Boston/N.E. Meet - Sunday, August 26, 2007 (it's actually in Marlborough)
Jul 31, 2007 at 8:29 PM Post #76 of 201
I would go, but its too far of a drive. Lincoln is like 150 min away.

Aug 1, 2007 at 11:19 AM Post #77 of 201
Looks more and more likely that I will be able to make it. I can bring:

(Old) Headroom Total BitHead
Modified Melos SHA-1 (which I'll try to sell off there)
K-Works Empowered PC
DH Labs Air Matrix and Silver Sonic RCA ICs

Maybe I'll auction off one of the pairs of cables for Head-Fi if people are interested... but I'm not sure yet.

Aug 2, 2007 at 7:21 PM Post #78 of 201
I should be able to make it. Since I'll be in Florida that week I'm not sure how much energy I'll have left. This may curtail the amount of stuff that I'll bring.

Ethan

Aug 4, 2007 at 2:44 AM Post #79 of 201
i really hope i get a car by then then i will try my hardest to be there.

Aug 7, 2007 at 7:15 PM Post #81 of 201
Another Marlborough meet! Terrific! Thanks so much for organizing it again. I'm looking forward to attending and I'll probably drag my wife Monika along as usual. As for gear, I'm uncertain at the moment. I'm contemplating an upgrade and if things arrive on time, I'll post again.

Cheers,
Tim

Aug 8, 2007 at 2:14 PM Post #83 of 201
Quote:

Originally Posted by andyshedd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are we really capping the meet at 12?

Where does it say anything about capping the meet at 12? I'm pretty sure we're already expecting more people than that. As far as I can tell this was a joke since we're getting 12 pairs of headphones from Equation Audio.
Quote:

Will we have a bigger room than last year???

It's the same room as last year, but we are working on better layout management.
Quote:

Anyone wanna a buy a gold Panasonic SL-J900 with matching gold Grado SR-325s? Anyone? Anyone??

No idea, bring them and find out.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 9, 2007 at 3:05 AM Post #85 of 201
I was half kidding about the cap but after hearing about all of the equipment everyone was bringing I wondered if there would be room for one more. Good to hear there will be a better room arrangement. Looking forward to coming down from Maine again. I'm driving if anyone needs a ride from Portland.

Aug 9, 2007 at 3:31 AM Post #86 of 201
I'll also be bringing my WooAudio WA6 tube amp, along with the GS-1.

By the way, are there any plans for a raffle or silent auction? If so I would like to donate a thing or two to help fund the meet.

Aug 9, 2007 at 11:42 AM Post #87 of 201
Are your parents still planning to attend?

We are all pretty busy just setting up to hold the meet, so have not planned in any auction or raffle over and above the EA headphone raffle.

Rather than rely on an auction, I am counting on the generosity of attendee donations to cover the cost of the meet. However, if someone has the experience and time to put together the sheets and help run a silent auction (you know who you are) that would be okay. Last meet's silent auction was a lot of fun, well, except for a certain weenie that kept out-bidding me.
wink.gif
Email or PM me if interested and we'll carve out the space.

Not having too many extra activities will allow more time to listen to gear and talk shop (or smack . . .
evil_smiley.gif
), as the time does indeed fly by.

Wow, the day approaches. Very excited about seeing you all again and just experiencing so much amazing gear in one spot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll also be bringing my WooAudio WA6 tube amp, along with the GS-1.

By the way, are there any plans for a raffle or silent auction? If so I would like to donate a thing or two to help fund the meet.

Aug 9, 2007 at 3:37 PM Post #88 of 201
Hey. I am interested in coming. Hopefully the wife will let me. It would be nice to be able to audition some amps and phones.Hopefully, there isn't a cap on attendees.

Aug 9, 2007 at 6:40 PM Post #89 of 201
Quote:

Originally Posted by headphonejunkie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey. I am interested in coming. Hopefully the wife will let me. It would be nice to be able to audition some amps and phones.Hopefully, there isn't a cap on attendees.

Hope you can come; you can always just bring the wife too.

For those with visitors, this is actually a great place to hold the meet because there is a sports bar, game room, hotel reception area with cozy chairs, and in general a good area to walk around; you're not stuck in one room the entire time.

And of course, as stated by my partners in crime, there's no cap on attendance. The more the merrier, unless I'm standing at the door having you wait cause we're so jam-packed.... 8~)

Aug 9, 2007 at 7:16 PM Post #90 of 201
If someone is willing to pick me up from the Fenway area, I would be much obliged. Please PM if you can. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back