Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones
Mar 12, 2014 at 12:29 AM Post #976 of 1,506
My B&W P7s stink ... literally. Out of the box they had a very strong chemical smell. Several weeks later the smell has faded and is tolerable but is still there. It seems to be from the leather. Has anyone else experienced this?

Otherwise, I have really been enjoying them.

You don't like the smell of leather? Cuz i love it:D

Mar 12, 2014 at 4:32 AM Post #978 of 1,506
I just found out that B&W does not ship accessories to Canada? Soooo along the road if I need a cable replacement or earpad replacement what am I suppose to do? Why does it seem that Canadians always seem to get the middle finger? I sent them a email just now so I'm seeing if its true. 

Mar 12, 2014 at 4:48 AM Post #979 of 1,506
My B&W P7s stink ... literally. Out of the box they had a very strong chemical smell. Several weeks later the smell has faded and is tolerable but is still there. It seems to be from the leather. Has anyone else experienced this?

Otherwise, I have really been enjoying them.

Odd. I tried the P7 and 3 different stores and I never noticed any sort of "chemical smell". My pair smell of leather, like a sofa, that is it.

I have no idea what they do with the leather, but I assume there is some sort of chemical treatment during production. Sounds like you might have gotten a pair where something went wrong.

Mar 12, 2014 at 6:35 AM Post #980 of 1,506
  I just found out that B&W does not ship accessories to Canada? Soooo along the road if I need a cable replacement or earpad replacement what am I suppose to do? Why does it seem that Canadians always seem to get the middle finger? I sent them a email just now so I'm seeing if its true. 

Because of Justin Bieber?...that would be my best guess. <grin>

It does stink if B&W won't ship to Canada, I ordered a 5m cable from them for mine and loved that they didn't charge for shipping.

Good luck!

Mar 18, 2014 at 2:58 PM Post #981 of 1,506

Because of Justin Bieber?...that would be my best guess. <grin>

It does stink if B&W won't ship to Canada, I ordered a 5m cable from them for mine and loved that they didn't charge for shipping.

Good luck!

They actually sell a 16ft cable?  Do they advertise this at all?  Does it have matching ends to the original?  Sorry for the questions, just had not heard this.  

Mar 18, 2014 at 3:04 PM Post #982 of 1,506
  They actually sell a 16ft cable?  Do they advertise this at all?  Does it have matching ends to the original?  Sorry for the questions, just had not heard this.  

This is the one I bought and it does have end that match the original (they have others on the site): 

http://www.bwgroupusa.com/bwgroup-parts/index.php/bw/headphones/p7/p7-black-5-meter-standard-audio-cable.html

Mar 18, 2014 at 3:20 PM Post #984 of 1,506
No problem at all, if you bought the P7's you can sign up for 3 free months of their "Society of Sound" and download free 16 and 24 bit FLAC albums. 

http://www.bowers-wilkins.co.uk/Downloads/downloads.html

Mar 28, 2014 at 2:02 AM Post #986 of 1,506
  Anyone know whether anyone is doing a custom cable for these headphones?

Available in a variety of jacks, including straight and angled,

3 wire P5 cables, also available for the P7 for those who fancy a thinner configuration,

Available with a large variety of wires with prices starting at £85.

Mar 28, 2014 at 2:09 AM Post #987 of 1,506
Interesting, the cable that comes with the p7 seem better than descent, especially if you're using it as a portable rig. How much do these set you back?

Edit

Seems like they'll set you back $300ish... That's how much I paid for the headphones!

http://www.doublehelixcables.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=134

Mar 28, 2014 at 2:35 AM Post #988 of 1,506
Interesting, the cable that comes with the p7 seem better than descent, especially if you're using it as a portable rig. How much do these set you back?

Edit

Seems like they'll set you back $300ish... That's how much I paid for the headphones!

http://www.doublehelixcables.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=134

Do I get a choice of reptiles with it? :D

Mar 28, 2014 at 3:05 AM Post #989 of 1,506

Edit

That's not my cable, our cables start at £85 as stated in my post and ours uses 4 wires, 3 wire versions would be even cheaper.

We don't have most of our products listed on the site, not been updated for 2 years due to how busy we have been, so orders are usually placed via PM or email.

A list can be found on my profile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back