Bose Triport OE OR Bose AE2?
Feb 13, 2011 at 9:34 PM Post #2 of 6
Neither. For the same price, you could get the Grado SR125i's or SR225i's which are FAR superior. There are much better options out there for your money. I suggest reading around the forum and doing some research before settling on Bose.

Feb 14, 2011 at 12:38 AM Post #4 of 6
I also vote neither... Search around these here forums a bit, and you'll see that Bose is not actually the epitome of SQ as they would lead you to believe. 

Feb 14, 2011 at 7:36 AM Post #5 of 6
I'm no expert, but I've been around the forums long enough to give some useful advice, in my opinion.

I realize that Bose headphones are not the best bang for buck, but they do provide a unique set of attributes that not many other headphones do.
They're light for their size, they're closed, circumaural, portable, comfortable, and also small/stylish. Not many other headphones do all those things at that price range.
Not to mention, they sound good.

They probably don't sound as good as similarly priced models such as the ATH-M50 (which I own), Sennheiser models such as the HD25, some Ultrasone models, etc. But none of the previously mentioned do all the things Bose does with their AE line.

If you have money to spend and need a set of cans that are closed, comfortable, small, and stylish, Bose AE are the way to go. But I do believe that their OE line isn't the best choice.

And maybe the OP knew that Bose did not deliver the best sound quality but wanted what Bose offered, and narrowed his/her choices down to the OE or AE2 model.

Bottom line, my vote goes to the AE2. If you decide you like the OE better, there are better alternatives.

Feb 14, 2011 at 8:30 AM Post #6 of 6

Quote:
I'm no expert, but I've been around the forums long enough to give some useful advice, in my opinion.

I realize that Bose headphones are not the best bang for buck, but they do provide a unique set of attributes that not many other headphones do.
They're light for their size, they're closed, circumaural, portable, comfortable, and also small/stylish. Not many other headphones do all those things at that price range.
Not to mention, they sound good.

They probably don't sound as good as similarly priced models such as the ATH-M50 (which I own), Sennheiser models such as the HD25, some Ultrasone models, etc. But none of the previously mentioned do all the things Bose does with their AE line.

If you have money to spend and need a set of cans that are closed, comfortable, small, and stylish, Bose AE are the way to go. But I do believe that their OE line isn't the best choice.

And maybe the OP knew that Bose did not deliver the best sound quality but wanted what Bose offered, and narrowed his/her choices down to the OE or AE2 model.

Bottom line, my vote goes to the AE2. If you decide you like the OE better, there are better alternatives.

I second that.

I owned the OE (and sold it) and now own the AE2.
I like bass, but the OE killed it for me.

The AE2 is a vast improvement over the original AE (which I do like, except for the honkiness), being much clearer and more balanced.
Bass is laid-back, and the overall signature draws you into the music.

I guess, in that way, it does what it is designed to do: allows you to enjoy your music.

YMMV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back