Bowers and Wilkins PX8 Wireless Discussion
Feb 16, 2023 at 10:43 AM Post #3,196 of 5,215
Sorry if I wasn't clear, 10% less than other apps, so typically around 60% on qobuz Vs 70% on Amazon.
Ah I see, thank god for that - I was just about to book an appointment with the ear doctor!
For me the APP2 is a better sounding headphone/earphone than the AirPods Max, and better than many headphones (wired or not) that I hearing before. And I saying before in this thread that I prefer the APP2 sound to the px8, an opinion that isn't, of course, popular at all in this thread.
I don't think your opinion is unpopular. It's just another opinion.

Feb 16, 2023 at 10:49 AM Post #3,197 of 5,215
You have stated this about ten times already. It has nothing to do with popularity. However I envy you. You got cheaper, smaller and more convenient gear and your ears know no difference. God bless.

Ten times?? Really? I think is actually maybe 2 maximum.

Actually, and unfortunately for my pocket, for the last 3 months I owning the very, very more expensive (1300€ / $1600 USD) T+A Solitaire T, my favourite of any headphone (wired or not) that I hearing in my life (and I owning a lot of headphones and earphones!). But I also owning the very excellent APP2 and other very good headphones and earphones...

God bless.

I don't think your opinion is unpopular.

If you reading ALL this thread, like you saying before, then your memory isn't so good.

It's just another opinion.

Yes, only an opinion, but some opinions have more weight / relevance than others depending on different factors, like experience, credibility, etc...

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2023 at 10:52 AM Post #3,198 of 5,215
Actually, and unfortunately for my pocket, for the last 3 months I owning the very, very more expensive (1300€ / $1600 USD) ANC headphone, the T+A Solitaire T, my favourite of any headphone (wired or not) that I hearing in my life (and I owning a lot of headphones and earphones!). But I also own the very excellent APP2 and other headphones and earphones...

God bless.

If you reading ALL this thread, like you saying before, then your memory isn't so good.
Are you OK?

Feb 16, 2023 at 12:32 PM Post #3,199 of 5,215
Bit of a newbie-question, but would you mind explaining what this means? I know what a dac is, but I don’t fully understand the built-in dac and how it works with iPhone streaming? Haven’t heard this mentioned with other cans so as a proud new owner of a pair of Px8’s I’d be interest to know!

So yeah, received the shipment last night, tried to be careful so that the wife doesn’t see and make me explain why I dropped 500€ on headphones (and 500€ to me sounds like a bargain price for a brand new pair). Need some more time with them before formulating an opinion but the first impressions are good and kind of different that I was expecting. I never had over-ears before because I have a big head, big ears and glasses, and I always thought that they won’t fit anyway. Well, they fit perfectly, and feel super comfy.

Soundwise the wide soundstage is what I noticed at first, bass freqs lower than what I’m used to, hearing new things in old songs I had never paid attention to. Vildhjarta’s dystopian nightmarish world of Måsstaden became even more nightmarish with the added immersion. Also trusty test songs from Steely Dan, Amon Tobin, Max Cooper and Massive Attack unfolded in a different way than before. I did notice that I have to crank up the volume quite high but I guess that’s expected. Oh, the ”auto-pause” when lifting an earcup doesn’t work well for me, turned it off right away.

That’s really my first impressions so far, I’m not an audiophile at all, more just a music nerd, so I lack the right terminology to express myself. But I feel like the familiar roads now have more colors, the greys became greyer, the abysses deeper and the rainbows even more colored. Loving it! Definitely keeping them.
"Only" 500? You're lucky! Where did you get them from, if I may ask?

Feb 16, 2023 at 12:54 PM Post #3,200 of 5,215
Yes, only an opinion, but some opinions have more weight / relevance than others depending on different factors, like experience, credibility, etc...
Like when someone keeps coming back into a thread where people discuss the Px8, only to argue over and over again that a pair of convenient but oh so plastic Apple earbuds are better?
Or saying that P7w is superior and that there is no noise floor or hissing?
Or constantly and consciously trying to be rude, condescending and just outright offensive at the same time?
Yeah that can reduce ones credibility something fierce.

Feb 16, 2023 at 12:57 PM Post #3,201 of 5,215
Like when someone keeps coming back into a thread where people discuss the Px8, only to argue over and over again that a pair of convenient but oh so plastic Apple earbuds are better?
Or saying that P7w is superior and that there is no noise floor or hissing?
Or constantly and consciously trying to be rude, condescending and just outright offensive at the same time?
Yeah that can reduce ones credibility something fierce.
Opinions are like assholes…everyone has one. That’s my philosophy on them. We all got ‘em, they’re all valid, and move on.

Feb 16, 2023 at 4:26 PM Post #3,204 of 5,215
I agree with this - the leather and memory foam are very soft and at the very least will compress over time with the weight of your noggin squashing it. I can't get my head around how you sleep like this as I would find it way too uncomfortable. Maybe add one of those aeroplane neck pillows on top of your standard pillow so the can sits nicely in the hole!
That’s actually a good idea… My Px8 007 is supposed to be delivered on Saturday. I’ll get back to you regarding that side-sleeping compatibility

Feb 16, 2023 at 11:02 PM Post #3,206 of 5,215
Got my Px8 in December and am now the next person to unfortunately have the battery issue. My 2 1/2 months old Px8 wont charge past 70% after plugging and unplugging for the last few hours (up a whopping 2% from 68% last night). This is mot really a solution in my opinion and who knows what other problems may manifest outside of the warranty period. I am pretty sure B&W will tell me to send it in and they will send a replacement after they get it and process the replacement (did this twice with the PI7s) so I am pretty disappointed right now. Tried factory reset too. Just submitted a support request online and hopefully I can find some time to call them during business hours...what a pain. Just venting...

Feb 16, 2023 at 11:06 PM Post #3,207 of 5,215
Got my Px8 in December and am now the next person to unfortunately have the battery issue. My 2 1/2 months old Px8 wont charge past 70% after plugging and unplugging for the last few hours (up a whopping 2% from 68% last night). This is mot really a solution in my opinion and who knows what other problems may manifest outside of the warranty period. I am pretty sure B&W will tell me to send it in and they will send a replacement after they get it and process the replacement (did this twice with the PI7s) so I am pretty disappointed right now. Tried factory reset too. Just submitted a support request online and hopefully I can find some time to call them during business hours...what a pain. Just venting...
I don't blame you for venting, this is really annoying and a bit concerning as you say in terms of post-warranty issues. Please keep us updated on how B&W deal with this.

Feb 17, 2023 at 12:30 AM Post #3,208 of 5,215
Hi all.

New member here, and I didn't want to create a new thread...just yet.

I'm looking to get the B&W PX8s. Don't laugh, but I currently own the V-Moda Crossfades (old, but not used much, and still in great condition). I would like to know how much better the B&Ws would be, and if it would warrant the not-insubstantial price. I don't mind spending the money, I just want to know that it will result in a decent jump in sound quality and enjoyment of music. I'm not buying them for the NC, or the Bluetooth - sound quality is the primary concern.

I use an iFi Go Blu DAC.

Thanks!
I believe they go into hear-through mode on calls and such. Just click the left cup button to toggle to off or ANC.

Feb 17, 2023 at 2:14 AM Post #3,209 of 5,215
Interestingly, mine have just gone from 98% to 50% with an hour usage... does this warrant an email to B&W? I'm wondering whether this is a battery issue or whether the app is just showing the battery level incorrectly.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back