Boston meet?
Jul 27, 2012 at 1:26 AM Post #46 of 82
I went to the last Boston meet. Emooze did a great job coordinating everything, he'd definitely be a good person to ask for advice. The turnout was somewhat poor, but the quality was great and that meet is what caused me to shell out some pretty big bucks to upgrade my system. Definitely best to try and find a free place. If it weren't for a gracious anonymous donor, Emooze would have been a couple hundred in the red.

I've consolidated my collection to just a couple main headphones lately, so I can't bring a lot of variety. I can bring something like D7000 and some magnums though, if this meet is still going to happen.

Aug 4, 2012 at 12:11 AM Post #48 of 82
I'm still down.  I have a friend with an LCD-2, and I can bring my meager HD25-1 II and DT770... 

As for a place, I like the classroom idea.  Alternately, I'm happy to contribute toward renting something.

Someone set it up.  Build it, they'll come, etc.

Aug 11, 2012 at 10:42 AM Post #49 of 82
I would like to participate. I don't have much to offer considering I'm still new to the hobby, but I would love to hear what future options there are. Depending on when it is I might have some additional gear by then.

Sep 29, 2012 at 8:26 AM Post #53 of 82
Hey my local Head-fi'ers, I really don't post, but I've been reading the forums pretty much daily for a couple years now. I should really be more social with the community, because I thoroughly enjoy the site. I so wanted to attend the last Boston meet, but already had an advance comitment the same day. Hoping that I can join you all this time around. I could bring my hd650, ATH-M50, Crossfade M80, and e7/e9 combo.

Sep 30, 2012 at 9:14 PM Post #54 of 82
I'm interested as well 
wink_face.gif

Keep me posted.
I "could" bring Q701s and what not in my user page but if someone else can bring Q701s or nobody wants to hear them, what would be even easier. I would have a hard time protecting these on the train to Boston. 

HP:
Q701
HFI 580
SRH440
K422
HD215(Review Sample from Sennheiser, may get sent back by then)

Dunu DN17
MP8320
and maybe an IEM I am getting

---
Custom Objective 2 Amplfiier
Audio gd NFB 12.1
Arcam rPAC (Review sample from A and R Cambridge, may get sent back by then)
MIU Audio MRB
FiiO E02i
E5

And possibly a "Project H" if I get one or suppliment it by the time the meet may or may not come up or happen.
Project H is a project my thread is working on for affordable DAC and amp. It uses a Custom Objective 2 amplifier with Burr Brown op amps, a central Project H control PCB with microprocessor and controls for the switches with a CS4398 DAC and has USB and optical or coaxil in. It will probably be in a sleek box with nice custom design and the will also allow seperate DAC output and amplifier in with a switch utilizing a custom PCB and what not so while it can and is used as combined, it can be seperated as well with a switch. Cost is to be about $200 after EVERYTHING...so yeah....VERY cheap.

I'd prefer just to bring some specific products as I don't have a way to carry much or protect most of this stuff. 

If this happens early next year or sometime, depending on what I get, I may be able to bring a FiiO E12 or FiiO X3 if I get sent it before the meet 
wink_face.gif
 I guess if many beginners go. I could ask FiiO for units they may want to send ..but if its a small group then probably not.

Oct 4, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #55 of 82
If there are still people interested in having a Boston meetup, I go to Northeastern University and might be able to grab a lecture hall or something on a random day. Should I check with the powers that be?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back