Bose QuietComfort?
Apr 16, 2009 at 1:25 PM Post #17 of 27
Even for NC cans my NC732 beats it handily. And I've had extensive use of both. If you are lucky it's possible you may be able to find it cheap (I got it for $100 Canadian at a local warehouse sale brand new; it seems that these don't sell overly well and Denon want to clear these out of their stock).

Apr 16, 2009 at 1:49 PM Post #20 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by somestranger26 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
....decent IEMs or closed headphones will give similar results, or there are other non-ripoff companies like Audio Technica that make noise canceling headphones.

I used to own a set of QuietComfort 2s for flying and they were ok. I have since sold them and use my IEMs (Shure SE310 / Westone 3). The IEMs have better noise reduction and sound way way way better.

Apr 16, 2009 at 2:07 PM Post #21 of 27
Apr 30, 2012 at 12:12 PM Post #22 of 27
Hey, I used the search.. This thread came up, don't be rude to other members, I makes you look like a child.

Apr 30, 2012 at 3:47 PM Post #24 of 27
Well, Bose really does suck  
deadhorse.gif

However, if you do need NC phones, there are far better NC phones (SQ-wise) made by the likes of Sennheiser, Denon and Sony.

Apr 10, 2015 at 12:05 PM Post #26 of 27
Now true to Bose’s classic form there’s not much information beyond the general features of the headphone on the box so Bose noise-canceling technology, folding earcups, in-line control and mic.
The active EQ and triport technology…I’m actually curious about what that ‘Active EQ’ implies because does it imply that they actually have some sort of DSP that modifies the sound when the, when the noise cancelling is engaged. 
wink_face.gif

Apr 10, 2015 at 12:19 PM Post #27 of 27
I've looked at Bose qc25 and qc20 before settling on Westone w30s. From what I've read, Bose does have the best Active noise canceling tech, so if thats what you are looking for, the qc series should at least be considered. 

Besides the noise-cancelling though, they do seem to have subpar sound quality, especially for the price. So basically you are paying a premium just for the (admittedly great) active noise cancellation. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back