Boston mini meet impressions (10/6)
Oct 8, 2006 at 4:29 PM Post #16 of 27
Thanks Najib. A great chance to meet more headfiers and sample different headphones. Saved me $$ on the akg's and the igrado's. Thanks to yikes (or no thanks
biggrin.gif
), I've been looking at headroom's desktop amp...

Oct 8, 2006 at 5:11 PM Post #17 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by nabwong
Hornet vs Go-vibe 5
I think the go-vibe 5 wasn't fully burned in. The difference wasn't great but still audible, the bass. The hornet's bass is tight and punchy. While the go-vibe's bass is good too, it is slightly flabby.

Go-vibe had about 90hrs burn in, the hornet i bought second hand so its definately above the 300hr mark.
Can't believe I almost traded my dt880.. poor baby, will you be happy with a recable? hm, i wonder if there would be a difference between the old pads vs new non-smooshed pads

Oct 8, 2006 at 6:58 PM Post #18 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
untitled1.PNG

I didn't realize the true fugliness of this thing till THIS pic... too bad it sounds like dog fart
frown.gif
frown.gif
no way I'm getting it now, at least not without demoing first. But.. in all seriousness its not targeting head-fi'ers as the intended consumer.

bummers!!

Sounds like a fun meet though

Oct 12, 2006 at 4:38 AM Post #19 of 27
*sniff*

Those are my RS-1's....

*sniff*

I miss them...but I'm glad to see they've found a good home...remind them that daddy still loves them even though I'm not around much anymore...

Oct 12, 2006 at 11:58 AM Post #20 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
I didn't realize the true fugliness of this thing till THIS pic... too bad it sounds like dog fart
frown.gif
frown.gif
no way I'm getting it now, at least not without demoing first. But.. in all seriousness its not targeting head-fi'ers as the intended consumer.

bummers!!

Sounds like a fun meet though

Yeah, the iGrado is even darker than I remember the PX100 being, I just don't like it that dark. portaPro is way sparkly-er in the high end.

question - I really enjoyed the W5000 at the meet, but its just a tad out of my price range. anyone know if the W1000 is an acceptable substitute? Same sound signature, bass response etc. I'd love to end up with one of those, or a Grado RSx sometime. Those were what really stood out to me.

Oct 12, 2006 at 2:12 PM Post #22 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by nabwong
Mark, the w1000 sounds really weird, in a bad sense i feel. They don't have the sparkle of the w5000.

aw, that's to bad. Oh well, gotta look elsewhere I guess.

Oct 12, 2006 at 5:13 PM Post #24 of 27
Quote:

45th anniversary phone sometime right?

If you are talking about the W5000, it isn't the 45th anniversary model. The W2002 is their 40th anniversary model. Muveling told me that number 4 is consider a bad luck to the Japanese, therefore, after AT released the L3000in 2003 (?)...they skipped the number and released the W5000 in 2005. I don't think there will be the 45th aniversary. If I'm still in this headphone game 5 years from now, it will be interesting to see what will be their Jubilee edition.

Oct 12, 2006 at 5:18 PM Post #25 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by purk
If you are talking about the W5000, it isn't the 45th anniversary model. The W2002 is their 40th anniversary model. Muveling told me that number 4 is consider a bad luck to the Japanese, therefore, after AT released the L3000in 2003 (?)...they skipped the number and released the W5000 in 2005. I don't think there will be the 45th aniversary. If I'm still in this headphone game 5 years from now, it will be interesting to see what will be their Jubilee edition.

By my post I meant that he could wait for the new 45th (if there was one).

So in the past was AT releasing a limited every 5 years?

Oct 12, 2006 at 5:22 PM Post #26 of 27
Quote:

By my post I meant that he could wait for the new 45th (if there was one).

So in the past was AT releasing a limited every 5 years?

Not sure. I believe the W11JPN was their first limited edition or the W11R. The W11JPN was released in 1998 and then W2002 in 2002...so I doubt that they do that every five years, prime example of that the W2002 and L3000 as they are not 5 years apart. At the beginnning I thought that AT will release the 45th also, but I later read some where that they will not do it. After all, they are not making that much money with these limited edition headphones.

Purk

Oct 12, 2006 at 5:46 PM Post #27 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by purk
Not sure. I believe the W11JPN was their first limited edition or the W11R. The W11JPN was released in 1998 and then W2002 in 2002...so I doubt that they do that every five years, prime example of that the W2002 and L3000 as they are not 5 years apart. At the beginnning I thought that AT will release the 45th also, but I later read some where that they will not do it. After all, they are not making that much money with these limited edition headphones.

Purk

Ah alright that makes sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back