Bought a NEW Shure SE215 for 37$ from china
Nov 13, 2015 at 2:12 AM Post #61 of 91
At least chinese are honest!! 
ph34r.gif

biggrin.gif

Nov 13, 2015 at 9:01 AM Post #64 of 91

This thread is like black hole no way out hahaha

Well.. That the aliexpress SE215 are fake we know from a lot of factors (box, serial number missing etc..)
Most of the chinese sellers when you say the sentence "is original" they misunderstood the words and they think that you mean if the product is the exact copy of the original.
I know sounds tricky but this is their logic... Or the simple reason is that you found a dishonest seller..
Lots of time i saw on aliexpress chinese reproduction of original models made really bad..
And even in front of the evidence they keep telling you that the product is 100% original even if a blind person can see that it's fake...

Nov 13, 2015 at 10:49 AM Post #66 of 91

Well.. That the aliexpress SE215 are fake we know from a lot of factors (box, serial number missing etc..)
Most of the chinese sellers when you say the sentence "is original" they misunderstood the words and they think that you mean if the product is the exact copy of the original.
I know sounds tricky but this is their logic... Or the simple reason is that you found a dishonest seller..
Lots of time i saw on aliexpress chinese reproduction of original models made really bad..
And even in front of the evidence they keep telling you that the product is 100% original even if a blind person can see that it's fake...

What if a copy of a product performs better than the original????? Granted that it isn't that common that a low priced copy performs better than the original, although it has happened a few times. Then the question becomes why does a company that can make high quality low priced items feel a need to copy the product of another company???????

Nov 13, 2015 at 7:10 PM Post #67 of 91

What if a copy of a product performs better than the original????? Granted that it isn't that common that a low priced copy performs better than the original, although it has happened a few times. Then the question becomes why does a company that can make high quality low priced items feel a need to copy the product of another company???????

I'm sorry... when i questioned about the sound quality in my comments?!
Sometimes i don't really understand you.. You see or say things i never said.
Just yesterday night, while i was surfing on the net, i found counterfeit SE535 at 150$ made with a double balanced armature, damper branded Knowles, and something like a DIY really bad looking crossover. I was surprised and it probably sounds great but who knows... Also assembly and QC it's a crucial point to determine the results of final product.. And these parts are always missing in chinese products.

And to answer your last question..
There are plenty of reasons to copy a products already on the market instead of making a new one by your own brand...
One of the most important is the easy salability.
And if you are a dishonest seller you can sell to the first inexperihenced buyer a fake product saying that it's original making a 200% profit on it...
And hosseiin1190 is a living example... he spent over 100$ for fake SE215 like many others are probably doing in this right moment. And it's unfair from my point of view..

Anyway there are lots of factors to buy cheap fake products like palatability, aesthetics etc.. And everything depends from the person..
However reasons are thousand and honestly it's not the right place to talk about psychological marketing etc..

Nov 13, 2015 at 7:29 PM Post #68 of 91

Why not add fuel to the fire of a pointless argument by bringing in race and nationality and threatening another's integrity ? Well done "for Shure" 
blink.gif
(applause).

Why would i do that? Don't tell me that it's just because i said "at least chinese are honest"!!!!!
You just dwelt and focus on the word "Chinese" rather than the meaning of the sentence in the context of the discussion? I hope not because it would be impressively a shortsighted point of view...

It's not my fault if the product it's made in china and the sellers (with whom i talked also) are chinese..
If in the future counterfeit products will be made in India and i will ask to an indian seller i will say "at least indians are honest!!"

Geez guys... it's possible that you must see the rot everywhere?!

Nov 13, 2015 at 7:31 PM Post #69 of 91
As an IP attorney, I deal with this kinda stuff all the time.  It gets old.  For the engineers and other workers at companies being counterfeited while trying to feed their family and companies trying to stay in business, it is harmful.   These copy-cats can easily make a good product and don't need to use the trademarks.  My biggest grip is copier never innovate.  They just make poor copies or sell out the back door.   There is room for copiers in the world, but don't use other people's IP.  Shure uses the profit (some of it) to innovate new and better products. 

Jan 25, 2016 at 9:48 PM Post #72 of 91
Im just wondering if there is still difference sound with the special edition bue vs the white and black? Im hoping someone will reply. I've been eyeing on this fake shure because it has wonderful reviews over the net. thank you!

Jan 26, 2016 at 4:25 AM Post #73 of 91
  Im just wondering if there is still difference sound with the special edition bue vs the white and black? Im hoping someone will reply. I've been eyeing on this fake shure because it has wonderful reviews over the net. thank you!

hey
i have one
yea, these sound good (for their price) but never trust fake producers. they don't care about u & music, they just want money !
buy a genuine & enjoy it  :)
+ where did u read those wonderful reviews ?!

Jan 27, 2016 at 4:08 AM Post #74 of 91
Hi guys, found an interesting discovery on this Shure SE215 with unconnected line

there is one local audio shop that sell the Shure 215 SPE with the unconnected line, but there is a seal of authenticity

they even provide the local distributor warranty card and receipt from the Japanese distributor hibino intersound (and checked that it's legit) http://www.hibino-intersound.co.jp/

There are seals from their local store and distributor, scratched the code and check it on the Chinese commodity information verification (and a little google translate)

Okay this is getting more interesting, and I took closer inspection to the item

Good printing, quite different than the fakes I saw on taobao and aliexpress, they come up with set of good quality accessories just like the one that the "connected line" one
And there is one year warranty

Out of curiosity, I invited my friends that have a "connected line box" Shure 215 SPE that was bought in Jaben and aliexpress 215 SPE to have a head to head listening

The result is quite shocking, this one sounds exactly like "connected line box" Shure 215 SPE and different than the aliexpress one
Aliexpress have a somewhat similar tune but don't have enough depth and clarity, it's like 10/10 to 7/10 difference

It's quite unique though, the one with the seal sounds exactly like the "connected line box" SPEs although it has a difference on the box
maybe because of different version on the box and the box is being copied as template?

Jan 27, 2016 at 1:12 PM Post #75 of 91

hey
i have one
yea, these sound good (for their price) but never trust fake producers. they don't care about u & music, they just want money !
buy a genuine & enjoy it  :)
+ where did u read those wonderful reviews ?!

actually i was referring to the fake ones. im really curious about this product because i already tested the authentic. :) thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back