Bowers and Wilkins PX8 Wireless Discussion
Oct 13, 2022 at 9:02 AM Post #646 of 5,215
Take it from someone who has two degrees yes, God only knows why I decided to get a masters as well in broadcast journalism you have a very natural speaking voice and you actually make pretty good reviews so
Thanks a lot dude! I'm glad some people found it useful. It was an interesting comparison to do

Oct 13, 2022 at 9:04 AM Post #647 of 5,215
Thanks a lot dude! I'm glad some people found it useful. It was an interesting comparison to do
Just a polite tip for if you ever plan on doing this again… Put your computer somewhere more to your center so when you look at your notes, it looks like you’re looking into the camera… You wouldn’t intuitively think to do that at first but it just makes it look like you’re staring at the camera when you’re really reading

Oct 13, 2022 at 9:15 AM Post #648 of 5,215
Yes, it was a great comparison. For the most part I largely agree with your conclusions. The differences are really eloquently described.

I definitely think if it wasn’t for the bargain price a few of us got the Bathys for it would be a no brainer which to keep, but at ‘only’ £400 for the Bathys it’s a relatively easy justification to keep both in my collection because of their unique differences.

Oct 13, 2022 at 11:16 AM Post #650 of 5,215
Hey! Thanks for the impressions. How do you think the ANC of the Px8's compare to the H95's? Also, how do you think the bass of the Px8's compare to the H95's? I haven't heard a single a wireless headphone (and to be quite frank, many regular closed/open back headphones under $2k) that compare with the bass of the H95 imo.
to my ears the Px8 have better bass extension and overall representation of sub bass in music

Oct 13, 2022 at 11:29 AM Post #651 of 5,215
Got my Px8 today. Finally been able to listen to a few tracks compared to my H95s. Sharing a few quick thoughts for those with H95s.

First comfort, the Px8 are far superior. Volume also significantly better.

Sound quality the Px8 just sound more organic and real. Better imaging and overall space between instruments and the vocals! Sound stage isn’t deep although wide left / right but with the space being presented so much easier to find and hear all layers in music. The H95s just sound more congested.

Waiting for my Bathys to arrive tomorrow but my H95s are definitely being sold.

Edited: fyi listening on iPhone 13 Pro Max Apple Music.

Great track is S.G. Goodman Teeth Marks. The raw emotion and space of the recording is so just there with the Px8.
Adding on. A lot written specially with the amazing review / video by @mainguy. Thought I’d offer up this specific example for those on the fence now I have my Bathys.

On Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats track “A Little Honey” ~0:53 seconds in trumpets kick in and the music gets much more complex. The Px8 pull the trumpets back (more depth) with a much more natural timbre. The Bathys, for me, are shrilling. It seems so dry with the trumpets also too forward.

The Bathys seems (my limited time) to present everything more equally but in its own distinct presentation. Significantly more “technical” like taking each instrument from the recording and presenting it separately.

The Px8 however present all the instruments at once taking the music as a whole. If that make sense. It doesn’t dissect the music rather presents it as we hear it in an audience.

This, to me, confirms what everyone is saying about the Bathys and why the Px8 just seem real and why I’m keeping them to replace my H95s along with better volume and ANC to boot.

I’m disappointed as I wanted to get into a new brand (Focal). My current desktop setup is Hifiman Ananda with Schiit Audio Asgard 3 and Bifrost 2. Can anyone recommend a wired Focal that would be good in this setup?

I got the Bathys from Headphones.com and didn’t realize I need to pay a 10% restocking fee (!) so hoping to recoup that with a wired set.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2022 at 11:54 AM Post #652 of 5,215
to my ears the Px8 have better bass extension and overall representation of sub bass in music

I don't have h95 with me anymore (and audio memory is very bad for everybody), but my memory about the bass extension is very clear. The h95 are having better low frequencies extension than px8, this meaning that the bass is going more low/deep in the frequency range than px8. The quality of the bass is difficult for me saying because I don't having h95 now but I think (from my memory) for the parts of the low frequencies the px8 is reaching is having better quality, more tight.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2022 at 11:56 AM Post #653 of 5,215
I don't have h95 with me anymore (and audio memory is very bad for everybody), but my memory about the bass extension is very clear. The h95 are having better low frequencies extension than px8, this meaning that the bass is going more low/deep in the frequency range than px8. The quality of the bass is difficult for me saying because I don't having h95 now but I think for the parts of the low frequencies the px8 is reaching is having better quality, more tight.
I agree with the “tightness” on the H95

Oct 13, 2022 at 12:16 PM Post #654 of 5,215
A question for those of you who have heard these and AirPods Max.

I love the look of these but I'm unsure whether it's a sideways move for my use-case. They're always used in the house (I'm a photographer so when I'm not out shooting I'm at my desk or wandering around the house). I listen via Spotify/Bluetooth either via an M1 MacBook Pro or iPhone 13 Pro. Bearing in mind I'm not using Tidal or even Apple Music Lossless, am I likely to hear a significant improvement with PX8's?

Oct 13, 2022 at 12:18 PM Post #655 of 5,215
A question for those of you who have heard these and AirPods Max.

I love the look of these but I'm unsure whether it's a sideways move for my use-case. They're always used in the house (I'm a photographer so when I'm not out shooting I'm at my desk or wandering around the house). I listen via Spotify/Bluetooth either via an M1 MacBook Pro or iPhone 13 Pro. Bearing in mind I'm not using Tidal or even Apple Music Lossless, am I likely to hear a significant improvement with PX8's?
This largely comes down to a question of what your particular head and brain and ears prefer in a sound signature… I’m not going to say these are night and day better in sound quality, but I think they are better with a completely different sound signature.

There’s ultimately means if you like the output of these, and you like the sound, and the warmth and the feeling you get from these headphones, and they are categorically better, but there are some people who like a more critical an analytical headphone, who may not prefer this to the AirPods Max

Oct 13, 2022 at 12:25 PM Post #656 of 5,215
Well…I’ve exchanged my Px8’s for…Px8’s lol. After seeing all the pictures it has been determined that I prefer the black. Just a sleeker look to me and for some reason I’m about it. 30 day exchange policy for the win.
Haha, I decided exactly the same. Sent back to tan - beautiful as they are, going with the black.

Oct 13, 2022 at 12:32 PM Post #657 of 5,215
Haha, I decided exactly the same. Sent back to tan - beautiful as they are, going with the black.
The black arms really sold it for me. Idk why it just looks so sleek with that. More of an elegant product. Not that the tan isn’t gorgeous, it’s just a bit too retro looking for me. Reminds me of 70’s/80’s wood paneled stuff, which is fine, luxurious, but I want the sleek black.

Oct 13, 2022 at 12:34 PM Post #658 of 5,215
The black arms really sold it for me. Idk why it just looks so sleek with that. More of an elegant product. Not that the tan isn’t gorgeous, it’s just a bit too retro looking for me. Reminds me of 70’s/80’s wood paneled stuff, which is fine, luxurious, but I want the sleek black.
Pretty much exactly where my head’s at.

Oct 13, 2022 at 2:56 PM Post #660 of 5,215
Quick question....I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max and sometimes use the Creative BT-W3 with my Px7 and Pi7....I think they sound better with aptx HD but maybe it's in my head. Any value of using these with the Px8? Mine arrive tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back