Bought Ultrasone HFI-780, not satisfied
Feb 23, 2012 at 7:37 PM Post #16 of 22

Quote:
I'd wait to get used to the HFI-780's. Once your brain goes over to the sound signature, the bass in the beats will seem really flabby and obtuse. You'll begin to appreciate headphones with something other than bass (I can hear the bass influence the highs in the beats, that's appalling).

But if all you want is something that will beat the beats in the eyes of people that like Beats, good luck.

I had already sent them back when you posted, but thanks. I also didn't find them comfortable, so that helped in my decision in sending them back. I'm ordering the DT770's and an E11 later tonight, so any objections speak now!

Feb 23, 2012 at 8:21 PM Post #19 of 22

Quote:
a cheap alternative to beats is Sony XB500 and XB700. they are very cheap. give them a listen at your nearest best buy. i liked the XB500's bass, but it was too muddy for me for constant use. buy those..and show your friend what bass truly is (of course EQ it first :D )

Yes, I actually have listened to them, and came to the same conclusion. Maybe I'll just take him to Best Buy, and hide the price tag...
tongue.gif
 Gah, I hate deciding, I've sent back to headphones now... 
The first one (Ultrasone Pro 550) had bad cables
HFI-780, well that's what this thread's about.

Feb 23, 2012 at 8:31 PM Post #20 of 22
Compared to Beats, And the DT770's, how do these compare?

Any VMODA headphones, but especially these.

[size=1.7em] Audio-Technica ATH-PRO700MK2 [/size]

[size=small] [/size]​
[size=small]SRH750DJ[/size]​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
[size=small]Any headphones I'm missing? I really don't want to return them this time... I forgot to mention this, I will use these for games. I am by no means a professional gamer (I've been playing them for like 4 months) but they can't be crap headphones for gaming either, just reasonable...[/size]​

Feb 23, 2012 at 9:43 PM Post #21 of 22
All is said and done.

Ordered:
Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80
Fiio E11
Fiio LOD

My hopes. 
Comfortable.
Bassy.
Fun.
Good for gaming. (Maddog's headphone review for gaming said they were good!)

Feb 23, 2012 at 9:46 PM Post #22 of 22

Quote:
All is said and done.

Ordered:
Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80
Fiio E11
Fiio LOD

My hopes. 
Comfortable.
Bassy.
Fun.
Good for gaming. (Maddog's headphone review for gaming said they were good!)

. BURN THEM IN! haha i was able to try these new out of the box and let me tell you. these need burn in. i could tell it wasn't the headphone i was hearing..wow. the bass was a bit muddy but overal a little too tight and controlled..tight lipped basically and the highs were not harsh but it couldn't reach it woud start distorting and cracking in the high frequency region when i first got these. don'tr go FULL BASS when you get these. i used with E17. don't go bass boost on E11 and just whip them out. slowly burn them in! then you can start doing it. :D it massages your head pretty nicely. if the bass still isn't enough it means ur a total bass head and you need to save $30 and get an XB500 for use when you don't want audiophile sound :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back