Bose QuietComfort Ultra
Dec 24, 2023 at 11:07 AM Post #31 of 36
Fyi, Bose ultra headphones and earbuds only support aptX adaptive which is an entirely different CODEC from other aptX CODECs. And unfortunately Qualcomm doesn't support backward compatibility.
It's really weird and unusual. I have quite a few different TWS headphones and they all have at least one advanced aptX codec (for example, aptX Adaptive or HD) and at the same time a "regular" aptX.

It is difficult to call the friendly behavior of the manufacturer to release headphones with only aptX Adaptive in an environment where there are not so many devices supporting this codec.

Another black mark for Bose.

I remember perfectly well that they promised to add support for the aptX codec to their previous TWS model (Bose QuietComfort Earbuds II) by the spring of 2023. And they didn't keep their word.

Jan 20, 2024 at 12:15 PM Post #32 of 36
Back on this, anyone like to share EQ setting? :wink:

Jan 21, 2024 at 5:36 AM Post #33 of 36
Everything is very simple there: by default, for some reason, the manufacturer has terribly raised the low frequencies. This needs to be corrected as much as possible - and the sound becomes excellent.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 0
Jan 21, 2024 at 7:19 PM Post #34 of 36
I leave the Mid and Treble at default (0) and adjust the Bass to -6. This gives a warm lush sound that's relaxing to listen to and more forgiving of modern music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back