Boston/N.E. Meet - Saturday August 26 (fine, it's actually in Marlborough)
Aug 26, 2006 at 5:44 AM Post #241 of 260
so here's the final list of stuff i'ma have with me

Senn PX100
280smile.gif

Koss UR-20
600smile.gif

AT CP8201 XLR -> 1/4 Adapter
cool.gif

Weather for Today:
partlycloudy.GIF

Chance of Rain, 70% chance of precipitation
70° F | 48° F What so cold

just in case anyone wanted to know
wink.gif

Aug 26, 2006 at 11:45 AM Post #242 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher
Oh, and I realized at 9:45 that I didn't have nearly enough RCA cables to setup my whole rig in one spot so I made two more pairs
biggrin.gif
, thank god for spare parts...

See you all in 14 hours or so.

N

There are also going to be some RCAs in the silent auction.
Oh wait, those are yours...
wink.gif

Aug 26, 2006 at 2:09 PM Post #245 of 260
I'm eating Frosted Cheerios, then I'll have a show, shave, brush hair and teeth, move the car out front, load it up and then head on off. Have the directions already printed and all my stuff labeled.

Aug 26, 2006 at 2:17 PM Post #246 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by JWolf
I'm eating Frosted Cheerios, then I'll have a show, shave, brush hair and teeth, move the car out front, load it up and then head on off. Have the directions already printed and all my stuff labeled.

I'm ready to go. Quick stop at Starbucks and I'm on my way!

See you gee..er, I mean guys there!
rs1smile.gif

Aug 27, 2006 at 12:33 AM Post #248 of 260
What a great day!!! My first meeting went really good.

First of all big kudos to Dave, Haj, and Nate for the organization. I will write my thoughts tomorrow, need to party tonite
smily_headphones1.gif

Onur

Aug 27, 2006 at 1:33 AM Post #249 of 260
Wow! What a great time!

The SinglePower setup and RSA setup were both absolutely beautiful! And the sound was just out of this world!

And what a pleasure it was to meet Ray and Mikhail! Simply indescribable! I was able to audition headphones that I had thought I would never get to see in person, let alone hear!

And those Head-Fi guys were actually nice to meet in person! Who would've thunk it?

Kudos to Dave, Haj, and Nate for the organization, everything went off without a single hitch!

Well, I'm off to put on my super.fi sampler CD, courtesy of HeadRoom. I better stop typing, I'm wearing out the exclamation point key!

I hope everyone makes it home OK, I can't wait to hear everyone else's impressions!

Aug 27, 2006 at 1:45 AM Post #250 of 260
Well I was brilliant enough to leave the house with my gear, headphones, camera, and directions to the wrong place. I went to 181 Boston Post Road (which is an embroidery store by the way) instead of 181 Boston Post Road West. I was also enough of an idiot to not bring the phone number or name of the place (Couldn't remember what hotel it was), so by the time I found my way back home (and realized that I was about 2 miles away from the place, and could've just kept driving on the same road), it was too late to go back. Hope everyone had fun, and hope to see you guys at the next one.

In the mean time some of us Boston area folks should get together. I have a decent speaker rig and wouldn't mind hosting a little head-fi get together.

Aug 27, 2006 at 3:14 PM Post #252 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsteinb88
stefan: that sounds awesome, i would be very interested in showing up, and i know at least one other person who didnt make it today would enjoy having even a mini-meet in boston.

If this happens and I am able to make it, count me in too.

Aug 28, 2006 at 2:19 PM Post #253 of 260
I couldn't make it to last weekend's big event, so I would also be interested in a Boston area mini-meet if it's on a day that I'm available.

A couple pieces of gear that I could potentially bring:
Dodson DAC-263 & AKG K1000

Users who are viewing this thread

Back