BOSE Threat: Calling all that is good an human in the audio world...
Oct 29, 2003 at 1:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

MD1032

Headphoneus Supremus
Help me crush my friend. He claims that BOSE is a very dependable company with excellent products. I just hit him with the Acoutimass review:

http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html

Can you guys help me render some arguments as to why BOSE is bad? "Buy Other Sound Equipment". I know BOSE can charge ridiculous prices for mediocre equipment, but I don't know how to express it.

Oct 29, 2003 at 1:20 AM Post #2 of 24
let him listen to a bose system, then take him to a hi-fi shop where he can listen to a "real" system. that should make short work of the argument.

hearing is believing you know?

edit: oh yeah and if he can't hear the difference, pull out your wallet and tell him how lucky he is.
tongue.gif

Oct 29, 2003 at 1:22 AM Post #3 of 24
Bose = "better audio" through marketing.

Search for any of 999,000,000 threads here dissing Bose for specifics.

If Bose products were priced 60% below what they are, they might be worth consideration.

Oct 29, 2003 at 4:15 AM Post #4 of 24
Just to reiterate -- it's not so much that they're bad, it's that they're overpriced. You can do better for the same investment elsewhere.

Oct 30, 2003 at 12:25 AM Post #5 of 24
Bose systems do in fact sound good, you want to tell the person who is considering purchasing one about other systems that would far surpass them. Such as a Klipsch Quintet or Energy Take 5 system (if they still make those...), both are far superior products that have very small sized satellites.

Oct 30, 2003 at 6:44 AM Post #6 of 24
Did Bose ever make quality good sounding speakers?
I remember buying a pair of Bose tower speakers back in 1986. Then in 1991 I bought a Kenwood rack system and was very disappointed that the cheaper looking 2 way Kenwood speakers sounded better than the 3 way hi tech Bose speakers.

I know, I shoud not be admitting to such audio idiocy as the above examples, in this forum.

I have better stuff now, not great, but better.
tongue.gif

Oct 30, 2003 at 2:25 PM Post #8 of 24
I agree with Dusty Chalk on this. Bose really isn't all that bad, it's just way way overpriced. Audio nuts get mad because un-audio-educated people think that Bose is the top of the chain. Just think, you go to Best Buy/Circuit City and Bose really is the top of the line there. It is up to us as audiophiles and enthusiasts to educate them and direct them to finer audio establishments.

Oct 30, 2003 at 3:15 PM Post #9 of 24
I second the opinion that Bose products are severely overpriced for their performance. Most Bose products aren't all that horrible, on an absolute scale (though there are a couple of Bose products are truly crap-tastic).

Oct 31, 2003 at 7:03 AM Post #13 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by Dusty Chalk
Just to reiterate -- it's not so much that they're bad, it's that they're overpriced. You can do better for the same investment elsewhere.

I agree

Oct 31, 2003 at 9:06 PM Post #14 of 24
i have an argument for you that is irrefutable:

"bose" is the german word for "evil" - it really is, i kid you not...

(actually it's "böse", hope you can see the two little dots on the o)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back