Bose QC15 noise canceling headphones
Sep 23, 2009 at 5:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Donald North

Member of the Trade: Donald North Audio and Riva Audio
Today I received the new Bose QC15 noise canceling headphones. They look like and are the replacement for their QC2 model. The new QC15 features improved noise canceling ability with internal and external sensing microphones. I can say it is a definite improvement in noise reduction ability compared to the QC2. Sound quality is also improved - most noticeable to me is it sounds less bass heavy. They have a good trade-in program for QC1 and QC2 owners. I think these will be very useful on the airplane and subway.
happy_face1.gif

Sep 23, 2009 at 7:05 AM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
$300 price tag, for those who were curious.

A decent buy at that price, provided that the ultimate in sound quality is not a requirement. In fact, I'd happily buy one for those situations where I'd be listening to music while traveling aboard planes, trains and buses (and whenever I find IEMs to be inconvenient) while still attaining average sound quality.

In other words, different horses for different courses.

Oct 18, 2009 at 1:47 PM Post #4 of 11
I just picked a pair of these up as I fly frequently. They don't sound half as bad as what I was expecting

Oct 18, 2009 at 5:56 PM Post #5 of 11
Just upgraded from QC2s. I've been impressed. I would agree with the OP in that they are slightly less bass heavy, but it seems like an improvement. Excellent when flying, or trying to "zone out."

Oct 21, 2009 at 3:00 AM Post #6 of 11
Cannot find a single objective review comparing QC15 with QC2 comparing them for sound attenuation at various frequencies and sound quality at various frequencies. Most reviews seem to be: I am sitting next to a big fan and the QC15 are better at lowering noise.

Dec 9, 2009 at 1:16 AM Post #7 of 11
The guy i live next to in my dorm, has a pair of them. I wasn't overly impressed with the sound quality. I felt like it was a little off balance, but that was probably just his music. However, the noise canceling worked like a dream. I still prefer a good iem though

Dec 9, 2009 at 1:48 AM Post #8 of 11
I demoed these at Futureshop. Very good noise isolation...couldn't listen to my own music though as they were built into this demo thing that played its own music.
I think they would be great for plane flights. Sure they're not as good as high end audiophile cans, but they sounded pretty darn good from the demo. I wouldn't pay $350 Canadian though...which is what they wanted at that store. I'd rather get the AT ANC7b.

Dec 9, 2009 at 2:57 AM Post #9 of 11
I found the exact same when I demoed them at Bestbuy. For about $100, they might be worth it, but then again the Shure SE115s sound better and still give better isolation and portability.

Dec 9, 2009 at 6:10 AM Post #10 of 11
I also demoed these at futureshop, but I didn't find the isolation that great. I still heard background noise when it was playing music. Then again, I don't play my music loud. They are quite comfy, and sound as good, but with it's price tag I would pass. I would rather pay the pull $250 and additional $100 for both the Shure SRH840 and JVC HA-M750.

Dec 9, 2009 at 7:34 AM Post #11 of 11
Interesting results here, remember the lower the better in this case:

I used a Shure for around the same price (SE530), the Denon for the 'below standard' isolation that comes from IEMs (most IEMs typically isolate more than the C751's do), and the PXC450 for a rival ANC headphone.

graphCompare.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Back