Bought a NEW Shure SE215 for 37$ from china
Jan 27, 2016 at 1:13 PM Post #76 of 91
  Hi guys, found an interesting discovery on this Shure SE215 with unconnected line

there is one local audio shop that sell the Shure 215 SPE with the unconnected line, but there is a seal of authenticity

they even provide the local distributor warranty card and receipt from the Japanese distributor hibino intersound (and checked that it's legit) http://www.hibino-intersound.co.jp/

There are seals from their local store and distributor, scratched the code and check it on the Chinese commodity information verification (and a little google translate)

Okay this is getting more interesting, and I took closer inspection to the item

Good printing, quite different than the fakes I saw on taobao and aliexpress, they come up with set of good quality accessories just like the one that the "connected line" one
And there is one year warranty

Out of curiosity, I invited my friends that have a "connected line box" Shure 215 SPE that was bought in Jaben and aliexpress 215 SPE to have a head to head listening

The result is quite shocking, this one sounds exactly like "connected line box" Shure 215 SPE and different than the aliexpress one
Aliexpress have a somewhat similar tune but don't have enough depth and clarity, it's like 10/10 to 7/10 difference

It's quite unique though, the one with the seal sounds exactly like the "connected line box" SPEs although it has a difference on the box
maybe because of different version on the box and the box is being copied as template?

How much was that? :) sounds interesting. another version :)

Jan 30, 2016 at 12:25 AM Post #77 of 91
bought it in local audio store in Indonesia with price of $100 ($20 discount)

small Chinese distributors ordered them in quantity and most likely the local audio store grabbed this from the Chinese distributor

well, really sure this one is legit and this audio store has good distributor that gave them good bargain price

Feb 25, 2016 at 12:26 PM Post #78 of 91
Very informative and entertaining. You guys are really Sherlocks. Here's a little contribution myself, partly taken from https://carousell.com/p/26730977.
In addition to what 's already been said:
- the box must have 3 text lines (probably only European version)
- the transparent version has red and blue dots
- the black connector of the blue version has a rugged surface (so bakakuma's well paid copy is probably fake too)
- the dot under the relief letters L and R is about 3/4 the width of the letters
- hard to verify but the original has kevlar reinforced cables, the fakes probably not
- not a fact, but a thought: as some users report a fading print, might it be that genuine ones have a varnish and fake ones don't?

So we already knew, you have a fake one when you pay37 $, but paying a 100 is no guarantee you have the real deal - and that is truly sad (or should I say stupid?; the only way to avoid this is to join an official dealer).

Unfortunately the main question - is there a difference in sound quality? - remains a bit unclear; I hear too many different opinions, but the land of the disappointed seem to me crowded with 100 bucks slappers. After all when you pay 37$ and it sounds like a 37$ earpiece no one should be offended.

So let's scrutinize it some more. If someone has a 'suspected' unit, and it's worn out or broken, you might as well open it and compare parts with the original (photo's of the original parts can be found on the net). Maybe that could shed some more light.

I'm interested because i'm thinking of buying a Shure SE215 myself (don't know yet if I go for the real or fake one). Other candidates are the Klipsch image s4 and r6.
Has anyone experience on a road bike with these? (I have a very mediocre Philips SHE3900 right now).

Mar 12, 2016 at 8:30 AM Post #79 of 91
Finally I bought the Shure SE215 myself (at CoolBlue, so definitely genuine). They are indeed fantastic, especially indoor. They produce a rich, very neutral and detailed sound, a real pleasure to listen to. Listening to Fleetwood Macs Angel (Tusk) turned from an okay song into real ear candy.  Every now and than I return to my Philips SHE3900 to experience a real shock (it seems that downgrading has more of an impact than upgrading). If I wear these more than an hour, I always get a little annoyed, but I could listen to these Shures all day. These Shures are four times the price but it is very nice to experience it really pays off.

Fitting was initially a bit of a problem. It took a mirror and four minutes to get them in. But after a day that was reduced to a few seconds. Initially my left ear hurt after wearing more than two hours, not spontaneous, but when touching the device and giving it a slight pressure with my finger. But after a few days that went away. Wearing in a helmet is no problem either. My only complaint is that the bass tends to flutter away a little in outdoor circumstances, f.i. on a roadbike. The foam buds preserve the bass the best but still there is some loss.
So I guess 'm satisfied, but now I've got a taste for it, I'll have a try with the Vsonic GR07 bass.

