Bowers and Wilkins PX8 Wireless Discussion
Dec 7, 2022 at 6:46 AM Post #2,551 of 5,215
I would not try to polish a scuff mark that small, you run the risk of making it worse/more visible by altering the shine on the surrounding area and/or screwing up the nearby leather as well.

Battle scars are proof of your love for the headphone :)
Fair points. It's just triggering my OCD haha. I'm sure I'll cope...

Dec 7, 2022 at 8:20 AM Post #2,553 of 5,215
So I caved and impulse bought a pair of these last night in a nearby shop…

Proper impressions to follow, but for now will say they’re a joy to wear out and about. Fantastic comfort, build and aesthetics. ANC perfectly acceptable.

Like an absolute idiot I have managed to scuff the metal on one of the cups already - knocked it on my table accidentally. It’s a minor scratch but annoying me loads. Any suggestions on a good polish / anything else to remove or obscure this?

6E49F5D7-7A42-401B-B15E-CE11BCF7A13E.jpeg
My OCD would also be kicking in, so I would apply an enamel or epoxy paint using a cotton swab (Q tip here in the USA) to that very small area. You might find a closely matching color at a local hobby shop (one that is involved in replica model kits). Otherwise, yes, just let it be, don't try polishing it.

Dec 7, 2022 at 8:51 AM Post #2,555 of 5,215
My OCD would also be kicking in, so I would apply an enamel or epoxy paint using a cotton swab (Q tip here in the USA) to that very small area. You might find a closely matching color at a local hobby shop (one that is involved in replica model kits). Otherwise, yes, just let it be, don't try polishing it.
You're a gentleman and a scholar - thank you

Dec 7, 2022 at 9:18 AM Post #2,559 of 5,215
@yrstruly when you get the opportunity, can you post more pictures of the McLaren Edition?

Curious to see how they look in different lighting/angles real life
Ah I got the black one! Think the lighting in my picture made it resemble the McLaren

Dec 7, 2022 at 9:39 AM Post #2,560 of 5,215
It's anodized aluminum, so first experiment on a discarded bike part or some such thing.

Dec 7, 2022 at 12:08 PM Post #2,561 of 5,215
I actually just put an order in for the MW75 a couple days ago and am anxiously awaiting their delivery. I’m loving my PX8 but am looking forward to what I hope will be a bit more of a “fun” and engaging sound in the 75’s (some boosted sub bass perhaps). Would you mind describing some of the differences you noticed between the two. Thanks!
Sorry I missed the question. The PX8's arrive today. I'll do another comparison soon and respond to the question. Have your MW75's arrived? What do you think?

Dec 7, 2022 at 2:47 PM Post #2,562 of 5,215
Hey! Did you ever get this resolved?
Funny thing is I'm listening all day already on the supposed 28% and 'battery low' light on. A couple of hours ago the battery popped back to 100% in my Bluetooth settings and the Bowers app.

This is starting to seem more like a battery calibration issue. I'm going to let it drain all the way now and see how it behaves after that. Fingers crossed

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-12-07-20-39-53-195_com.bowerswilkins.splice.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-12-07-20-39-53-195_com.bowerswilkins.splice.jpg
    268.6 KB · Views: 0
Dec 7, 2022 at 3:05 PM Post #2,564 of 5,215
Sorry I missed the question. The PX8's arrive today. I'll do another comparison soon and respond to the question. Have your MW75's arrived? What do you think?
I'm also comparing MW75 to PX8 atm pretty intensely. It's been somewhat slowed down by a mojo 2 that arrived though, but I'll get back on it...MW75 and PX8 have very different sound sigs!

Dec 8, 2022 at 12:14 AM Post #2,565 of 5,215
Yea, they just arrived yesterday evening! Switching back and forth between px8 and the mw75, what was immediately apparent to me was how much more forward the vocals and treble are on the 75’s. The px8 are so gentle with their vocal presentation which in comparison made them sound slightly recessed to my ears, but not at all in a bad way. Im someone that is a bit sensitive to sibilance, and became aware of a semi- frequent harshness (mostly in vocals) across multiple genres while listening to the mw75’s that is non- existent on the px8. It’s not glaring or all up in your face but it is there. For sure though, that trade off allows for increased clarity, and the impression perhaps of a slightly better sound stage. Also, the low end seems like a small step up from the px8 in my opinion but I’d consider its quality fairly comparable. Maybe a bit more textured, a little tighter, and tuned a couple decibels higher. I believe they make for an excellent, theater like sound experience while watching movies.

For music however, to my ears the px8 sounded fuller, richer, and a fair bit more all-encompassing. Put another way, maybe a bit more mature sounding, less digitized, and more true/ concert-ish, if that makes any sense. Songs just sound so effortlessly reproduced and smooth on the px8 with an added sense of depth my 75’s can’t quite capture. And its vocals hit my personal sweet spot of being revealing enough, but never venturing into hissy territory. It is worth noting though, that all of my listening was done on an iPhone 14 pro max with Apple Music through Bluetooth, so results/ impressions may differ from mine.

Ultimately, like others have said, I think that it’s especially true when it comes to these 2 particular pairs of headphones, that personal preference in sound signature will determine which of these is the better sounding headphone. For me, I was fairly certain after only a few tracks that the px8 had the superior sound for my ears, which was further solidified the longer I listened. But I could definitely see others preferring the brighter sound and vocal bite that the 75’s produce so well. Also that better defined low end that I think the px8 could benefit from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back