Bose Triport IE's - impressions from users
Dec 27, 2006 at 3:47 PM Post #166 of 194
i have been using the ie's for several weeks. the comfort is second to none and the sound quality continues to improve. they have replaced my shure e5c's as my earphones of choice!

Dec 29, 2006 at 9:09 PM Post #167 of 194
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbgalg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i have been using the ie's for several weeks. the comfort is second to none and the sound quality continues to improve. they have replaced my shure e5c's as my earphones of choice!

so bose is no longer overpriced?

Dec 29, 2006 at 11:15 PM Post #168 of 194
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean.Perrin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Keep in mind that I took my pair back becuase they were just not for me. However, at least realise what you are trying before writing a review. These are not meant to compete with the E2s. THEY DON"T SEAL AT ALL AND PROVIDE NO ISOLATION!

Secondly, if you read other posts in here you would see that they require a lot of break in for their full potential to be realised... that muddy bass goes away.

Just because they don't seal doens't mean they aren't ment to compete with the E2c. E2c is really one of the only earbud/iem that are sold in big chain stores.

Dec 30, 2006 at 5:37 AM Post #169 of 194
Quote:

Originally Posted by M0T0XGUY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bose headphones / earbuds are definitly known for their presence of bass. There's almost no doubt that the first thing you'll notice when trying out a pair is the loud, mushy bass. However, if you actually listen to their headphones instead of just hearing their headphones, you'll notice the awkward balance: how drowned out the highs are, how bloated the lowrange is. If Bose improved the sound quality of their headphones, and their durability, but kept them ultracomfortable, they'd have a (bigger) hit. Of course, that wouldn't neccessarily make me interested enough to purchase them, Bose has earned a reputation that won't be shaken off anytime soon, at least in this forum.

Audiophile snobbery is often justified on these forums and Bose certainly has been seen as one of the red headed stepchildren of the audiophile world. I would be the first to admit this... I'm just trying to aknowledge that a product from a company with a less than reputable image (among those in the know) has actually produced something worth taking a good hard look at. Its hard to say whether these headphones are as durable as something like the Vmoda Vibe's..only time will tell. After a moderate amount of break in time, I still believe these headphones provide a balance of comfort and sound quality that deserves serious consideration against all other competition in this price category

Dec 30, 2006 at 12:55 PM Post #170 of 194
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham_evo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was given a Bose iPod dock for christmas this year (I know this is a headphone forum but...) and to be honest, I think that judging by that, the QC2's and the Triport IE's Bose are turning things around and within the next 10 or so years they should have some bloody good stuff and start to regain more respect from 'Audiophiles' than they currently do.

QC2 and iDock are good products?

Jan 5, 2007 at 7:21 PM Post #172 of 194
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham_evo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was given a Bose iPod dock for christmas this year (I know this is a headphone forum but...) and to be honest, I think that judging by that, the QC2's and the Triport IE's Bose are turning things around

Sounds like you were indeed saying that. :p

Anyway, you've got it backwards. Bose established a reputation a few decades ago by making equipment that was actually pretty good. Once the name had a good reputation, they started marketing, which increased sales and profits. But marketing costs a lot of money. To save money, they either had to raise the prices (already pretty expensive), reduce marketing (which, in the long run, makes them lose more money), or keep the prices the same but make the product cheaply made and crappy. They opted for Option C. If anything, the quality of Bose products is going to get worse, not better.

Jan 27, 2007 at 7:22 AM Post #174 of 194
Ok well I personally love the comfort of the original triports but I hate the "boomy" bass. I've only tried them at the store so I don't know if their demo over emphasizes the bass to prove that these headphones can handle bass like that. The boomy bass is the only thing keeping me from buying the original triports.

Are the IE models going to be the same? If so I think I'll pass. I'm really considering the ath-cm7ti's right now. Can anyone give me some impressions on these compared to the bose?

Feb 12, 2007 at 7:46 PM Post #175 of 194
I've had a rough ride so far with these buds but luckily they've improved a lot recently with burn-in. The first thing I tried them with after getting them out the box was some lossless saxophone jazz, which sounded terrible - no highs at all, just lots and lots of muddy bass. I decided to give them a good period of burn-in to see if things improved. Perhaps I was a little too hasty to judge them as well, on the track I used the bass sounds a little muddy anyway, even on some HD595s.

2 hours burn-in - Treble Booster + Rock:

Maybe a slight improvement, could just be my ears playing tricks on me.

10 hours burn-in - Treble Booster + Various Genres:

There's been a definite improvement in the sound, the treble is becoming noticeably more present but the bass is still all over the place.

Approx 24 - 36 hours of use:

The treble is too harsh so I've turned off the treble booster and started using the larger silicon buds, the sound is much better but I still miss the accuracy of the treble that I have with larger headphones such as the Sennheisers.

I've decided to run the IEs with pink noise for several hours, I'll cross my fingers that this will help slightly with the treble.

Mar 10, 2007 at 2:40 AM Post #177 of 194
So it sounds like the Bose Triports are similar to the Sony E888s. Can you use fomies with the Tiports instead of the gels it comes with if I don't like them? I'm asking because some how my dog managed to start chewing on my modded E888-LP
mad.gif

Mar 10, 2007 at 2:26 PM Post #178 of 194
Quote:

Originally Posted by Panther37 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So it sounds like the Bose Triports are similar to the Sony E888s. Can you use fomies with the Tiports instead of the gels it comes with if I don't like them? I'm asking because some how my dog managed to start chewing on my modded E888-LP
mad.gif

There is no seal between the gel and your eal, so it would not make any sense to mess with it.

Mar 10, 2007 at 5:41 PM Post #179 of 194
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwkarth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is no seal between the gel and your ear, so it would not make any sense to mess with it.

I thought the E888s were technically not sealed too, they just kind of hang there. Luckily the TriPorts are available from local retailers that will take them back.

Mar 23, 2007 at 4:31 AM Post #180 of 194
Quote:

Originally Posted by atx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They don't isolate at all... it's just like wearing regular earbuds. I have the regular Triports as well and I think the IE sounds better -- but you gotta burn these in for at least 100+ hours. I've been playing mine non-stop for almost a week. Out of the box they sound really dark, rolled off, and with overwhelming bass --- I think some people would just run back to the store and return them. Wait until the 100+ hrs mark and they will change dramatically.

What do you mean by burn in?
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back