Boston Mini Meet March 19th
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 8, 2016 at 3:01 PM Post #46 of 72
I am sorry for the late response but I will not be able to make it. Sad, as it looks like some great gear will be presented. I was looking forward to bringing my new Ethers to the mix...maybe another time...

Mar 9, 2016 at 9:11 AM Post #48 of 72
Has anyone done a head count for the 19th? Would be nice to give @Ishcabible a rough sense of how many people will be invading his personal space. Also useful if we need to bring additional tables or seating.

Gear list? @Rynsin set this up previously, but I am willing to make a stab at it. Do I start this?

Mar 9, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #49 of 72
Has anyone done a head count for the 19th? Would be nice to give @Ishcabible
 a rough sense of how many people will be invading his personal space. Also useful if we need to bring additional tables or seating.

Gear list? @Rynsin
 set this up previously, but I am willing to make a stab at it. Do I start this?

It's on the first post!

Mar 9, 2016 at 11:40 AM Post #50 of 72
If anyone is interested, here's a simple script I wrote to turn CSV files into a nice HTML table to post on Head-Fi. To  make the gear list for Nashua, I just maintained an auto-sorting spreadsheet and exported it to CSV whenever there was an update. 

Code:
 #! /usr/local/bin/python3 import glob def csv_to_html(fn, thInnerTag="strong"): toR = "<table style=\"width: 500px;\"><thead><tr>" rows = csv_to_rows(fn) first = next(rows) for c in first: toR += "<th>" if thInnerTag: toR += "<" + thInnerTag + ">" toR += c if thInnerTag: toR += "</" + thInnerTag + ">" toR += "</tr></thead><tbody>" cnt = 0 for r in rows: cnt += 1 toR += "<tr>" for c in r: toR += "<td style=\"width: 200px;\">" + c + "</td>" toR += "</tr>" toR += "</tbody></table>" return (cnt, toR) def csv_to_rows(fn): with open(fn) as f: for l in f: yield l.split(",") if __name__ == "__main__": for f in glob.glob("*.csv"): table_name = f.split("-")[0] c, table = csv_to_html(f) print("<h1>", table_name, "(", str(c), ")</h1>") print(table)

... and here's the Ruby script I used that calls this script in order to take a CSV file in the form username,gear,RSVP and generate the listing of yes/no/maybes with associated counts:

Code:
 #! /usr/local/bin/ruby puts `csv-to-html` name_list = `cat *.csv | grep -v Maybe | cut -d"," -f 1 | tail -n +2 | sort |uniq` name_list = name_list.split("\n") name_list.map! {|x| "<li>" + x + "</li>"} puts "<h1>Confirmed (#{name_list.length})</h1><ul>" puts name_list puts "</ul>" name_list = `cat *.csv | grep Maybe | cut -d"," -f 1 | tail -n +2 | sort |uniq` name_list = name_list.split("\n") name_list.map! {|x| "<li>" + x + "</li>"} puts "<h1>Maybe (#{name_list.length})</h1><ul>" puts name_list puts "</ul>"

Again, nothing too fancy, and probably not very helpful, but there it is... I started writing some PhantomJS scripts to automatically update the Head-Fi post, but I never finished.

Mar 9, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #51 of 72
Man - I'm late to the game, I should have checked there first. Looks like we are at 7 confirmed right now - with about 25 peoples worth of gear. Looking forward to things

Mar 9, 2016 at 2:50 PM Post #52 of 72
  Man - I'm late to the game, I should have checked there first. Looks like we are at 7 confirmed right now - with about 25 peoples worth of gear. Looking forward to things

Just added another person. He's bringing a GS1000i and LCD-X. I'm curious to see how that particular LCD-X sounds because I've heard a few and they've all sounded a little different from each other.

Mar 10, 2016 at 10:15 PM Post #53 of 72
Updated the list, and updated my gear.

Mar 11, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #55 of 72
Mar 11, 2016 at 6:19 PM Post #56 of 72
A friend is letting me borrow her L700 to compare to the 007A! Should be exciting. 

Mar 11, 2016 at 9:57 PM Post #57 of 72
Sounds like this is turning out to be quite the meet with Rynsin dropping by with the entire Enigma collection and you with a couple of e-stats, a HE1k, HD800's ZMF's etc. Big Sound East 

Mar 11, 2016 at 10:42 PM Post #58 of 72
Yeah, no kiddin. My ears are preparing to be completely overwhelmed...or not
cool.gif
(very, very likely the former).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back