at $400 they're still good but just seem like they could be a much better value at $349 even... as long as they don't release an updated version within the next 6 months...

Apr 2, 2014 at 6:28 PM Post #1,002 of 1,506
  apple yorkdale and even apple.ca both had them in stock, as well as Futureshop on Hwy 7 and Jane had them in stock as well... best bet is just use the online stock info at either bestbuy or futureshop and just reserve it for pickup in store. I got lucky and picked mine up brand new for $290CAD but i really wish these would drop in price a little bit, at $400 they're still good but just seem like they could be a much better value at $349 even... as long as they don't release an updated version within the next 6 months...

I wouldn't hold your breath on a cost reduction from B&W.  It will never happen.  The P5 is still $299!  No updated P7 coming any time soon though, so at least you have that going for you.  

Apr 2, 2014 at 7:05 PM Post #1,003 of 1,506
  I wouldn't hold your breath on a cost reduction from B&W.  It will never happen.  The P5 is still $299!  No updated P7 coming any time soon though, so at least you have that going for you.  

Was there ever a updated p5 or p3? 

I don't think the p7s need an update anyways. 

Anyone paired them with audioengine d1 or any fiio products?

Apr 3, 2014 at 4:47 PM Post #1,005 of 1,506
Hey Joe,

Hi,
Thanks for the heads up. Think I'll grab them from apple store since they are the same price everywhere, looks like the futureshops are starting to have them in stock. Real excited to get them though, even if they don't go on sale.. Which I don't think I could wait for anyways. On the plus side they are priced the same as the US while not having to pay the exchange rate difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back