Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones
Jun 9, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #976 of 1,152
Once upgraded to 1.2.9 or 1.2.10 the ANC is ruined and downgrading doesn't solve it.

Ruined how?

I have had them for about a week. After updating firmware, I didn't notice much of a difference in anything...

I'm mostly happy with them, tho there's a white noise in the background when listening to quieter music or podcasts. I like the convenience of them, not having to deal with the in ear monitor issues, etc.

I do feel like they're running with a bass boost all the time. I wouldn't say it's a negative, just different...makes me wonder if I AM a bass head, haha! They're also very smooth and easy to listen to while doing other things.

I don't plan on using mine for the gym as they slip off, get hot, etc. I'm getting used to the white noise in the background and that lets me use them for Headspace, the meditation app. I can really get some peace as it forces me to deal more with thoughts in my head as opposed to external distractions. It's almost like I'm on another level of mindfulness.

They're not perfect. But I enjoy them when browsing the web on an iPad or when making a smoothie in the morning.

Jun 23, 2017 at 11:11 AM Post #978 of 1,152
New firmware now, v1.3.2 with adjustable NC from the app - off/low/high.
I might decide to live without that feature as I'm not a fan of the spyware aspects of the app. If there are other benefits from the fw upgrade, one can upgrade the fw without the app, check their website, it's under support.

Jul 1, 2017 at 10:48 PM Post #980 of 1,152
Jul 2, 2017 at 2:20 PM Post #983 of 1,152
Well, the ANC is supposed to be used with content to block both predictive low frequency noises and sporadic high frequency noises, without having to output too much volume.

I find that it does wonders on a plane with music playing.
No ANC will get rid of voices......at least not yet.

As for passive isolation, I wonder what's better, a BA IEM or a well engineered set of cups?

I see that you now have both closed headphones and BA IEMs. What would you say is better for isolation at an office with people talking, etc.?

Thanks

Jul 4, 2017 at 7:58 AM Post #984 of 1,152
Hello,

I am considering buying the QC 35 and use them as my daily driver.
Currently I am using ATH-M50x and I am really happy with them and the sound quality they provide.
I want to get the QC 35 because when I tried the QC 25 the comfort was out of this world and based on the feedback in the thread the sound quality has improved. Also they are wireless which is a big plus.

Is there anyone here who managed to compare the QC 35 to the ATH-M50x?
I did side by side comparison with QC 25 in the past and I was disappointed by the sound of QC25.

For the people that use them daily:
Do you see any wear and tear?
How is the battery life?
How are they performing with iPhone 7?
Is the ANC issue fixed with the latest firmware?

Thank you in advance.

Jul 4, 2017 at 10:30 AM Post #985 of 1,152
Hello,

Currently I am using ATH-M50x and I am really happy with them and the sound quality they provide.
I want to get the QC 35 because when I tried the QC 25 the comfort was out of this world and based on the feedback in the thread the sound quality has improved. Also they are wireless which is a big plus.

I did side by side comparison with QC 25 in the past and I was disappointed by the sound of QC25.

How is the battery life?

Thank you in advance.
I have no ANC issues and never had any. I don't have an iPhone but use it with an iPod Touch with excellent results. The battery life is excellent. I commute and use it for at least 2 hours a day with no wear issues and find the sound quality to be the best Bose has ever delivered and in pure terms, for the first time, very good.
I have the latest firmware and app installed on the Touch as well as my Android phone. I am very pleased.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2017 at 3:02 AM Post #986 of 1,152
I see that you now have both closed headphones and BA IEMs. What would you say is better for isolation at an office with people talking, etc.?

Thanks
Music playing? Both are good, I usually have to be tapped.

No music playing, it's a case I rarely encounter. If I had to guess, I would say ANC cups, but it's a toss up.

However, the office drone, ANC wins hands down.

Jul 5, 2017 at 9:04 AM Post #987 of 1,152
Hello,

How is the battery life?

Thank you in advance.

I go between the QC35 and M50x very often.

Sound quality wise the QC35 is laid back in comparison with the M50x, I always find myself yearning for a little more high frequency clarity on the QC35. The bass is very comparable on both, while the mids on the QC35 are slightly thicker and more forward. Comfort and convenience wise nothing beats the QC35. I'm eagerly awaiting the PSB M4U 8 which will most probably replace my QC35.

Jul 5, 2017 at 10:37 AM Post #988 of 1,152
Music playing? Both are good, I usually have to be tapped.

No music playing, it's a case I rarely encounter. If I had to guess, I would say ANC cups, but it's a toss up.

However, the office drone, ANC wins hands down.

What about the sound quality of the Bose/Sony ANC headphones versus your BA IEMs?

Thanks

Jul 5, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #989 of 1,152
What about the sound quality of the Bose/Sony ANC headphones versus your BA IEMs?

Thanks
Not even close, BA IEMs well over ANC cans.

The cans are there if you want to wear them for extended periods of time in the office, or commuting to/from the office.

In a quiet environment for short critical listening sessions, BA IEMs all the way.

Jul 5, 2017 at 10:41 AM Post #990 of 1,152
Not even close, BA IEMs well over ANC cans.

The cans are there if you want to wear them for extended periods of time in the office, or commuting to/from the office.

In a quiet environment for short critical listening sessions, BA IEMs all the way.

Ah, so it's more of a comfort issue. BA IEMs isolate more and sound better, but at the end of the day you find it annoying to have something stuck in your ears all day versus pillowy ANC headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back