Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones
Sep 30, 2016 at 11:41 PM Post #511 of 1,152
The bt sound quality should be exactly the same whether you're listening from android or ios. The codec used ARGUABLY makes a difference, but it's the headphone that does the DAC and amping.

Oct 1, 2016 at 9:08 PM Post #512 of 1,152
Does anyone have any experience with replacing the stock/manufacturers cable? Say with something similar to the following:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OCC-Upgrade-Cable-Cord-for-Bose-QC35-Quiet-Comfort-35-Soundlink-I-II-Soundtrue-I-/291892214007?var=&hash=item43f621b8f7:m:mnKnNtAF3JX2d2MsRl4ft-w

Oct 1, 2016 at 10:09 PM Post #513 of 1,152
  Does anyone have any experience with replacing the stock/manufacturers cable? Say with something similar to the following:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OCC-Upgrade-Cable-Cord-for-Bose-QC35-Quiet-Comfort-35-Soundlink-I-II-Soundtrue-I-/291892214007?var=&hash=item43f621b8f7:m:mnKnNtAF3JX2d2MsRl4ft-w

Yea, I run the Apple cable from my QC25 to gain an inline remote in wired mode.

The Bose SQ doesn't warrant an upgrade cable, it's too sculpted and peaky.

Oct 4, 2016 at 2:34 PM Post #514 of 1,152
Anyone have impedance and sensitivity figures?

Oct 4, 2016 at 3:32 PM Post #515 of 1,152
Anyone have impedance and sensitivity figures?

Try these for tested results
https://goo.gl/iBesCU

Paul

Oct 5, 2016 at 11:12 AM Post #517 of 1,152
Any thoughts from long-term QC25 owners?

From a scan on google, the feedback on the QC35 regarding bass-response is not great.

I will be trying a set once they become available at my local Bose.

Oct 5, 2016 at 11:34 AM Post #518 of 1,152
I also own the QC25 and always thought their sound was stale,boring, and electronic.

I never get that feeling with the QC35.

I don't understand why when everybody says the sound quality should be the same.

Oct 5, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #519 of 1,152
  I also own the QC25 and always thought their sound was stale,boring, and electronic.

I never get that feeling with the QC35.

I don't understand why when everybody says the sound quality should be the same.

not everyone. :)

paul

Oct 5, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #520 of 1,152
Any thoughts from long-term QC25 owners?

From a scan on google, the feedback on the QC35 regarding bass-response is not great.

I will be trying a set once they become available at my local Bose.

Bass is stronger in BT mode, maybe because of the DSP.

Back to back, I don't remember them sounding too different wired to wired, except more bass at lower volumes on the 35.

Oct 5, 2016 at 3:02 PM Post #521 of 1,152
Bass is stronger in BT mode, maybe because of the DSP.

Back to back, I don't remember them sounding too different wired to wired, except more bass at lower volumes on the 35.

I agree with @Roen - This was my experience, wired to wired there's more low volume bass on QC35s - noticeable, but mild for me.  Overall the sound was distant and stale on the 35s whether wireless or wired - I just couldn't get $350USD excited about the 35s

Oct 7, 2016 at 7:36 AM Post #522 of 1,152
Well, I dunno, I'm somewhat confused by reading all over the Internet how poor the SQ of Bose stuff is in general including the QC35's - having tested the QC35's and compared them directly with the so-called amazing B&W P7's and the B&O H6 and the Sennheiser PCX550's the bottom line *for me* is that the bass/sub bass on the QC35's leaves all the rest in the dust. 
With the right sort of music and a good quality recording the QC35's are downright stunning as far as low end. It is felt and is heard and is very articulate, far more so than the others I have listened to.
I'm sort of angry with Bose as I know they have purposely emphasised the extremes of the frequency band - as I guess they always have to some extent with their hi-fi speakers (901's and that mysterious equaliser box) for decades but now I have experienced the QC35's there is nothing so far that comes close as far as low end reproduction - IMHO...
I'm sure that most headsets on the market have a much more linear frequency response than the boosted one that the QC35's have but boy they are all so boring after listening to my music on *any* of them directly after hearing it on the 35's.
So, I am very sorry to see/hear that I am pretty much the only one who actually likes using my QC35's when NOT flying! :) The ANC is brilliant at home too when I want some peace and quiet and to focus on nothing other than music.
BUT! I see that I'm not quiet the 'only one' - here's a review that also speaks good of the QC35's, especially of the bass:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/outstanding-bose-quiet-comfort-35-wireless-noise-canceling-headphone#x5iVT6VQQ4bTYkPs.97

Also, like me, he does find the upper end of the audio band a bit 'uncomfortable' at times - that's my main complaint with the QC35 - they are very unforgiving with poorly recorded stuff where they can make the top-end sound very gritty/steely.
Stay away from that type of recording and they sound mesmerising...

Oct 7, 2016 at 9:37 AM Post #523 of 1,152
  So, I am very sorry to see/hear that I am pretty much the only one who actually likes using my QC35's when NOT flying! :) 

Not the only one.

It is a home run to me and worth every penny.

Sound quality (BT and wired), battery life, look (I own the silver), comfort, function (I love how I can flip devices on and off in the app, so if I want to watch a movie on my Apple TV, viola!).

I never touched my QC25s unless I was travelling or needed to concentrate at work.

My only nitpicks would be.

Occasional drop outs with BT on the iPhone, but that could be the phone's fault.
And I wish they would include a mic cable.
Lucky for me, I sent my QC25 to Bose for warranty work and they sent back an extra mic cable.

Oct 7, 2016 at 10:59 AM Post #524 of 1,152
Not the only one.

It is a home run to me and worth every penny.

Sound quality (BT and wired), battery life, look (I own the silver), comfort, function (I love how I can flip devices on and off in the app, so if I want to watch a movie on my Apple TV, viola!).

I never touched my QC25s unless I was travelling or needed to concentrate at work.

My only nitpicks would be.

Occasional drop outs with BT on the iPhone, but that could be the phone's fault.
And I wish they would include a mic cable.
Lucky for me, I sent my QC25 to Bose for warranty work and they sent back an extra mic cable.

QC35 had range issues regardless of paired device.

They would probably want to include a remote + mic but then they'd have to make it device specific.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back