Mar 20, 2016 at 4:17 AM Post #80 of 91
Hello everyone .
Sorry, for my English.
I have a Koss Porta Pro and Sennheiser CX 400 II
Recently I bought a Shure Se215 Cl on ebay.
The seller was this http://www.ebay.com/itm/291676964170
I was quite disappointed with the quality of the phone .It has no "bass". The "high" is shrill. I paid $ 30 in "Sennheiser CX 400 II" and I think the quality of it higher than the Shure Se215 Cl.
Is there something wrong? perhaps the Shure Se215 Cl be a "fake"?
I took some prints of my phone.
Someone tell if it is fake or genuine?

this images : http://imgur.com/a/8Hq7x

Apr 2, 2016 at 7:37 PM Post #82 of 91
There are some ways to get shure earphones directly from factory with a pretty low price (shure is mainly manufactured in China) so if you have a friend who has a pair of 215 you can compare between these two. That may be the best way to tell whether it is fake or not.
Or if you don't have a original one to compare with, if you can hear smooth and obvious vocal then it is likely to be original. 
Actually if you like the sound it makes little difference whether it is original or not at $37...
Hope that helps :)

Apr 7, 2016 at 1:11 PM Post #83 of 91
Hi guys, found an interesting discovery on this Shure SE215 with unconnected line

there is one local audio shop that sell the Shure 215 SPE with the unconnected line, but there is a seal of authenticity

they even provide the local distributor warranty card and receipt from the Japanese distributor hibino intersound (and checked that it's legit) http://www.hibino-intersound.co.jp/

There are seals from their local store and distributor, scratched the code and check it on the Chinese commodity information verification (and a little google translate)

Okay this is getting more interesting, and I took closer inspection to the item

Good printing, quite different than the fakes I saw on taobao and aliexpress, they come up with set of good quality accessories just like the one that the "connected line" one
And there is one year warranty

Out of curiosity, I invited my friends that have a "connected line box" Shure 215 SPE that was bought in Jaben and aliexpress 215 SPE to have a head to head listening

The result is quite shocking, this one sounds exactly like "connected line box" Shure 215 SPE and different than the aliexpress one
Aliexpress have a somewhat similar tune but don't have enough depth and clarity, it's like 10/10 to 7/10 difference

It's quite unique though, the one with the seal sounds exactly like the "connected line box" SPEs although it has a difference on the box
maybe because of different version on the box and the box is being copied as template?

I've just got the exact same version as urs. Wonder whether it's really the real stuff?

Jul 2, 2016 at 7:52 AM Post #84 of 91
Bit late to the party, but I received my 'faux' Shures from Aliexpress today ... Naive me had no idea I had ordered 'fakes' ... i bought them not seeing a logo and because they reminded me of the Japanese edition of the Shures, and I have had some good experiences with Chinese budget earphones. 

And overall I am very impressed. Can't say I have Golden Ears (more like Brass), but they make me happy, and maybe some day I can compare with originals .. i'd love to have some Golden Ear do a blind test. Those deffo do not sound cheap. Lots of detail, enough, not overly bassy (still would consider it a 'fun' IEM. The memory foam tips make for a GREAT seal .. I had actually ordered 3 more generic pairs of those. They are awesome. 

Can't say I am totally down with this fake business, nor do I hope that those are stolen ones (now, that's just bad karma). But I think the 35$ I paid are a fair price for those. 

The printing on my box is better than the example up there (seems the producers have learned about that within the last year.) no slanting, no interrupted line, still not totally centered. Love that it comes with a matching pouch. 

Oct 28, 2016 at 10:35 PM Post #85 of 91
[/IMG]
Is this package authentic?

Dec 17, 2016 at 11:52 AM Post #86 of 91
Hey , i recently bought the similar product through a local online site. Listened to it and had my doubt whether it was authentic or not. Its the same as what you posted but mine had a "connected line" . I did some googling and some said that replica product had the " SPECIAL edition" box super close to the edge and at the bottom of the box where the serial number is , there will be a silver sticker stating " PAT.PEND." 

So i really do not know whether its a replica or authentic product , with all the cards and stuff provided just like yours. My ear said that they are replica as it didnt have the wow factor to me with such great reviews online or maybe it doesnt suit my ear.

Please help , i need a answer whether they are replica or authentic.. 

Apr 5, 2017 at 2:02 PM Post #89 of 91
Hi everyone, made an account here to check in on what I know about these SE215s.

First, a bit of background info:

Taobao is an online marketplace in China, similar to that of Amazon for America. There are many vendors, individuals or official companies, that market their goods for sale on Taobao.

Now, here is the listing for what I believe to be (one of) the source(s) for those SE215s that everyone is talking about in this thread.

Here is my translation of the product description for this listing:

"This batch of SE215s has an issue where the cable detaches from the drivers, poor connection, et cetera, caused during production or after usage/returns. They can be taken as returned products. All of them had their original drivers removed, everyone knows of Shure's quality, so the casings were all scrapped, and replaced by new casings that have no serial number. The sound quality is the same, the price is very low, and once these are gone, they're gone. You might ask, why is the black one a bit cheaper, and that's because the black casings are the earliest ones, and may have some slight imperfection, a slight gap, but not visible unless you inspect closely, so it's cheaper by 10 yuan. It doesn't affect the usage at all, and blue is the latest casing with the best quality, and is limited edition, so it's a bit more expensive. The three colors (black, transparent, blue) have the same sound quality. Buying and we'll throw in rubber pads, memory foam, and a earphone bag."

Now, I can't speak for the veracity of this product description. However, I'm in China and have purchased a pair, so I'll be able to judge personally whether they're worth the price. And the price is awfully low.

At the end of the day, regardless of whether something is "authentic" or not, the most important thing is whether you like them for the price you paid, in my opinion. Having legit internals would certainly make me feel way better, but as there's zero chance for me to verify such a thing, it's irrelevant for my considerations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back