Bowers and Wilkins P5?
Jan 31, 2012 at 12:30 AM Post #3 of 11
Op, do a quick search on the forum. Skylab made a review, can be found here:
http://www.head-fi.org/products/bowers-wilkins-p5-mobile-headphones/reviews

Mar 7, 2012 at 1:10 AM Post #5 of 11
In my honest opinion . . . don't go with the P5's unless you are only going to be using them at your house sitting in a chair not moving (cause they are unstable as hell . . . you forget to speak the words yes and no instead of shaking your head and your headphones fall off . . . at least for me . . . and B&W touted these as portable *laugh*) and only listening to them for a short period of time as they are uncomfortable (though I don't like any of the on-ears I have tried as I think they are ALL uncomfortable). You may like them at first (as I did) but after a while you will start to like them less and less.

May 4, 2012 at 4:46 PM Post #6 of 11
I know that you probably already went ahead and bought the P5's but if you didn't and you're still considering them DO NOT BUY because Bowers & Wilkins has come out with a NEW pair of headphones: http://www.bowers-wilkins.com/Headphones/Headphones/P3/explore.html there is also a head-fi thread about these.

May 9, 2012 at 12:37 PM Post #9 of 11
I personally love my P5's style.  They stay on my ears perfectly and ARE very portable for me.  Also far more comfortable than most headphone I've tried.  I agree they are a bit warm for my taste and sound quality could be more impressive.  I'ts a trade off for function and design. The cord on them sucks.  The lambskin and metal design is the most beautiful I've seen, very minimalistic.   

All in all, I personally feel the design is the best of all I've seen.  I wish the sound was more impressive and the wire was massively better.  I would buy again as I absolutely love the style.

May 15, 2012 at 2:27 PM Post #10 of 11
I used to work for a store that carried these. I was pleasantly surprised. Sound quality was enjoyable, and the construction was awesome. I found the sheepskin or whatever to be extremely comfortable. 

May 15, 2012 at 3:53 PM Post #11 of 11
I used to work for a store that carried these. I was pleasantly surprised. Sound quality was enjoyable, and the construction was awesome. I found the sheepskin or whatever to be extremely comfortable. 

Agreed.

I owned the P5s for 8 months (I upgraded to the T5p) and I loved them except for the bass =/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back