BOSE Threat: Calling all that is good an human in the audio world...
Nov 9, 2003 at 4:23 PM Post #17 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by woodytone
i bought the qc2's but that was before i joined this message board. basically they are really expensive ear muffs.

It is strange, because just one minute before you made the above quote, you made this post: Quote:

px100's have way too much "hissing noise". they don't sound very good. QC2 sound nice with lots of bass. i don't think they are worth the money but they are a very nice headphone

Nov 9, 2003 at 5:11 PM Post #18 of 24
Actually, if Bose sells their cube system for ~$300, I'll take it. Makes a nice small bedroom system.

If Bose means "evil" in German. Then how does Bose market itself in Germany?

I know the classica anime film "Laputa," had to change its name when being marketed in Spanish speaking countries.

Nov 9, 2003 at 5:22 PM Post #19 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by Riordan
"bose" is the german word for "evil" - it really is, i kid you not...

(actually it's "böse", hope you can see the two little dots on the o)

But, since we don't have umlauts in English, that would be written "boese".

Nov 9, 2003 at 6:03 PM Post #20 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by woodytone
px100's have way too much "hissing noise". they don't sound very good. QC2 sound nice with lots of bass. i don't think they are worth the money but they are a very nice headphone

See my blunt post on Bose products in my post above.

And also, woodytone, you cannot directly compare an open headphone with no isolation whatsoever like the PX100 to an active noise-cancelling headphone that only cancels lower frequencies (while leaving the higher frequencies non-"cancelled") like the QC2.

Nov 9, 2003 at 10:22 PM Post #21 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by Musicfan123
Actually, if Bose sells their cube system for ~$300, I'll take it. Makes a nice small bedroom system.

If Bose means "evil" in German. Then how does Bose market itself in Germany?

I know the classica anime film "Laputa," had to change its name when being marketed in Spanish speaking countries.

They still market it as BOSE because their website is www.bose.de . The name is clearly missing the umlauts over the O, so maybe it isn't an issue for german customers. Also, I'm sure with germany being one of the largest economies in europe, the mighty BOSE marketing machine is busy trying to blind germans from the truth too.

Nov 10, 2003 at 2:52 AM Post #22 of 24
yeah we have those bose cube speakers here mixed w/ a bunch of other various speakers for our surrounds sound. and it doesnt sound all that great but i think one of the speakers might be out of phase but anyway yesterday my dad bought bose 201v speakers for his bedroom.. they sound decent. we got em from best but but i agree that it is a bit low on base and treble, they have a really warm sounds to them (cus of a lack of everything else) if i was the one buying i definetely wouldve gotten the athena ones they had there but he didnt ask me and i primarily wont be listening to them anyway but now i feel guilty that i let him buy the worse ones
mad.gif
oh well... oh he was lookin at the consumer reports article on speakers... dammn shame, damn shame

Nov 10, 2003 at 9:25 AM Post #23 of 24
Consumer Reports doesn't know jack about audio, and I don't trust them very much in other categories. I've heard the Wave Radio, Triports, and a few Bose Speakers and all of them are disapointments for the price.

Nov 10, 2003 at 9:41 AM Post #24 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by Lando
Consumer Reports doesn't know jack about audio, and I don't trust them very much in other categories. I've heard the Wave Radio, Triports, and a few Bose Speakers and all of them are disapointments for the price.

I agree with what you say (the Bose products are overpriced), but Bose's noise cancelling headphones are pretty good in my estimation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back