Bought Radiohead: Ok Computer
Apr 4, 2004 at 3:26 AM Post #16 of 49
Quote:

Originally posted by Braver

musically, I agree they might be the best band of the last decade. besides the fact they're terribly hyped. I guess if you can really get into Radiohead or not depends on whether or not you can relate to Thom Yorke / deal with his voice.

I can't.

I will second that advice. But, Mr. PD, there is so many internet ways to hear/test his voice BEFORE spending your money....
biggrin.gif

Amicalement

Apr 4, 2004 at 3:43 AM Post #17 of 49
Quote:

Originally posted by genetic
I will second that advice. But, Mr. PD, there is so many internet ways to hear/test his voice BEFORE spending your money....
biggrin.gif

Amicalement

Yes but Radiohead tend to be about the albums. If PD goes and tries out say one or two tracks he'll prolly stumble on Creep & Paranoid Android, and while those are great songs they wouldn't be giving RH a good chance.

Apr 4, 2004 at 3:49 AM Post #18 of 49
Quote:

Originally posted by NightWoundsTime
Yes but Radiohead tend to be about the albums.

On that we agree 100%. But at least he will know for sure if he likes or not the voice of the singer. I like the music of Rush but I cant/wont deal with the voice of the lead singer.

Amicalement

Apr 4, 2004 at 4:51 AM Post #19 of 49
like groups like the vines and the strokes aren't hyped beyond belief themselves. anyway who pays attention to hype and critics. critics are like second a**holes, who needs one? plus if the hype fits, wear it.

edited by Moderator for language

Apr 5, 2004 at 7:33 AM Post #20 of 49
Quote:

Originally posted by genetic
biggrin.gif

Amicalement

Ah, yes. But I have a money back guarantee.
biggrin.gif

I picked up The Bends yesterday on the way to work. I've listened to it twice. If I were to stop here, hoges would be getting another copy of The Bends. But in the interest of fair play, I am going to give it some more time. I kind of like a couple tracks, and a couple others may never grow on me. We'll see after a week or so.

Apr 5, 2004 at 10:32 PM Post #23 of 49
Quote:

Originally posted by boodi
I'm following this

me too! great stuff!

Apr 6, 2004 at 2:56 AM Post #24 of 49
The two songs that really won me over on The Bends were: (1) Fake Plastic Trees and (2) Street Spirit.

'High and Dry' and 'Just' are also great as well. And then the rest of the album also kicks a decent amount of ass.

Apr 6, 2004 at 4:09 AM Post #25 of 49
yah...loveless is the next step....then maybe sonic youth's daydream nation....then go for sigur ros' agaetis byrjun...and then godspeed you black emperor's lift your skinny fists like antennaes to heaven...and then....hmm...how bout...a charlie brown christmas soundtrack
biggrin.gif

Apr 6, 2004 at 4:23 AM Post #26 of 49
PD, just so you know even though i am the biggest radiohead apoligist on the board, it took awhile for me to warm up to their music as well, i just didn't "get" ok computer for awhile but now it's one of my favorite albums of all time, behind the bends of course, blessingx where the hell are you? i'm waiting to put my average in my sig.....

Apr 6, 2004 at 4:48 AM Post #27 of 49
Current standings (8/02 till present):

"Radiohead" mentioned once every 7.47 days.
"Bends" mentioned once every 21.0 days.

"Bends" appearance average has increased enough to decreased ratio by nearly two whole days since last poll (3/11). Congratulations.

worm.gif

[size=xx-small]Please note: This graph has nothing to do with fyrfytrhoges or Radiohead.[/size]

Apr 6, 2004 at 4:53 AM Post #28 of 49
YUP!

Radiohead officially rules in my book!

Currently I have Hail to the Thief and Ok Computer, but next on my list is....yup, you guessed...BENDS!
biggrin.gif

Anywho, I thought I would share my great admiration for this awesome band!

BTW, Hail to the Theif is their most recent album, correct?

Apr 6, 2004 at 8:47 AM Post #30 of 49
You will never know
cool.gif

I got the OKC first 4 years ago, blown away by it immediatly. The next day i bought The bends.. doh, sorry, I found it bored.
Than I immerse myself into OKC, and go to their gigs.. OMG, the songs in the bends rocks live!

After almost a year of listening to HTTT, here is my rating of their albums/EP:

1. OK Computer
2. HTTT/Airbag EP
3. The Bends
4. Kid A
5. Iron Lung EP
6. The Live Recording
7. Amnesaic
8. Pablo Honey

Users who are viewing this thread

Back