Bose Triport in Ears with Total Headroom Airhead amp?
Aug 10, 2010 at 6:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

tachyon42

New Head-Fier
I have a pair of bose triports I purchased this year. I am looking to purchase an amp, and have been looking at total headroom's airhead amp. I am using a 120 gb ipod classic, and would be listening to mainly apple lossless files, and some 320 kb. Would an amp like this be too much for the triports? And could it push higher end headphones?

Thanks

*Edit* Here's a link to the airhead http://www.headphone.com/headphone-amps/amplifiers/headroom-total-airhead.php  At a hundred bucks I think its an okay deal, because my future headphones  would probably never exceed 300.

Aug 10, 2010 at 9:06 PM Post #3 of 6
Thanks for the info.

Wow, from what I found on this forum and the internet, the 60's have quite a following.

Bose wasn't my first choice...

Thats why I prefer money over gifts at Christmas

Aug 10, 2010 at 9:09 PM Post #4 of 6

Quote:
Thanks for the info.

Wow, from what I found on this forum and the internet, the 60's have quite a following.

Bose wasn't my first choice...

Thats why I prefer money over gifts at Christmas

You should be quite impressed. Best headphones for the price. Warning....they can be a gateway drug to better and better gear (they were for me
confused.gif
).

Cheers.

Aug 11, 2010 at 1:20 AM Post #5 of 6
I never hated my Bose Triports (not in ear) when I had them, but it's better to just invest in a new pair of headphones instead of buying the Total Airhead for the Triports.

The Total Airhead to me is worth every penny though. I just wish it was a tad more portable and less awkward to carry around. It's far better then the NuForce mobile and can actually power the HD-600! Barely though, but it's enough so that it actually HAS bass and sounds good!

It however will NOT power the AKG 701, maybe a little, but it's not a good match at all. This should be obvious though and I think NO portable amp could!

I accidentally blew up my original airhead due to plugging in the wrong adapter (don't ask!) and I liked it so much that I went out and bought the same one.

The Grado SR-60 might be good. I've owned the SR-80 for years and never felt like selling them despite never being impressed with them. I think for the price I payed, one could do far better these days. The SR-60 is maybe cheaper, but I haven't checked lately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back