Boston meet?
Jun 14, 2004 at 2:20 PM Post #18 of 50
i'm leaving early august, but i don't care much if I miss it. the only thing i would bring is the system in my Sig.

Jun 15, 2004 at 12:26 PM Post #19 of 50
Someone who has facilities has to bite the bullet. Pick a date, post the date, see how many people respond and proceed from there.

Jun 15, 2004 at 2:19 PM Post #20 of 50
I will volunteer next September if noone else does before that
icon10.gif

Jun 16, 2004 at 3:45 PM Post #21 of 50
How many people would be interested? Could we rent a conference room at a motel somewhere (or perhaps a church or community center)? If everyone who attends donated $10 it should pay for the space. If more than 20 people wished to attend it should be easy to pay for a space.

Jun 17, 2004 at 5:10 AM Post #22 of 50
I might be in Boston in September or October. Not sure exactly which yet but I'll be happy to attend and bring my gear if I'm around when the meet finally materializes. I will also bring beer.

Jul 11, 2004 at 12:09 PM Post #23 of 50
Okay, here are the details for my trip home.

I'll be coming back on Friday, August 6th but will be with my brother until he leaves for his new apartment at school on the 9th. I return to Israel on the 26th of August. Would anybody be interested in meeting during that time, perhaps on a Sunday?

I would bring the following gear:
Headphones: Alessandro-Grado Music Series Pro, Grado SR-80, Koss KSC-35, Etymotic ER-4S
Amps: Melos SHA-1 (slightly modded), Headroom Total Bithead (revised board)
Source: Sony D-EJ01 CD player (sold the Meridian already)
...and some cables. I can also bring a nice camera and some very nice beverages as well as cigars for those interested. :wink:

Jul 14, 2004 at 12:40 AM Post #24 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanG
Would anybody be interested in meeting during that time, perhaps on a Sunday?

I'm in! I'll keep an eye on this thread. Or PM me as the date draws near.

Jul 16, 2004 at 7:15 PM Post #26 of 50
I'm in, but I leave back for school in late August. Weekends work best for me. I can bring all the stuff in my profile, not a whole lot but I think some might be interested in it.

Jul 17, 2004 at 7:00 AM Post #28 of 50
If it's before august 10th, I can offer my fraternity's big basement room to do it. Its well lit and has plenty of power, and is right off the green line in brookline/allston.

I also could probably swing a room at MIT if people were up for it, but that is no guarrantee.

Jul 20, 2004 at 7:54 AM Post #29 of 50
I'm from New Orleans, but I'll be in boston till July 30th ... anyone still interested?

I'm a newbie so I don't have anything to bring of goodness, but I'd love to hear some good headphones, esp ones I can't find retail so i can hear them before ordering.

anyone? anyone?

-vasu

Jul 21, 2004 at 3:52 AM Post #30 of 50
it would probably be a good idea not to make it during the DNC, because it will suck to be in boston then (I'm actually leaving to go home for the week)...
Anyhow, I still think that late august or early september is really optimal for almost everyone that seems interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back