Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones
Oct 22, 2016 at 11:37 PM Post #586 of 1,152
Only audio from one source at a time, but can active connect to two sources at once. For example, I have my QC35 connected to my laptop and my phone. I'll have youtube playing on my computer and music playing on my phone. Priority goes to the device that plays audio first, or barring that, pairs first. Let's say I play music from my phone to the QC35. I start a youtube video on my computer. If I hit stop on my phone, the audio from youtube begins playing automatically. If I play music, the QC35 switches from youtube to music. No disconnection or repairing of devices is required.

So it is incorrect to say the QC35 connects to one device at a time.

Oct 23, 2016 at 6:47 AM Post #588 of 1,152
Got a QC35 now. Seems a little brighter than the QC25. But I could swear the pre release store unit had more bass.

Treble has this sand papery rawness to it. Not peaky hot, but weird. Still better than the dull QC25 though.

For 349€ it feels cheap. More like a 80€ headphone. Also the inside mechanism of the hinge is now plastic and not metal like QC25.

The design is sleek & comfortable and features like ANC are very good, but the build itself is not premium like B&W or B&O (v1) the arms that hold the cups feel like a piece of those white plastic forks/knives you buy for partys in a pack of 20.

I would prefer to live with more weight if it would mean a more inspiring build...

Oct 23, 2016 at 6:57 AM Post #589 of 1,152
Treble has this sand papery rawness to it. Not peaky hot, but weird. 

Agreed but it seems to vary from unit to unit - my first QC35 had intolerable treble that set my teeth on edge, my 2nd pair had excessive hiss in the left channel after 10mins of use, my 3rd set is sort of OK, the hiss level is 'normal', the treble is (can be) a bit gritty and steely, depending on source material but they are better than the first pair.
With the right source they sound totally superb - lots of bass and a wonderful sound stage but I still find the top end a little *off*... :frowning2:
I wonder if it's a harmonic distortion problem?

The problem with other headphones I have tried since I have had the QC35's has sounded lacking in the sub-bass - not yet found anything that has a comparable reach to the bottom end... :frowning2:

Oct 23, 2016 at 1:11 PM Post #590 of 1,152
Do you actually have a pair?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not anymore, I had the QC35, the Sony MDR1000x, and the B&W P7s - I returned the ANC HPs and kept the P7s.  @Roen posted a more accurate version of the point I poorly made.  Also I have the Bose OE Soundlinks and they work exactly as my QC35s did as @roen described.  Personally I don't find it a useful feature since I have a lot of devices I switch between so I just prefer to control it manually.  I find myself scrolling the list all of the time.

Oct 23, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #591 of 1,152
Hey guys i got the QC 35s yesterday for use with my phone and laptop and when traveling.
I might use them in the gym not sure yet.

I do like the noise canceling and wireless features.
I was looking at the PXC 550 but did not like the touch controls. The Momentum 2.0 was to small for my ears and the NC did not seem great.
Hope i made a good choice 

Im looking for a bluetooth USB or Audio adapter so i can use these with my PC or TV what would you guys get to use?

Oct 23, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #592 of 1,152
Hey guys i got the QC 35s yesterday for use with my phone and laptop and when traveling.
I might use them in the gym not sure yet.

I do like the noise canceling and wireless features.
I was looking at the PXC 550 but did not like the touch controls. The Momentum 2.0 was to small for my ears and the NC did not seem great.
Hope i made a good choice 

Im looking for a bluetooth USB or Audio adapter so i can use these with my PC or TV what would you guys get to use?
be prepared to sweat.

Oct 23, 2016 at 6:26 PM Post #596 of 1,152
  I seen the P7s they look great. I wanted the NC for my headphones. what fan do you use?

I use the Lasko 20-Inch Max Performance High Velocity fan which puts out enough air to push around my swiss ball. I do mostly the "big 4" with some secondary isolation stuff, but no olympic lifts.  I even did box jumps with no problem, although I have to re-position between sets.

That fan is one of the things I used to test ANC and the QC35 did a great job with the whoosh sounds behind the fan but you don't want to be in front of it with the wind blowing over the mics ... it didn't occur to me until just now, but another reason the P7s will work better for me (a.) sound quality, (b.) work great wired & amped with FLAC24s, (c.) can use them working out in front of a massive wind machine.  
dt880smile.png

Oct 24, 2016 at 11:12 AM Post #597 of 1,152
What's the big 4?
Bench, Overhead Press, Squat, Deadlift?

Oct 27, 2016 at 4:44 AM Post #600 of 1,152
Disclaimer: I am normally not a fan of Bose but I think the QuietComfort 35s are excellent. I compared this against the sound of the Sony H.Ear On MDR100ABN/B. I prefer the sound of the Sonys. Sounds seems better, more lively, more revealing, but will get quite tiring after a while. NC well no comparison the Bose are better to me. For the purpose of travel, long-term listening, noise cancellation these seem the best to me. Add in the fact that the earpads are replacable via Bose distributors or third aftermarket and they offer a trade-in to the same or next higher model post warranty if ever the battery is dead. These are the best. Sony doesn't even offer to replace earpads. Yes they will eventually sag and wear out judging from the in store display. Oh also I am in the Philippines. Yes locally the Bose are more expensive than the Sony which made the purchase decision a bit more difficult. Amazon US both are priced almost the same. These are a no brainer for the purpose.
NC check, warranty and 'upgrades' check, sound quality (subjective depends on what you want).

SOUND
I have had the Bose QuietComfort since around August 2016. I am quite happy with the sound (It is pleasing for listening for long periods of time. I won't say these are excellent for critical listening. But hey the use case is for mobile use, specifically for traveling. For the purpose these are excellent. For critical listening at home I use bookshelf speakers anyway.)

NOISE CANCELLATION
Noise cancelling is excellent! These have saved me on thise red eye flights at 1am with 2 babies crying, airplane engine noise, and people who refuse to stop talking at this time) I had to use some ambient music to help with drowning out the people talking. For the babies crying and the engine noise I do not need the ambient music.

AUDIO QUALITY (Bluetooth Codec)
This will work best with iPhones and MACs that use the AAC codec. Yes these do use AAC over SBC.
iPhone defaults to AAC, iPhone 6s
Macbook defaults to SBC, Macbook Pro 13" mid 2012 has to be forced to use AAC - I don't know why. Ask Apple why.

ISSUES
During to upgrade of my Apple devices
iOS 9 --> iOS 10
OS X El Capitan--> MacOS Sierra
Bluetooth reconnecting has become unreliable and audio cuts out.
Did a forget then repair solved the issue.
Now to configure MacOS to use AAC by default one has to download Xcode and the Hardware tools thingy (I forget the exact name) to configure this. After the Audio is excellent. On SBC BLECH. Bad.
The switchover from one device to another with 2 devices paired are now less instant especially if I go out of range from one device then go back in range and play from the device previously out of range. I do not know if this is a MacOS, iOS, or the Bose change from firmware 1.05 to 1.06

Bose QuietComfort 35s on firmware 1.06

Users who are viewing this thread

Back