Bought a NEW Shure SE215 for 37$ from china
Oct 12, 2015 at 11:11 AM Post #31 of 91
they me one of
  there is these http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Europe-and-America-SE215-Wired-3-5MM-Hifi-Stereo-In-Ear-Earphones-Noise-Cancelling-Bass-Headphones/32471304028.html?ws_ab_test=201556_10,201527_1_71_72_73_74_75,201560_9

and also http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-Hot-Sale-SE215-Earbud-Sound-Isolating-Legendary-Performance-Headsets-With-Enhanced-Bass-Earphones-With/32473521676.html?ws_ab_test=201556_10,201527_1_71_72_73_74_75,201560_9

and might be a few others as well

they are definitely fake  :D
why did you buy them ?
although i think  i bought on of them for a REAL PRICE :frowning2:
if i saw this before, never bought them from an online and unknown shopping store !

Oct 12, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #32 of 91
ahhh i didn't buy them(don't plan to. although i may get the actual ones from amazon). I was waiting to see what other people said first.

But at 37 bucks it's still not a bad purchase even if it's fake, for people on a budget who just want some cheap IEMS for occasional use. nice cheap headphones for someone haha

Oct 20, 2015 at 7:24 AM Post #33 of 91
ahhh i didn't buy them(don't plan to. although i may get the actual ones from amazon). I was waiting to see what other people said first.

But at 37 bucks it's still not a bad purchase even if it's fake, for people on a budget who just want some cheap IEMS for occasional use. nice cheap headphones for someone haha

Like I said my impression/review is very subjective because best IEM I used is Sony mh1c.
But hell man these fakes I bought from aliexpress is so God damn good.
Tho more music I try with them I am more happier.
In other words I want to say that this is good buy no matter what.
I never felt so good bass like subwoofer in my ear.
Of course take this subjective but damn they dont sound bad at all I guarantee.

Oct 22, 2015 at 1:29 AM Post #34 of 91
My 215s have the white Shure brand mark almost gone on one side, fully there on the other.

These came from Amazon, sold by Amazon (not a reseller) about 2 years ago. No big deal to me, they sound better now than the day I received them.

Oct 23, 2015 at 2:36 PM Post #35 of 91
I decided to buy a pair of Aliexpress Shure SE215 Special Edition for £20. I will report back on how well it sounds compared to the official retail version (which my friend owns). I will also compare the quality of the accessories.

I think there is a 80% chance that the Aliexpress SE215's internal drivers are genuine (but the casing, accessories, box, and other components are possibly replicas, OEM, or reproduced). If you have ever browsed the taobao.com site, sellers there do sell factory-direct products like Knowles BA drivers and even proprietary Shure SE535 or Sennheiser IE80 drivers.

Oct 24, 2015 at 1:50 PM Post #36 of 91
Hi - I have some questions that someone might be willing to answer that have come to me after reading this thread please.

1 - Enhanced bass - what kinds of music suit enhanced bass? EDM, heavy rock? I'm not what I would call a bass head (thumping, pumping speakers madly vibrating), find if too much bass I get fatigued, headache etc (and so don't listen to EDM etc).Prefer the mids and highs. So should I avoid anything with advanced bass? As a quick reference, I always think 'Beats' are enhanced bass types.

2 - These in ears if any problems with the cables, you can unplug the cable to renew/change/upgrade while keeping your actual drivers that you've burned in nicely yes? What other good IEM's have the cables like this please?

I loved on one of your aliexpress links within the contract of sale legalise at the bottom, point 4 quote "The images shown are not the actual item and are for your reference only". I must say that living here, these are just the kind of items you would see available at the entrances of subways in a suitcase looking like knock off / stolen stock but are actually just good copies. But they could actually be genuine, just seconds that haven't passed QC for some reason.

Thanks.

Oct 28, 2015 at 4:44 PM Post #37 of 91
My 215s have the white Shure brand mark almost gone on one side, fully there on the other.

These came from Amazon, sold by Amazon (not a reseller) about 2 years ago. No big deal to me, they sound better now than the day I received them.

tnx for help
i thought that i only have this problem
i don't care too ,if they were genuine 
are you sure that yours are legit ?
are they special editions or normal ones ?

Oct 28, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #38 of 91
  Hi - I have some questions that someone might be willing to answer that have come to me after reading this thread please.

1 - Enhanced bass - what kinds of music suit enhanced bass? EDM, heavy rock? I'm not what I would call a bass head (thumping, pumping speakers madly vibrating), find if too much bass I get fatigued, headache etc (and so don't listen to EDM etc).Prefer the mids and highs. So should I avoid anything with advanced bass? As a quick reference, I always think 'Beats' are enhanced bass types.

2 - These in ears if any problems with the cables, you can unplug the cable to renew/change/upgrade while keeping your actual drivers that you've burned in nicely yes? What other good IEM's have the cables like this please?

