Bose QC15 - Completely Shocked!!!
Oct 19, 2013 at 6:26 PM Post #31 of 42
Good thing Bose customer service is unrivaled and they will replace them for you! Within the year warranty of course :wink:. OH! But if they are ever outside of their warranty they will upgrade you for a lower fee to a new pair! Even if they are broken!!!!!!!!! Bose is best.

Oct 26, 2013 at 4:44 PM Post #32 of 42
I tried to like them for their noise cancelling...

Oct 26, 2013 at 4:50 PM Post #33 of 42
But noise cancelling is overrated and the sound quality is horrendous, returned after a week of owning them.

Feb 14, 2014 at 7:55 AM Post #34 of 42
Reviving this old thread because I'm back in the market for some travel headphones.

I bought a pair of "Special Edition" (only thing special was they were blue) QC15s a few years ago.  

Like others here, I found that they had much better noise cancellation than my Senn PXC450s.  Plus, the QC15s were more efficient, so my imod player could finally deliver enough volume.

I have noticed that they've released the QC20 earbuds since, and that the noise cancellation is now on to a new and better generation.  But I hate earbuds.  My ears won't tolerate things sitting on or in them for long periods.

I work on ships, so there is always an engine rumble going on.  On quiet boats, I bring out Senn 650s and a Benchmark DAC1 USB.  But on noisy boats and planes, the cancellation of the heavy noise has a bigger impact on the music experience than the response curve of the playback.  So, the QC15s have a place in my headphone stable.

It would seem like Bose is due for a revision on this model?   It seems to have been a very long time.  I'm kind of surprised that they still are reported to have the best ANC - this technology is getting pretty old by now.

I gave my QC15s to my girlfriend (along with the imod), who now also travels for work, so I'm getting ready to have to buy another pair.  I was hoping to find news that there was a next generation in the works.   New generation QC20 cancellation in a new over-ear model.  All I could find is that they have made another "Special Edition" this time with pads which I can only describe as "excrement brown".  I'm all about limited editions, but I don't think I can do this one.

I'm willing to hold out with an old pair of Senn PXC450s, but has anyone heard of plans to release a next-generation QC15?

ccm

Feb 14, 2014 at 9:09 PM Post #35 of 42
  Reviving this old thread because I'm back in the market for some travel headphones.

I bought a pair of "Special Edition" (only thing special was they were blue) QC15s a few years ago.  

Like others here, I found that they had much better noise cancellation than my Senn PXC450s.  Plus, the QC15s were more efficient, so my imod player could finally deliver enough volume.

I have noticed that they've released the QC20 earbuds since, and that the noise cancellation is now on to a new and better generation.  But I hate earbuds.  My ears won't tolerate things sitting on or in them for long periods.

I work on ships, so there is always an engine rumble going on.  On quiet boats, I bring out Senn 650s and a Benchmark DAC1 USB.  But on noisy boats and planes, the cancellation of the heavy noise has a bigger impact on the music experience than the response curve of the playback.  So, the QC15s have a place in my headphone stable.

It would seem like Bose is due for a revision on this model?   It seems to have been a very long time.  I'm kind of surprised that they still are reported to have the best ANC - this technology is getting pretty old by now.

I gave my QC15s to my girlfriend (along with the imod), who now also travels for work, so I'm getting ready to have to buy another pair.  I was hoping to find news that there was a next generation in the works.   New generation QC20 cancellation in a new over-ear model.  All I could find is that they have made another "Special Edition" this time with pads which I can only describe as "excrement brown".  I'm all about limited editions, but I don't think I can do this one.

I'm willing to hold out with an old pair of Senn PXC450s, but has anyone heard of plans to release a next-generation QC15?

ccm

I hate IEMs too, but the QC20s don't go deep in your ear at all. Funny considering just how amazing the noise cancelling is (a cut above even the great QC15s). 

Feb 14, 2014 at 9:15 PM Post #36 of 42
Yup I tried the QC20 figuring I would be able to quickly write them off and move on to better things. Within 10 minutes of my testing I knew I was going to buy them and use them daily for my commute. They sound pleasing, are comfortable as all get out, very portable, and have the most amazing NC I have ever experienced. They actually have killed my IEM use. I did succumb tothe Aurisonic Rocket Kickstarter craze but do wonder if they will be able to supplant the QC20.

You owe it to yourself to try the QC20 at a Bose store.

Feb 14, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #37 of 42
I'm sure you guys are totally right, but for me, on-ear solutions are more than an inconvenience for me.

I have eczema in my left ear canal, which extends out to close to the edge of the ear. 

Anything, and I mean ANYTHING, that sits there results in intolerable itching. 

So I'm pretty much restricted to over-ear solutions, which is why I am so hungry for the new QC20 technology and voicing to make its way to an updated QC15.

In actual fact, I would much prefer for a headphone maker like Bang and Olufsen, whose H6 is highly regarded as very resolving and neutral, to just release a noise canceling system that is as capable as Bose's. 

But every noise canceling system released seems to get reviewed as "Bose still has the best by far noise canceling, but..."

ccm

Feb 19, 2014 at 7:56 AM Post #38 of 42
I'm sure you guys are totally right, but for me, on-ear solutions are more than an inconvenience for me.

I have eczema in my left ear canal, which extends out to close to the edge of the ear. 

Anything, and I mean ANYTHING, that sits there results in intolerable itching. 

So I'm pretty much restricted to over-ear solutions, which is why I am so hungry for the new QC20 technology and voicing to make its way to an updated QC15.

In actual fact, I would much prefer for a headphone maker like Bang and Olufsen, whose H6 is highly regarded as very resolving and neutral, to just release a noise canceling system that is as capable as Bose's. 

But every noise canceling system released seems to get reviewed as "Bose still has the best by far noise canceling, but..."

ccm

Haven't you found some pressure when opening the noise canceling ?

Nov 29, 2015 at 7:56 PM Post #41 of 42
I've heard similar longevity complaints about the other Bose headphones over the years. Never had a pair on-hand for years to test that out though.

Been reading threads on here for a while and thought it was about time I actually contributed.

I've had a pair of QuietComfort 2s for 10 years with no trouble whatsoever. I used to religiously put them back in the case after every time I'd use them but now just throw them around with abandon. Of course the ear pads and head band have needed replacing but that is it. In the UK, everything is ridiculously expensive and with them costing the equivalent of almost $500, I think I've had my money's worth.
They're used for everything. iPod, TV and movies, gaming and of course, plugged into my amp for when it's too late to play music loud.

I'd recommend them to anyone.

Dec 21, 2021 at 1:21 PM Post #42 of 42
Does anyone have any experience with Velour replacement headphones for these ?

Are Wicked cushions velour great on these ?

Do any other beyer/senn replacement velour pads work on them ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back