Boston Mini Meet March 19th
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 2, 2016 at 7:13 PM Post #32 of 72
Maybe we could set something up for that weekend.

Mar 2, 2016 at 7:52 PM Post #33 of 72
Mar 3, 2016 at 5:40 PM Post #34 of 72
CEntrance has gone radio-silent about my DACmini, so I'll probably bring my Maverick TubeMagic or my AGD NFB as a DAC with my Tisbury Audio CA1. I'll bring the PMx2s, and the LFF Enigmas, Paradox Slants, and Paradox Slants Starving student... maybe my HE-400s if they fit in the bag.

Mar 3, 2016 at 5:59 PM Post #35 of 72
Awesome Rynsin - would love to hear the slants and PMx2s. (not that any are slouches)

I've can bring modded HD800's, modded HD650's, and stock th-x00's and ZMF Blackwoods.

Amps I have a Lyr 2 (w/ lisst or tubes) or a bottlehead crack + speedball + other upgraded components

Sources - Gumby (+ wyrd) as main digital setup and a pupdac is anyone needs to borrow a source.

Can bring any or all depending on group interest. I am determined to show Rynsin difference tube rolling can make as he poked fun at it as a cumbersome form of EQ.

Mar 3, 2016 at 6:42 PM Post #36 of 72
I will bring my NAD Viso HP50 and AKG K7XX cans, APPJ PA1502A amp and a few tubes, and my NuForce uDAC-3. I might also bring my Project Sunrise III amp from work.

Mar 3, 2016 at 7:23 PM Post #37 of 72
If I can make it, I'll bring the TH-X00 ( @JoshMo guess we just may be lucky to have two of these under our mini-meet roof,
rolleyes.gif
) and the HE-400i. I'll also bring the m9XX DAC/Amp.

Mar 3, 2016 at 7:28 PM Post #38 of 72
As per my sig, I can bring the HE1000, Deckard, Gungnir Multibit, and Wyrd. The M50x, MDR7506 and SportaPro too if someone wanted to hear them, but I doubt it lol

Mar 3, 2016 at 10:02 PM Post #39 of 72
Awesome Rynsin - would love to hear the slants and PMx2s. (not that any are slouches)

I've can bring modded HD800's, modded HD650's, and stock th-x00's and ZMF Blackwoods.

Amps I have a Lyr 2 (w/ lisst or tubes) or a bottlehead crack + speedball + other upgraded components

Sources - Gumby (+ wyrd) as main digital setup and a pupdac is anyone needs to borrow a source.

Can bring any or all depending on group interest. I am determined to show Rynsin difference tube rolling can make as he poked fun at it as a cumbersome form of EQ.

I'd be interested. I also have a couple extra DACs if anyone needs one.

Mar 4, 2016 at 9:25 AM Post #40 of 72
Mar 8, 2016 at 12:52 PM Post #42 of 72
  Also interested, from Framingham MA with HD800, ZMF Vibro, Schiit modi/magni, Schit Mutifrost/Valhalla2.

Welcome! I've actually never heard the Val so I'm eager to hear it.

Mar 8, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #44 of 72
Updated the first post!

@JoshMo your HD800 has the newest rev SuperDupont resonators right? I made my own out of materials I had around the house so I'm interested to see how they compare. They tamed some of the spike left over by the Shure tip resonators.

Mar 8, 2016 at 2:54 PM Post #45 of 72
I am still waiting for the official Sorrodje resonators. I was lucky and am pretty high on the list. Last update I saw was a ready to ship, so hopefully they show up soon and I will have them by the meet. If not I will likely make my own and we can compare either way. I do have the cork mod and the newest rug liner installed - I thought these alone knocked the 6k peak down pretty well. The biggest difference I noticed is a can listen a bit louder (which brings out more detail) without the fatigue. If anyone has a stock HD800 and is interested, I have extra rug pad material.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back