Bose Triports used for Torture
Mar 20, 2006 at 12:24 AM Post #46 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by atx
I'm curious if you guys who hate triports ever owned one, or at least heard it for at least a week at home with an open mind (listening at Best Buy don't count).

Bose triports are cheaply made and overpriced, but they don't sound bad at all. They are extremely featherlight, very comfortable, and faithful to the Bose house sound-- i.e. they sound hollow and somewhat treble recessed (though I perceive this as warmth-- dt880 lovers may call it muddy, but to me the dt880 sounds too analytical and solid state without using a tube amp).

Anyway, it looks like Bose improved the triports. The plastic hands are now way thicker, since there's been soo many complains of them breaking after a few weeks.

So there. I like triports. Flame away.
biggrin.gif

They are very lightweight and comfortable, I will give them that. Soundwise they are very weird, they seem to supress detail in order to make lossy files sound "nice" and euphonic. They are listenable I suppose, but it seemed like they would get irritating after a short while.

Mar 20, 2006 at 12:25 AM Post #47 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by atx
I'm curious if you guys who hate triports ever owned one, or at least heard it for at least a week at home with an open mind (listening at Best Buy don't count).

Bose triports are cheaply made and overpriced, but they don't sound bad at all. They are extremely featherlight, very comfortable, and faithful to the Bose house sound-- i.e. they sound hollow and somewhat treble recessed (though I perceive this as warmth-- dt880 lovers may call it muddy, but to me the dt880 sounds too analytical and solid state without using a tube amp).

Anyway, it looks like Bose improved the triports. The plastic hands are now way thicker, since there's been soo many complains of them breaking after a few weeks.

biggrin.gif

Read the three pages of this thread, and then go to search --> advanced --> user name --> JaGWiRE, go through every one of my posts, and you'll see in like 20 of them I bicker about my experience with the triports.

Mar 20, 2006 at 12:26 AM Post #48 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by sxr71
I'd take the sharks anyday......

[size=xx-small]if I were in a cage[/size]

Did I forget to mention? Your in a cage, but your armed with apples included earbuds and a 5th generation iPod LOL.

Mar 20, 2006 at 12:29 AM Post #49 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by atx

biggrin.gif

*sigh*

Mar 20, 2006 at 12:34 AM Post #50 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
*sigh*

I'm just as clueless as you are. And I still can't believe people think they are comfertable, I wore them for a few hours at a time, and the pressure they put onto my head just killed me.

Edit :: I just realised, if I continously post at the rate I am now, in exactly the total of 30 days, aka one month (or 27 days from now) I will have 1000 + posts. I'm not really spamming either, of course not all of my posts are very useful. Oh well, on all the different forums i've been on, I must have a total of like I don't know, so many thousands of posts to say the least.

Mar 20, 2006 at 12:39 AM Post #51 of 54
Yeah, to me, when I put them on, the suction was just too spaceous for my ears, and I got dizzy after a few seconds, but forced myself to keep them on so I could properly evaluate their torturing methods to wanna-be audiophiles.
icon10.gif

Mar 20, 2006 at 12:41 AM Post #52 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by AtheisticFreedom
Yeah, to me, when I put them on, the suction was just too spaceous for my ears, and I got dizzy after a few seconds, but forced myself to keep them on so I could properly evaluate their torturing methods to wanna-be audiophiles.
icon10.gif

Praise the lord! Your the first person who used the word I was looking for "suction" to describe these phones, it must not be that I'm crazy, but that the headphones really do suck up your glandes and area around the ear, so that must be why I kept getting those ear infection pains the next morning.

Mar 20, 2006 at 1:02 AM Post #54 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter
so what you're saying is, they suck.

LOL, let's just say they weren't for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back