Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless
Dec 9, 2015 at 2:55 PM Post #91 of 128
Hi, 

I've just purchased them today and I'd like to ask a little question. My first pair was defective (the "+" button didn't have any haptic feedback, and the "-" button just didn't work). It was quickly exchanged for a new one. This new one is currently charging but there already are a few things I'm a little annoyed with. The leather quality feels a little worse than the first pair and there are several little dents / dings on the plastic parts where the buttons are located. There's also a dent in the leather near the buttons, consistent with a fingernail attacking the leather. To be honest I don't mind if my pair has been used previously but I do mind receiving one with some signs of use. Did yours also arrive with some flaws of this kind or were they truly flawless ?
It was purchased in a rather respectable line of stores in France - I doubt I'm facing here counterfeiting, but in any case I'll check.
The serial number of the second one is 1505-0007766.

Thanks.

Dec 9, 2015 at 8:04 PM Post #92 of 128
My P5 Wireless seem cosmetically pretty flawless even after months of use. In my opinion, you should receive a brand new and flawless pair as a replacement–that is what you paid for in the first place.

Dec 12, 2015 at 12:23 PM Post #93 of 128
I've gotten a third pair today. That one is functionally flawless and the leather quality is as good as the first pair. 
Unfortunately, once again the manufacturing is pretty rubbish for a €400 pair of headphones. If the leather quality is very good (supple and flexible, while the second pair felt dry and wrinkly), the assembly is quite crappy. There are dents / marks on the leather on the cups in a few places where force was probably applied during manufacturing, and the shaping where the leather meets the central "Bowers & Wilkins" aluminium part isn't properly made on one of the cups (it doesn't go under the cup properly in one place). If B&W can't properly manufacture those cups I'd rather have them drop the leather on the cups, it's functionally useless and only adds to the cost. And I'm sorry, but my definition of luxury isn't "we'll put some leather here and there" but "if we use leather, we'll select the right one with the appropriate quality, and have decently trained people assemble the damn thing properly". On this pair though there are no marks on the plastic parts.
This pair has the best feeling buttons of the three so far. There is a lot of variability between pairs in terms of haptic feedback. That's really bad as haptic feedback is absolutely paramount for portable bluetooth headphone since one, by definition, can't see them when they are operated.
Otherwise so far the bluetooth connection is rock solid and the sound of this pair quite OK (certainly better than the second pair which also sounded weird). Certainly not worth €400 of SQ, but one doesn't buy a portable bluetooth pair of headphones for SQ only anyway (I suppose that form factor, ergonomics, user interface, design, and bluetooth connection quality and stability are very important as well).
I'll try to see what I can do to improve the improper assembly, but anyway I'm keeping that pair, and will loudly complain to B&W.

EDIT : today I used a Metrocard to force the leather back in the gap between the cup and the aluminium part where "Bowers & Wilkins" is written and it worked ! Honestly I can't count how many times this amazing, thinner than a credit card and yet resistant plastic fantastic miracle has helped me. Parisian metro tickets in comparison are shamefully useless other than for taking the metro and making baby two-folds origami.

Feb 2, 2016 at 10:05 AM Post #94 of 128
Hi,

Thanks for welcoming me in this forum. This is my first post here, and am looking forward in getting positive feedback, comments and opinions

I am researching alot and alot about very good high quality wireless headphones and so far I've narrowed my choices to two products ... 

- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless
- Sennheiser Momentum Wireless

However, I am now very stuck in which one to go for. Can you please help me and guide me as to which one I should choose please? What do I want to use it for? The answer is mainly movies, and listening to generic music

Your help is much appreciated 

Thanks,

Geoff

May 29, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #96 of 128
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I've got the P5 on the way, and am thinking of returning the H7 as I find it uncomfortable on the top of my head (thin headband). I'm assuming your return was based on sound? Can you elaborate a little? Thanks!!!

Jun 10, 2016 at 2:56 AM Post #98 of 128
Dear fellow mate, I'm new to this thread and I need advise or solutions to it. Just got myself a p5 wireless b&w in Singapore.. And found that Bluetooth connectivity not as good as b&o h7.. And also battery can't be fully charged to 100 percents. (IPhone battery indicator always show 90 percents.) is that a major flaw about this product? Anyone could give me piece of advise or solutions? Thanks in advance... :) (b&o h7 never has any problem since using for more than 6months upon purchased, just for information.)

