Bowers and Wilkins PX8 Wireless Discussion
Dec 11, 2022 at 10:14 AM Post #2,611 of 5,215
OK fine humans of this thread that I’ve come to love… I need some advice. My mother is willing to get me a rather nice Christmas present this year and roll it into my birthday which is next week. I’m thinking about asking her to get me a nice pair of wired headphones that I can just plug into my iPhone via… the apple dongle and it be an incredibly nice sound. Don’t wanna have to drive them otherwise and I just wanted to be as plug and play as possible so i can throw the phone in my pocket if need be. What should I tell her to buy me?

Dec 11, 2022 at 10:17 AM Post #2,612 of 5,215
Picked up the black version this afternoon at Bay/Bloor Radio (Toronto). Great compliment to my pi7’s.

In wired mode, could the Px8 benefit from a USB-C to a source TRRS 3.5 or TRRRS 4.4 male balanced cable (not for mic use)?

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2022 at 10:19 AM Post #2,613 of 5,215
OK fine humans of this thread that I’ve come to love… I need some advice. My mother is willing to get me a rather nice Christmas present this year and roll it into my birthday which is next week. I’m thinking about asking her to get me a nice pair of wired headphones that I can just plug into my iPhone via… the apple dongle and it be an incredibly nice sound. Don’t wanna have to drive them otherwise and I just wanted to be as plug and play as possible so i can throw the phone in my pocket if need be. What should I tell her to buy me?
Focal Bathys :)

Dec 11, 2022 at 10:20 AM Post #2,614 of 5,215
Focal Bathys :)
3DBAF1A0-BA64-4606-9373-9DD64177EE6E.jpeg
Well I kind of took care of that myself

Dec 11, 2022 at 10:44 AM Post #2,615 of 5,215
another video from these guys. Still whining about the 25 hour battery life (which people already told them is wrong) and the useless ANC (not sure what they compare to as Bathys and H95 are no better, they are worse. if anything…

Dec 11, 2022 at 10:46 AM Post #2,616 of 5,215
another video from these guys. Still whining about the 25 hour battery life (which people already told them is wrong) and the useless ANC (not sure what they compare to as Bathys and H95 are no better, they are worse. if anything…

Just another channel to add to the "no credibility" list.

Dec 11, 2022 at 11:27 AM Post #2,617 of 5,215

The popup labels which literally just say'PX8' or basic words like 'revisited' every half a second made me switch this off within 30s lol. Seems like a GCSE media student's project where he has to slot effects in to meet the examiner checklist.

Dec 11, 2022 at 11:28 AM Post #2,618 of 5,215
The popup labels which literally just say'PX8' or basic words like 'revisited' every half a second made me switch this off within 30s lol. Seems like a GCSE media student's project where he has to slot effects in to meet the examiner checklist.
I’m still confused in what world 25 hours isn’t enough anyways. I get it’s not 60 or 40 like some other brands, but who the hell is listening for 25 hours straight or 25 hours over 2 or 3 or 4 days and “not” in direct access to a charging port or electricity?

Dec 11, 2022 at 11:30 AM Post #2,619 of 5,215
meze 109pro (open back)
meze liric (closed back)
denon 9200(closed back)

Dec 11, 2022 at 11:38 AM Post #2,620 of 5,215
I’m still confused in what world 25 hours isn’t enough anyways. I get it’s not 60 or 40 like some other brands, but who the hell is listening for 25 hours straight or 25 hours over 2 or 3 or 4 days and “not” in direct access to a charging port or electricity?
Agree. 25 hours is fine.

My point was that the review bashed PX8 for having 25 hours battery life (compared to Bathys and H95…) and they get seceral comments that they misread the specs, which they acknowledged. They then post another video making the same error again.

Also idk how bad of a seal you need to get worse ANC with Px8 than with e g Bathys. Granted, I have neither the hair, beard or cool glasses like the reviewer, but I find ANC on PX8 to work better than many other cans, invluding Bathys (and who tests headphones with massive shades on anyway?)

Dec 11, 2022 at 11:40 AM Post #2,621 of 5,215
Agree. 25 hours is fine.

My point was that the review bashed PX8 for having 25 hours battery life (compared to Bathys and H95…) and they get seceral comments that they misread the specs, which they acknowledged. They then post another video making the same error again.

Also idk how bad of a seal you need to get worse ANC with Px8 than with e g Bathys. Granted, I have neither the hair, beard or cool glasses like the reviewer, but I find ANC on PX8 to work better than many other cans, invluding Bathys (and who tests headphones with massive shades on anyway?)
Okay I can comment on this, as someone with hair, beard, and glasses. The shape of the px8 and the relative thickness of the pads means that certain glasses with a thicker frame do impact the seal.

Bathys has a thinner headband but much more circular, thicker and squishier pads, which means with glasses…it tends not to matter. The seal is the same.

Dec 11, 2022 at 11:43 AM Post #2,622 of 5,215
Okay I can comment on this, as someone with hair, beard, and glasses. The shape of the px8 and the relative thickness of the pads means that certain glasses with a thicker frame do impact the seal.

Bathys has a thinner headband but much more circular, thicker and squishier pads, which means with glasses…it tends not to matter. The seal is the same.
Could be. I wear glasses with thick acetate frames and no issue on neither headphone. It has been a problem with others though.

Dec 11, 2022 at 2:09 PM Post #2,623 of 5,215
If you want a better Bathys I'd say go Elegia, if you want a much better PX8 take a P9. The P9 are a bit easier to drive, but both will work adequately off an Apple dongle!

Dec 11, 2022 at 2:12 PM Post #2,624 of 5,215
If you want a better Bathys I'd say go Elegia, if you want a much better PX8 take a P9. The P9 are a bit easier to drive, but both will work adequately off an Apple dongle!
Dont forget to try them on first if you can. P9 is wonderful at times but clamps like a vice. At least compared to PX8. Other than that they are truly amazing if you like the tuning.

Dec 11, 2022 at 2:19 PM Post #2,625 of 5,215
Dont forget to try them on first if you can. P9 is wonderful at times but clamps like a vice. At least compared to PX8. Other than that they are truly amazing if you like the tuning.
I can’t do the P9 cause of the clamp sadly. Also I’m not opposed to open backs or something funky. A grand goes a long way in this world apparently, and also not far at all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back