Bose QuietComfort 35 II still a good choice?
Nov 26, 2018 at 10:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

simtom

New Head-Fier
Hello all,

I'm a long time Bose QuietComfort 15 user and was wondering if it's still a good choice to upgrade to the 35 II? Where I live it's currently on sale (€299 vs €379) and it's tempting to buy it.

I've been following the noise cancellation headphones space sporadically but I understand that there is some real competition now. Apparently the Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones are regarded as a better pair of headphones than the Bose 35 II. Can someone confirm this?

I also read that Microsoft now has a very good headphone (Surface).

Drawbacks of the 35 II are (from what I've read from reviews):
- EQ changes when adjusting volume (true?)
- white noise present in noise cancellation (apparently more than the 15 or 25)

So what do I want to know?
1. Even with the discount, still worth the money?
2. According to some, the Bluetooth connection of the Bose is not that good?
3. As a long time Bose user, will I have trouble adapting to other sound signatures or is that something personal?
4. What is your favorite pair of noise cancelling headphones?

Thank you in advance for taking the time to answer my questions!

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2018 at 1:45 AM Post #2 of 5
1. Even with the discount, still worth the money?
This question is very subjective. Every user has different needs toward sound signature and functionality. If Bose sound signature is convincing for you then the discount is definitely a good buy.

2. According to some, the Bluetooth connection of the Bose is not that good?
I believe WH-1000XM3 supports most of the codec including LDAC which makes it a little ahead as compared to Bose.

3. As a long time Bose user, will I have trouble adapting to other sound signatures or is that something personal?
It depends. Sometime a new sound signature will grab your heart more. Do not be afraid to change but always understand what you want or like :)

4. What is your favorite pair of noise cancelling headphones?
WH-1000XM3 is always in my list but I think PXC550 from Sennheiser could be another great competitor. In term of sound quality and comfort I will lean towards PXC550 a little bit but noise cancellation wise WH-1000XM3 is definitely better. There is always a trade-off. Cannot escape from this reality.

Nov 27, 2018 at 2:29 AM Post #3 of 5
There are a couple of other European products that I would throw into this discussion: the B&O H9i and the B&W PX. Might be worth reading about them to see if one or the other meets your needs. Not sure about Belgian pricing--you'll have to check.

Nov 27, 2018 at 2:52 AM Post #4 of 5
B&O H9i and the B&W PX
These 2 models are very popular in Singapore as well especially PX but price wise over here is killing the wallet...

Nov 27, 2018 at 11:32 AM Post #5 of 5
@yong_shun Yeah, like you said it's indeed subjective. Price wise there is no comparison because I can't find the Sony ones discounted (so €380 here in Belgium vs €299). Call me lazy but I think I'll just stay with Bose because that's what I'm used to. Still, I really appreciate your answers.

@serman005 The B&O H9i is out of range for me in terms of budget (or rather, what I want to spend on headphones). The B&W PX looks nice but like I said above, I'm being lazy here :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back