Bowers and Wilkins PX8 Wireless Discussion
Nov 13, 2022 at 1:36 PM Post #1,997 of 5,215
Saphir makes leather cleaner. It’s safe and extremely effective. Use the same one you’d use on a pair of high end leather shoes, it works wonders.
Thanks, I'll have a look. Not sure it its available here though... but fortunately I seldom have the need since I normally buy new.

Nov 13, 2022 at 1:42 PM Post #1,998 of 5,215
Fairly random question: does it matter whether you store your headphones flat or on a stand?
Yes. If you store them flat you dont have to buy a stand :)
Well, in theory the headband or the cups could be formed by how you store them, like if they hang on a too narrow hook or lay in a weird angle so the cups get compressed over time. But if you fold the cups perfectly flat and place them on a shelf it should be fine.
And I guess if you live in a weird climate it might be smart to store them in their case with a bag of silica gel.

Nov 13, 2022 at 1:47 PM Post #1,999 of 5,215
Thanks, I'll have a look. Not sure it its available here though... but fortunately I seldom have the need since I normally buy new.
It’s a French brand so I’m genuinely positive you will find it over there.
CCC62872-DA4A-4836-8F76-4AE16FA7189A.png

Nov 13, 2022 at 1:50 PM Post #2,000 of 5,215
They're actually grey and quite a bit darker in person than the renders/product photography from the B&W website.
I didn't know that! makes me regret going with the black just a tad more. Although from the pictures online the aluminium bits on the black one appear to be more bronze in colour but in hand they are definitely more dark grey with a touch of brown/bronze.

Nov 13, 2022 at 2:46 PM Post #2,001 of 5,215
Fairly random question: does it matter whether you store your headphones flat or on a stand?
Depends on the stand. Long term some stands create a point of high stress in the headband, in the case of some Focal headphones this can lead to snapping. I go for flat to be sure

Nov 13, 2022 at 2:56 PM Post #2,002 of 5,215
Depends on the stand. Long term some stands create a point of high stress in the headband, in the case of some Focal headphones this can lead to snapping. I go for flat to be sure
Would be such an agonizing anticlimax if that happened to a pair of Stellias…

Nov 13, 2022 at 3:28 PM Post #2,004 of 5,215
How is the sound comparison between Px8 and Px7 S2 using iphone as source or ipad through usb-c?

Some reviewers say that difference is negligible but maybe they are wrong…
I'm pretty sure theyre wrong. I went and tried PX7 S2 recently with PX8 onhand. They sound pretty different for a start, PX8 is clearer and more detailed. Px7 s2 sounded a tad fuzzy in comparison.

Nov 13, 2022 at 3:28 PM Post #2,005 of 5,215
How is the sound comparison between Px8 and Px7 S2 using iphone as source or ipad through usb-c?

Some reviewers say that difference is negligible but maybe they are wrong
Some reviewers are not very good, that’s for sure. Or the point of their argument is that for the premium you pay with the PX8 you should get a bigger improvement. But it is like always with headphones, marginal gains and diminishing returns, etc etc. And personal preferences. Some argue that PX8 is way worse than Momentum 4. Others go out of their way trying to convince the forum that the Airpods Pro 2 are superior to pretty much all the B&W cans.

I think there is a very audible difference between the two B&W siblings. There is more control to the base and better resolution overall. Also, the leather pads give a slightly better seal (for me), which actually makes a difference. That said, if my primary use case was listening on the go, or I didnt have some experience with quality hesdphones, I probably wouldnt care so much.

Then, dont get me started about the physical differences. Actually I think the PX7 S2 is a very well built headphone, but compared to the PX8 it almost looks like a cheap knock-off.
Even if you ignore the looks and how sturdy the PX8 feels, I think most people would find them more comfortable.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2022 at 4:10 PM Post #2,008 of 5,215
So, according to majority of comments of this thread Px8 are the best sounding wireless headphones currently available across all options/prices. Do you agree with that?
No.
I would say that the PX8 is ONE of the best wireless ANC headphones today.
I picked mine over Focal Bathys, Mark Levinson 5909 and actually also considerwd B&O H95 and Apple Airpods Max which are all good alternatives with various strenghts and weaknesses.

For me, my use case and preferences on sound signature and comfort, PX8 won. But don’t buy them without comparing with Focal or something else you know sounds good.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2022 at 4:11 PM Post #2,009 of 5,215
Yes. If you store them flat you dont have to buy a stand :)
Well, in theory the headband or the cups could be formed by how you store them, like if they hang on a too narrow hook or lay in a weird angle so the cups get compressed over time. But if you fold the cups perfectly flat and place them on a shelf it should be fine.
And I guess if you live in a weird climate it might be smart to store them in their case with a bag of silica gel.

Thanks! Good to know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back