Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless
Sep 21, 2019 at 7:16 AM Post #121 of 128
Hoping this thread is still alive!? Anyway, just got myself a used pair of P5s from eBay (in condition like new in box with all accessories, a gift that someone didn't want to keep) and I find its sound addictive, much like the B&W T7 Bluetooth speaker. Also, very comfortable as they can be adjusted/tilted to fit my ears perfectly.

Anyway, in wireless mode, there is a very slight crackling sound, especially in the right speaker. It's not noticable when playing music at normal levels, but at the very lowest volumes, it is noticeable and can be a bit annoying. My question is if this is normal? When wired, they're silent.

Sep 23, 2019 at 6:12 AM Post #122 of 128
Hoping this thread is still alive!? Anyway, just got myself a used pair of P5s from eBay (in condition like new in box with all accessories, a gift that someone didn't want to keep) and I find its sound addictive, much like the B&W T7 Bluetooth speaker. Also, very comfortable as they can be adjusted/tilted to fit my ears perfectly.

Anyway, in wireless mode, there is a very slight crackling sound, especially in the right speaker. It's not noticable when playing music at normal levels, but at the very lowest volumes, it is noticeable and can be a bit annoying. My question is if this is normal? When wired, they're silent.

My pair did nothing of the sort when I still had them.

Sep 24, 2019 at 4:49 AM Post #123 of 128
My pair did nothing of the sort when I still had them.

Thanks! Can you remember if you could hear any difference at all when in wireless mode and when not in wireless mode, not playing any music/sounds? Anyone else? Do B&W have any customer support? I'd like to describe this to them and hear what they have to say.

EDIT: I've just written to B&Ws customer support about this, and I'll let you know what they have to say when they return with a reply.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2019 at 5:15 AM Post #124 of 128
Thanks! Can you remember if you could hear any difference at all when in wireless mode and when not in wireless mode, not playing any music/sounds? Anyone else? Do B&W have any customer support? I'd like to describe this to them and hear what they have to say.

I never experienced any appreciable difference in performance between wired and wireless modes, I am certain of that...even without any noise like you describe experiencing, that would have driven me mad.

I never had reason to reach out for support...the contact us section of their webpage seems to lead where you'll need: https://www.bowerswilkins.com/contact-us

Oct 1, 2020 at 7:06 PM Post #125 of 128
The world has gone mad with bluetooth headphones, I bought a bunch for Comparison MW65 (£425), Sennheiser Momentum 3, Bowers and Wilkins PX. Ok, thought I was happy with the momentums, then I pick up a pair of P5 bluetooth headphones for £60 at cex....These DESTROY the the other 3, I can’t even describe how superior the tonality, accuracy, soundstage, theyre magic. How these headphones dont get more attention I’ll never know, even more confusing is how inferior the PX seem.

Oct 2, 2020 at 6:07 AM Post #126 of 128
The world has gone mad with bluetooth headphones, I bought a bunch for Comparison MW65 (£425), Sennheiser Momentum 3, Bowers and Wilkins PX. Ok, thought I was happy with the momentums, then I pick up a pair of P5 bluetooth headphones for £60 at cex....These DESTROY the the other 3, I can’t even describe how superior the tonality, accuracy, soundstage, theyre magic. How these headphones dont get more attention I’ll never know, even more confusing is how inferior the PX seem.

I prefer the PX as well as the Momentum 3s (even if they sound quite different of course) to the P5 Wireless, so there you go. Personal preference aside, I don‘t see how the P5s would „destroy“ either of the other two :)

Oct 4, 2020 at 7:58 AM Post #127 of 128
(---) then I pick up a pair of P5 bluetooth headphones for £60 at cex....These DESTROY the the other 3, I can’t even describe how superior the tonality, accuracy, soundstage, theyre magic. How these headphones dont get more attention I’ll never know, even more confusing is how inferior the PX seem.

Couldn't agree with you more. Picked up a pair of B&W PX7s and was disappointed. The sound feels like sitting in a luxury Bentley with air-conditioned seats with a built-in massage and padding that swallows your entire body. Very comfortable, but utterly boring and non-engaging. The P5s are tuned for people for whom sound is what really matters. The PX7s are designed for people who travel and wants to fall asleep without being disturbed by any intrusive external sounds and/or engaging internal sounds. So, the PX7s will be returned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back