Bose OE - worth the dollars?
Jan 5, 2012 at 9:10 PM Post #2 of 8
IMO any headphone/IEM that isolates well is NOT good for walking. You need to pay attention to traffic and other pedestrians.

How much are the Bose OE's being offered for? It's possible that they just might be worth it.

Jan 5, 2012 at 9:30 PM Post #3 of 8
No Bose is worth even a 90% discount, if someone offered me a free pair I'd turn them down, don't support such a pos company, over hyped products with terrible quality and sound, so may other great choices out there, no one who is serious about audio would consider Bose. Bose wont even allow big box retailers to display they're junk near any quality gear, lest it might be compared in a unbiased venue.

Jan 5, 2012 at 10:03 PM Post #4 of 8

Quote:
No Bose is worth even a 90% discount, if someone offered me a free pair I'd turn them down, don't support such a pos company, over hyped products with terrible quality and sound, so may other great choices out there, no one who is serious about audio would consider Bose. Bose wont even allow big box retailers to display they're junk near any quality gear, lest it might be compared in a unbiased venue.

I would buy a Bose headphone <$70. I've listened to a friend's AE2s and they really aren't bad at all (at least way better than the beats Solos). Shame that they cost so much.

Edit: I see why they're half price - they've been discontinued. Wait a little longer and the price might drop even more.

Jan 5, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #5 of 8
Its like referring to your GF, well she aint so bad, not pretty, but really not ugly either, well ya, thats Bose for your, how about setting a higher bar and going for great sound, Bose is Mid-fi at best, ok if you prefer your music on a clock radio. IMHO

Jan 5, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #6 of 8

Quote:
Its like referring to your GF, well she aint so bad, not pretty, but really not ugly either, well ya, thats Bose for your, how about setting a higher bar and going for great sound, Bose is Mid-fi at best, ok if you prefer your music on a clock radio. IMHO

At this point I'm not talking about overall sound quality but price performance. If someone would sell me ANY beats headphone for <$50 I would consider it.

Nov 15, 2014 at 4:31 PM Post #8 of 8

So , I take it you have never actually listened to them? Just spouting the normal venom?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back