Bowers & Wilkins C5
Aug 15, 2011 at 2:43 AM Post #2 of 35
All I did was type "bowers wilkins c5" in the search bar and look what came up!  It seems not too many head-fiers have gotten their hands on them yet.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/562270/bowers-wilkins-in-ear-headphones-c5

Aug 15, 2011 at 6:31 AM Post #3 of 35
You can probably get better sound for less money.  But aesthetically, they are very pleasing... and it seems like they don't sound bad, just not quite full value on the audible front.

Aug 29, 2011 at 8:57 PM Post #4 of 35

Aug 29, 2011 at 10:55 PM Post #5 of 35
I'd have to agree with everything inner fidelity said...  Except for a few things.
  1. Comfort, I actually found them to be quite comfortable, this will be hit or miss for others.  I have gotten Allydynias from 2 IEMs so far, Brainwavz B2 and A151s...  Both of these I think is due to me testing out tips to get a good seal (that's when they occur, then they go away).  Also the Marshall Minors did the same as well, again, testing the click system for a proper fit.
  2. That's all I disagree on.
The bass was a bit much for me but was good impact and will definitely be good for the popular crowd.  The treble was decent with good sparkle, but it was also lacking details here and there.  The same goes for the mids.  They were lacking dynamics and sounded a bit boring. 

Want to know more?  Read this: http://www.ifans.com/blog/27330/

Sep 9, 2011 at 6:40 AM Post #7 of 35
 A little late, but the MTPC are on amazon for 186.... Definitely better :)

Sep 10, 2011 at 3:05 AM Post #9 of 35
 Well, I have them and can definitely vouch for the sound. If you do get them, they won't sound amazing at first, but after burn in they're actually unbelievable. The soundstage is surprisingly wide for an in-ear, the mids are great, but definitely their weak point (if I had to point one out). The treble is sparkly, detailed and well represented. However, the bass is what makes these so great. Now they're no basshead cans, but the bass is just really full and textured, with a nice thump to it. One word that definitely comes to mind is substance, the music feels full. Just a little nit-pick though, it glosses over some details, which can be an up or a downside, because some details in a 24/192 track will be lost, but then it will also make mp3s etc. sound better, less harsh.

Sep 10, 2011 at 3:07 AM Post #10 of 35
 I mean, they are supposed to be sold at $400. At that price they would be overpriced but I got them for $220, and $186 would be a steal.

Sep 11, 2011 at 12:57 AM Post #12 of 35

Quote:
 I mean, they are supposed to be sold at $400. At that price they would be overpriced but I got them for $220, and $186 would be a steal.

I thought you were talking about normal Turbines (price ranges from 100), MSRP @ 180...  Turbine Pros range from 300-400 MSRP.  Since they have been out a while, prices have dropped about 100 [mean price] (200-300).

Sep 11, 2011 at 7:41 AM Post #14 of 35

Quote:
No worries. I ordered the regular Turbines for my girlfriend, and the Copper for myself. $286 for two sets of earbuds isn't bad in my book. More so if she stops taking my headphones.

Wait till after burn-in.... You won't be disappointed :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back