I loved on one of your aliexpress links within the contract of sale legalise at the bottom, point 4 quote "The images shown are not the actual item and are for your reference only". I must say that living here, these are just the kind of items you would see available at the entrances of subways in a suitcase looking like knock off / stolen stock but are actually just good copies. But they could actually be genuine, just seconds that haven't passed QC for some reason.

Thanks.

1: headphones with enhanced bass just have more bass :D. they are good if you like to have more bass when you listen to musics . depends on the type of music that you listen to .
2: yes, the cables are changeable & these IEM's (Shure SE series) are the best .
i hope that i helped 

Oct 28, 2015 at 8:23 PM Post #39 of 91
  1: headphones with enhanced bass just have more bass :D. they are good if you like to have more bass when you listen to musics . depends on the type of music that you listen to .
2: yes, the cables are changeable & these IEM's (Shure SE series) are the best .
i hope that i helped 

Thanks for the feedback. I'll have to look into the series to see if any don't have 'Enhanced Bass'.

Oct 29, 2015 at 10:19 PM Post #41 of 91
tnx for help
i thought that i only have this problem
i don't care too ,if they were genuine 
are you sure that yours are legit ?
are they special editions or normal ones ?

Mine are the real McCoy, purchased from Amazon and registered with Shure. They have many hours of use on them but still sound great. I would like to have the SE535 and SE846.
Don't see either of those happening any time soon though.

Oct 30, 2015 at 12:13 AM Post #42 of 91
  I decided to buy a pair of Aliexpress Shure SE215 Special Edition for £20. I will report back on how well it sounds compared to the official retail version (which my friend owns). I will also compare the quality of the accessories.

I think there is a 80% chance that the Aliexpress SE215's internal drivers are genuine (but the casing, accessories, box, and other components are possibly replicas, OEM, or reproduced). If you have ever browsed the taobao.com site, sellers there do sell factory-direct products like Knowles BA drivers and even proprietary Shure SE535 or Sennheiser IE80 drivers.

Direct comparison: sounds like the best way to find out :) Keep us posted!

It seems weird to me though that Shure or indeed any company would sell their drivers separately from their headphones if they can make more money not doing so... 

Nov 3, 2015 at 12:03 PM Post #43 of 91
Sorry guys... I don't want disappoint all of you... 
But the SE215 available on chinese websites like Aliexpress etc.. at the low price of 30$ are just high quality counterfeit models.

However there are good news...
There is a korean guy that made a review + comparison between the counterfeit model of aliexpress and the legit SE215.

http://blog.naver.com/bumblebee08/220488126483

In short (for what i understood with google translator) he said that the counterfeit model sounds practically the same to the legit SE215!!!

And the only complains are about minors aesthetic imperfections imperfections related to the lack of QC (quality control).
For example the L and R printing is a little bit "faded" or the serial number imprinted inside of the IEM is missing or the ear tips that are not made of good quality as the original and in the end he make notice that the sealing of the IEM case is not perfect and bubbles can be noticed on the plastic surfaces (classic of bad sealing).
He posted really detailed pictures between the differences that make everything more easy to understand even if the review it's in korean...

Anyway for those of who are interested i copy and paste here the review he released in english on aliexpress:

Review rating - 4 stars of 5: ""Product is nice, but I think the condition of this earphone is random according to feedback ratings. Mine has no problem, but there is some scratches, exactly like an used product. If you seriously care about the condition of earphone, not recommended. Sound it self is almost same comparing to genuine one. But there is some difference comparing to the genuine ones. To have more information, go to http://blog.naver.com/bumblebee08/220488126483 I wrote detailed review of it.""

Nov 5, 2015 at 8:05 AM Post #44 of 91

Good point.. But i wouldn't trust so much to put counterfeit chinese ear tips inside my ear canal..
Especially colored and flexible plastic which are treated with several chemicals..
Chinese products are well known to be carcinogenic and most of the high quality counterfeit chinese products comes from mafia's controlled factories...
And of course last thing mafia's are thinking it's your healthy...

I suggest for anyone who buy them to throw away the counterfeit ear tips (which in the case of the counterfeit SE215 are made of bad quality and they break really easy) and buy new one certified or original.

Nov 5, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #45 of 91

Good point.. But i wouldn't trust so much to put counterfeit chinese ear tips inside my ear canal..
Especially colored and flexible plastic which are treated with several chemicals..
Chinese products are well known to be carcinogenic and most of the high quality counterfeit chinese products comes from mafia's controlled factories...
And of course last thing mafia's are thinking it's your healthy...

I suggest for anyone who buy them to throw away the counterfeit ear tips (which in the case of the counterfeit SE215 are made of bad quality and they break really easy) and buy new one certified or original.

I'm thinking you mean triad mafia is italian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back