bought headphones but pay pal held the $$$ what should seller do?
Mar 21, 2011 at 12:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

AndrewG

CAUTION: Incomplete trades
Aka: Boxboxbox
I bought headphones off someone here but he said pay pal is holding all the $$$ and 'investigating' it. so he said he won't send until pay pal is done 'investigating'... it's probably a week and a half by now. what is the proper course of action. is it alright that the seller isn't sending. all I know is I'm out of my $$$$

Mar 21, 2011 at 12:42 AM Post #2 of 4
Have you checked your own PayPal account? If payment is being held, they will let you know.

If PayPal isn't holding your funds, open a dispute right away.

Mar 21, 2011 at 9:24 PM Post #3 of 4

Quote:
Have you checked your own PayPal account? If payment is being held, they will let you know.

If PayPal isn't holding your funds, open a dispute right away.

Yeah, thats weird. 

I always get fast responses from them, max 24 hours. 

Mar 21, 2011 at 11:34 PM Post #4 of 4
Call paypal and tell them to fix the problem for you.  The same thing happened to me because I got a new computer and somehow paypal was able to track that, and they didn't know if someone else was trying to withdraw money from my account.  I just called them up and they transfered the money over immediately.  
If you haven't received a message though, it is also possible that paypal is placing a hold on the cash.  They often do this to new accounts.  I know that for new ebay accounts paypal will put a hold on the money for either 21 days or until the buyer leaves positive feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back