Jun 10, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #99 of 128
Dear fellow mate, I'm new to this thread and I need advise or solutions to it. Just got myself a p5 wireless b&w in Singapore.. And found that Bluetooth connectivity not as good as b&o h7.. And also battery can't be fully charged to 100 percents. (IPhone battery indicator always show 90 percents.) is that a major flaw about this product? Anyone could give me piece of advise or solutions? Thanks in advance... :) (b&o h7 never has any problem since using for more than 6months upon purchased, just for information.)

Could be a defective pair of headphones. I would recommend exchanging for a new pair and see if things get better.

Jul 27, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #101 of 128
Hey everyone! 
Could someone please suggest me on couple of things?
I owned P5 once - the first generation model. The only thing I hated was stupid cord which broke down half year later. The spare one and one of the drivers had even lesser life cycle. Dang it but anyways. After jumping to ATH (forgotten which one) and Beyerdynamic T-51p (both had 1 year life span) I said to myself: No. Freaking. Cords.
I've researched head-fi and other websites for all possible wireless headphones in relative similar price category. But I've completely neglected P5 Wireless (probably because of my butthurt over broken ones I still store in my office desk somewhere). 
If it possible, can anyone compare P5 to:
- Momentum 2 Wireless
- Bose QC 35 
- B&O H7
- B&O H8
- Sony MDR-1ABT

My priorities are:
1. Comfort 
2. Sound quality
3. Reliability (cause I'm not buying $400+ next year. Don't ask me how all my headphones get broken down so fast. Too much j-rock or what idk)

I don't really care about NC stuff, not really a fan of it. 
Old P5 were quite fun to listen but not really comfortable to wear. Previous messages stated that Wireless version has gotten much better in both ways. 

So do you think I should invest into it?

Jul 27, 2016 at 8:39 PM Post #102 of 128
Hi Gingerbread. In terms of comfort, sound quality. I would recommend B&O H7 personally, reference to my ear listening and wearing comfortably upon daily usage. H7 has a clean and clear sound producing out from a good source of music output in Flac and DSD formats. Compare it before with momentum, and found momentum was quite heavy in bass and not really clear and spacious referred to the very same songs I used for comparison before purchasing any headphone. However, it is strongly based on individual taste of listening with level of acceptance to the sound signatures where how the others headphone perform. For me, I chosen H7 over momentum. (I do not like NC at all so never try out the bose, H8 is an on ear type and Bluetooth connection seems not really impressive due to drop out issue.)

Jul 28, 2016 at 3:07 AM Post #103 of 128
Hey, Ef! Thank you kindly for your insight! I do have high expectations for H7. Sadly there is no retail store anywhere nearby so I'm limited to online purchase. 
Could you possibly describe them comfort wise? Are they mobile enough for let's say daily commuting?
I did test B&W P7 once. And I did actually like them very much. The only reason stopped me from purchasing them is their size - just tiny bit too bulky for outside use. And then again - cable. I'll probably kick myself in the face if I'll lose another 400 bucks headphones due to cable or something. Bluetooth it is! 

Jul 28, 2016 at 3:44 AM Post #104 of 128
Hi Gingerbread, I do have the P7 myself and I do like it alot for classical, jazz and folk music. And I do agreed in it size of portable inconvenience during commuting. H7, comfort wise to me is comfort and really lightweight, since I am always taking subway system and buses most of my time during travelling around. Headband clamp force is just nice for me without any tightness stress build-up during any 2 to 3 hours of listening. (but never tried beyond 4 hours). Battery life has been good since first day. So far a single charge will last me 1 full weeks with daily listening about 4 hours with volume about 60 percents. Isolation wise, result is more to average level since it has no NC feature but in high acceptable during commuting purpose based on my acceptance perception. (Never tried it out on flight yet). Overall, it should be fit to your looking if you're looking for portable with comfortable level with good sound quality. Another option will be P5 wireless, and I do also like it's portable design but different sound signature comparison with H7. Battery life is shorter than H7 of 2 to 3 days difference. And it is an on ear headphone. Isolation is quite good despite it is an on ear can. Clamping force also acceptable to me and I do easily can listen 3 to 4 hours straight without taking down. However, it is a bit heavier than H7 and it has no NC feature either. Hope could bring you more closer to their characteristic of design in comfort and portabilities. Oh yeah, I am wearing spectacle during using these headphones. FYI. Thank you.

Jul 29, 2016 at 5:33 AM Post #105 of 128
Hello, Ef! Thank you very much for your feedback! I really appreciate that!
I sent out a distress call at city's message board. Hope to listen to both P5 and H7 before making a final call.
Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back