Bose QuietComfort 2 vs 3 (Sony MDR-v6, MDR-v600, MDR-v900)
May 25, 2007 at 3:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

BabelFish

New Head-Fier
first off.. Please no Bose hating... just read the entire post first
smily_headphones1.gif
:

Several years ago I got the triports for a present and I am currently on my 4th pair.. I called bose to complain again because the hinges keep breaking on me. They told me that instead of replacing them with another pair (my 5th pair) that they would just upgrade me to the QC2 for free. I have the opportunity to go with the QC2 or the QC3.. my question is which one should I go for? Obviously price is not a concern in this instance. So which one would be better? Thanks.

Now the Sony question... What is better Sony MDR-V6, MDR-v600, or the Sony MDR-V900..
smily_headphones1.gif

I am sure you can figure out what I am planning on doing. My other question is whether the Sonys would be a better route or are the QC2/3 noise canceling any good?

May 25, 2007 at 4:31 PM Post #2 of 24
the sony v6 is held pretty highly around here for what it is.

i would find out which bose is more $$$ get it and sell it on ebay (if they are replacing for free).

then buy some awesome headphones.

May 25, 2007 at 5:51 PM Post #9 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by BabelFish /img/forum/go_quote.gif
whats wrong with the v900s?

I only can remark on what I actually own and/or have used -- never heard V900 myself -- maybe someone can comment that has used them?

May 25, 2007 at 5:55 PM Post #10 of 24
If you are positive you're selling them, QC3, since they retail for $50 more. If you are entertaining any notions of actually using them, QC2. I absolutely hate their on-ear headphones. Uncomfortable, poorly-designed, sound like crap. At least the QC2 should be comfy, and sound at least as good as an AE triport. OE triport = pure garbage, so I can only assume the same about the QC3.

May 25, 2007 at 7:47 PM Post #12 of 24
Even though Bose has been extremely flamed at over the years, I have to say that their customer service is absolutely top-notch. All you have to do is say that something is wrong with your product, and they send you a replacement for free. They really are unrivaled in this department, though sound wise there are better alternatives. If you're looking into Sony, check out the V6's, which you can get on Amazon for around 70 dollars.

Cheers.

May 26, 2007 at 12:48 AM Post #15 of 24
I like my V6's alot, I've had em for about 16 years now
eggosmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back